Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! (2905 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Weddings Of All Time. (pix) / The 6 Most Unique Nigerian Pop Artists Of The Moment / Silver Spoon Kids! The Top 6 Nigerian Musicians Who Were Born Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by faithboi: 1:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
so I was in the euphora of high expectations when I stumbled on this

6. Andrey Melnichenko & Aleksandra Kokotovich ($30 million) Andrey Melnichenko & Aleksandra Kokotovich
Another one topping the chart is this couple with $30 million dollar wedding. It is never so easy to spend so much of money at one go but for people like Miss Yugoslavia Kokotovic and Andrey it was not that hard also. By spending so much just on their extravaganza made history for all the weddings worldwide. The wedding took place on 3rdSeptember 2005. Andrey Melnichenko is a Russian billionaire. Mr. Andrew is also the founder of MDM Bank. His wife is a model. The wedding was held at Cote d’Azur, France. World famous singers like Christina Aguilera and Whitney Houston performed at the event. Both the stars were paid the hefty amount of $3.6 million each just for a performance. The performance was full of famous and rich guests across the world.
5. Prince William & Kate Middleton ($34 million) Prince Charles & Lady Diana
This wedding was broadcasted all over the world in 118 countries on the internet, radio and television. The location was Westminster Abbey, London. The total cost of the wedding was $34 Million. The wedding cake alone costed $80,000. It was an eight floor fruit cake, it was covered with white cream and 900 sugar flowers were pasted on it. $8, 00,000 was spent on flowers and the bride dress costed more than $70,000. Kate Middleton dressed up in a white satin dress that was tapped with beautiful laces. The wedding was on 29thApril, 2011.
4. Vanisha Mittal & Amit Bhatia ($58 million) Vanisha Mittal & Amit Bhatia
The Indians always outshine others when it comes to big fat wedding. On 18th, 2004 Vanisha Mittal & Amit Bhatia wedding was one of the most expensive weddings as per the records. Total 1,000 guests attended the wedding from all over the world. The invitations were sent in a silver box which consists of 20-page details about the event. The card included all the details about the five days events. The ceremonies took place in grand chateau, in Versailles. Top Bollywood stars like Aishwarya Rai, SRK etc performed at the event and many Hollywood celebrities like Kylie Minogue also performed during the occasion. More than 100 dishes were prepared by the top chefs from Calcutta.
3. Prince Charles & Lady Diana ($115 million) Prince Charles & Lady Diana
On 29thJuly 1981 Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer. The total cost of the wedding was $115 million. More than 750 million people worldwide glued themselves to the television screen just to have a glimpse of the newly wed. More than 6, 00,000 people were standing in the street to be part of the fairy tale wedding. Two identical cakes were prepared so that in case if one gets damage and it was 5 foot high. 27 wedding cakes were prepared in the honor of the couple. The bride wore a white puff ball wedding dress, embedded with 10,000 pearls and a 25 foot long train of ivory and lace which was antique. The venue was St. Paul Cathedral, London. Alone $6, 00,000 was spent on security of newlywed couple and the guests. The engagement ring of diamond and sapphire was of worth $60,000 but later they divorced in 1996.
2. Seemanto Roy & Chnadano Toor and Sushanto Roy & Richa Roy ($123 million) Seemanto Roy & Chnadano Toor and Sushanto Roy & Richa Roy
The total cost of the wedding was $123 million. The wedding was of Sahara owner Subrata Roy’s sons. The wedding took place in Lucknow on 10thFebruary 2004. More than 110 dishes were prepared for 11000 guests who attended the wedding. From corporate to celebrities, from politics to religious figures all were on the guest list. British symphony was a major attraction, which entertained guests by playing Indian tunes. Even the world famous Shiamak Davar group performed on the occasion. The whole of Lucknow was decorated like a bride. More than one and half lakh beggars were fed to celebrate the happiness. It is the most expensive wedding in the history of India and even till date.
1.Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid al Maktoum & Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum ($137 million) Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid al Maktoum & Sheikha Hind Bint Maktoum
The Arabs outshined the Indians also on the list of most expensive weddings all over the world. It is believed that Arabs actually know how to arrange a lavish wedding party. This especially holds true for the Dubai ruler Sheikh Rashid who married Princess Salama. In 1979 the wedding took place and earned a place in the “Billionaire Weddings” of the Forbes magazine. A five day official holiday was declared all over Dubai and the ruler himself went from village to village on his horse to feed everyone. A hall equivalent to a stadium was built from scratch especially to accommodate 20,000 guests. The wedding cost was more than $137 million dollar. The total events were planned for 7 days function. Major concern was on the luxury of the guests attending the function.

biscoibitade.com
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by holatin(m): 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
nonsensical demdelub don't ask for d meaning
Does that weeding guaranteed happiness.
public show of promleptical sagaciny
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by faithboi: 1:23pm On Dec 07, 2014
holatin:
lol...see as u dey para like say na ur money

1 Like

Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by Babe2sure(f): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2014
holatin:

Lol......Patrick Obahiagbon must see this.

I did not ask for the meaning. lipsrsealed

*I no dey pass my boundary*
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by faithboi: 1:37pm On Dec 07, 2014
Babe2sure:

Lol......Patrick Obahiagbon must see this.

I did not ask for the meaning. lipsrsealed

*I no dey pass my boundary*
lol...nothing do u
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by naijaboiy: 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
No nigerian
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by spanzed(m): 2:36pm On Dec 07, 2014
naijaboiy:
No nigerian
U can break the record of been the first Nigerian now....
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by faithboi: 2:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
naijaboiy:
No nigerian
u tink say na to dey buy "aso ebi" b say person dey spend money for wedding?..anyway like someone said,u can b d first
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by naijaboiy: 2:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
faithboi:
u tink say na to dey buy "aso ebi" b say person dey spend money for wedding?..anyway like someone said,u can b d first
So all the weddings wey our senator daughters dey do never reach the ones wey you list abi

Guy check again undecided
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by faithboi: 3:05pm On Dec 07, 2014
naijaboiy:

So all the weddings wey our senator daughters dey do never reach the ones wey you list abi

Guy check again undecided
how many senator of "U" wey don do wedding while in office?...dis is nigerias 3rd or 4th president...i.e around 3rd,4th or 5th republic....every list wey nigeria no dey una go dey para(na only nigeria get polticians?) u tink say to spend $30m on wedding na beans?(cos dats d least on dat least)....moreover dats not my list,if u av an issue with it,u face d panel on google...
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by macklef(m): 4:00pm On Dec 07, 2014
With no pictures and jam packed? Like serioisly??

@lalasticlala come n teach this geh how to roll of celebrity lists. Her learner is epic.
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by naijaboiy: 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2014
faithboi:
how many senator of "U" wey don do wedding while in office?...dis is nigerias 3rd or 4th president...i.e around 3rd,4th or 5th republic....every list wey nigeria no dey una go dey para(na only nigeria get polticians?) u tink say to spend $30m on wedding na beans?(cos dats d least on dat least)....moreover dats not my list,if u av an issue with it,u face d panel on google...
Why are you being so paranoid
If you cannot understand my point kindly stay one side undecided
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by Collisam(m): 7:47pm On Dec 07, 2014
maazi okafor and cynthia morgan $500 million .it was broadcasted on nta and Ait over 50 people glued their eyes to the tv
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by Mariecakes(f): 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2014
Abegiiiee......Plan your wedding with
1million naira or less, or more depending on your guest size....n we will make it look like a $200million wedding....~~Verve Events~~
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by missdebs(f): 11:35pm On Dec 07, 2014
one word

vanity
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by icebebe(f): 4:48am On Dec 08, 2014
holatin:
takehrt,buh its nt ur money nau
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by holatin(m): 6:37am On Dec 08, 2014
icebebe:
takehrt,buh its nt ur money nau
what da fek, do u think am angry because I don't ve such cash ? I just hate unnecessary and extravagant spending
Re: Top 6 Most Expensive Weddings...check Out the Money Bags!!! by unibenstudent1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2014
missdebs:
one word

vanity
so u wouldn't love if I get u 1

(1) (Reply)

Go And Correct Your Family Members First Before Correcting Me - Olamide / Checkout Linda Ikeji Amazing Shoe Rack... / Awwwnnnn...lovely Photo Of Nollywood Actress, Cha Cha Eke Fanni's Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.