Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Maths Question And Answer For The Day - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Maths Question And Answer For The Day (523 Views)

Do You Still Remember? Who Can Solve This Jss1 Maths Question? Ja / Solve This Simple Maths Question If You Can!:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: / 10,000 Maths Question And Answer For Waec, Jamb, Gce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maths Question And Answer For The Day by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 07, 2014
If you have been following my threads you will notice that few weeks ago, i started the "sentence of the day".
Well, this time around around, i am doing the Mathematics question of the day

Feel free to Join and correct me.
I have a penchant for mathematics. It excites me!!!!

p.s. I am a multiple award winning music producer with several hits to my name. Thanks to the anonymity of Nairaland.

If you want a Hit track, look no further.
Re: Maths Question And Answer For The Day by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 07, 2014
Topic: Algebra
LEVEL: Moderate

Question: If Y= 5 + X and Y= 12 - X and if Y^2 = X^2 +K, Then K equals which of the Following?

A) 17
B) 25
C) 60
D) 119

Solution
This question is quite tricky but i will give it a go!

Y= 5 + X
Y= 12 - X

Y^2 = X^2 + k

step 1
Make the constants the subject of equation

5 = Y - X
12 =Y + X

K= (Y^2 - X^2)

The K equation is the difference of 2 squares which means we can further factor it out.

A= Y
B= X

(a+b) (a-b)

K=(Y +X) (Y-X)

Look above, we have already found Y + X and Y - X which is 12 and 5 respectively.

we just plug it into the K equation and get our anser

K= (12) (5) =60

Our answer is C.
Re: Maths Question And Answer For The Day by demsid(m): 12:31am On Dec 07, 2014
very easy thing . u call hard I no even look your solution nor spend up to a minute before I see the difference in 2 squares theory , that revealed the answer.

Note: I'm a graduate engineering student. all this yeye maths is nothing if u need hard question to solve next time consult me I will help u look for one.
Re: Maths Question And Answer For The Day by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 07, 2014
demsid:
very easy thing . u call hard I no even look your solution nor spend up to a minute before I see the difference in 2 squares theory , that revealed the answer.

Note: I'm a graduate engineering student. all this yeye maths is nothing if u need hard question to solve next time consult me I will help u look for one.

Please go to the link and solve this mathematics

https://www.nairaland.com/2032352/solve-simple-maths-question#2032352.28

im waiting for ur reply
Re: Maths Question And Answer For The Day by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 07, 2014
DAY 2 MATHS QUESTION

LEVEL: EASY

6X^3 -150X

STEP ONE
We factor out the highest common factor with is 6X
= 6x (X^2-25)

As we can see, we have the difference of a square in (x^2-25). Therefore, this implies we can futher factor the equation out

6x (X + 5) (X-5)

Finished!!

(1) (Reply)

Please When Will Ongoing 2015 Jamb Registration End? / Before You Cast Your Vote! / Nutritional Value Of Brycinus Species Fish From Otuocha River, Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.