Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching (6579 Views)

Ten Richest Nollywood Actresses 2015(with Pictures) / I’m Single And Not Searching For A Man–39year Old Actress, Nkiru Sylvanus Brags / List Of Popular Nollywood Actresses Still Single [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by james669: 6:48pm On Dec 07, 2014
[img]http://www..com.ng/media/k2/items/cache/dda0fce59bb58fc9ce5a37078965a11d_M.jpg[/img]

For ladies, the age of 30 is always a scary one. It is the age at which one is expected to get married, but at 40? That is seen as a point of no return. Single ladies at 40 would most likely have given up or would have gone ahead to have babies out of wedlock. This is not a hard and fast rule but it is now very common in our society. Marriage is held in high regard in most African societies and there is always constant pressure especially on the ladies to get married. Many believe there is something wrong with a woman when she is not married at the age of 40. It is either she is too proud to submit to a man, or she lacks other qualities that will attract a man to her.

There are, however, ladies who get married after the age of 40 and still have successful marriages. There are also ladies who are 40 and yet do not care about their marital status. Some actresses in Nollywood are in this last two categories. They seem not to care about what the society thinks about their marital status.

Some of them still continue to seek love, while some have been accused of sleeping around, hence they can’t find a man to call their husband. A Nollywood pundit likened such actresses to a market woman who displays stale goods. When the goods were still fresh, they were advertising it to the wrong set of customers who only played with it but dropped the goods at the end of the day. Now that the goods are stale, they are looking for the right buyer.

Here are some Nollywood spinsters who are over 40 years, and what they think of their situation.

Franca Brown

Franca Brown is one of the first female superstar actresses. She became popular after starring inSerpent in Paradise and Women at Large. Despite her popularity and very beautiful face, she is one of the single ladies in Nollywood. She is almost 45 years. In a recent chat, she said that she is still searching for Mr. Right. She said: “I believe in marriage. I was born into a home; I have a father and a mother. But marriage has not come my way, and I don’t think it’s yet a challenge to me. When it comes my way, it comes.” The good thing is that Franca already has a daughter.

Bimbo Akintola

The issue of marriage has always re-echoed in many of Bimbo Akintola’s interviews. This is because she is already 43. She, however, always has an I-don’t-care attitude about marriage. According to her, she is not desperate to have a husband. In fact, she once said that she does not need one.

“I’m not searching for a husband because the rumour that I’m searching for a husband has given mewahala; all kinds of people from right, left and centre, looking for me, saying they want to marry me. Please, I’m using this opportunity to tell everybody, I am not looking for a husband,” she once said in an interview.

Rita Dominic

Looking at her fresh face and her petite stature, one could mistake Rita Dominic for a young woman, but she is not. In fact, she is over 40. The beautiful actress has carved a niche for herself in the industry. She now even produces her own films. Her movie, The Meeting, is a blockbuster. Sadly, with all the successes and awards she has bagged, she is yet to get a man to take her to the altar. One good thing about her is that unlike some of her colleagues, she is not reported to be sleeping around. The only relationship tale about her rumoured dating of fellow actor, Jim Iyke.

Ada Ameh

Ada is one of the pretty actresses who are not showing off their skin. In fact, she is so well cultured and self-conscious that you won’t see her flaunting her cleavages. She dresses appropriately to match her good-girl image. Unfortunately, at 40, Ada is still very single although she has a grown-up daughter who she had at 14.

Some also give her reason for her inability to get a husband, but she believes otherwise. According to her, “some men love them big. If you throw your left arm, you will touch flesh; you throw the other arm you will touch flesh. The impression that actresses hardly get married or stay in marriages is wrong. Maybe you will qualify me as a late starter in marriage. The most important thing is that I will get married someday.”

Genevieve Nnaji

She is probably the most popular name in Nollywood. She has been there. In fact, she is the most endorsed female actress around. Everyone knows that she is still single despite the fact that she has children. At a time, there were rumours that she was in an affair with the Koko master himself, D’banj.

The actress had been very open about her single status. She had many times admitted that she was scared of what some of her colleagues are going through. She does not want to get married and divorce immediately. “If I get married, I really want to stay married and staying married is not an easy thing,” she had said.

Benita Nzeribe

Some of these unmarried actresses are actually desperate to get a man. Some are even ready to drop their standards just to become married. Benita Nzeribe is a fine actress whose works have won her awards. When it comes to marriage though, she has not been lucky. She in a recent interview said that she is ready to marry a wheelbarrow pusher if need be.

“If I have to say the truth, marriage is not all about money or the little things of life. We should marry for real love. That is why I see myself as being able to marry whoever I am in love with, no matter his status in life. That is to say, even if the guy is a wheelbarrow pusher, I would marry him so long as my heart is with him,” she said.

Nkiru Silvanus

Also single is the hot actress, Nkiru Silvanus. After her advanced age, she is ready to share a man if need be. She said this on a programme on Channels TV recently. She said: “I’ve said it before that if ladies don’t stop this nonsense they call ‘one-man-one-wife’, many of them will get to 40 and still remain single. If the situation and the person are right, I would go for it (marry a married man).

Chinyere Nwabueze

There are other actresses who are at the verge of marriage but had remained on the spot for a long time. That is the lot of Abia State-born actress, Chinyere Nwabueze. She has been engaged since 2009 but hasn’t walked down the aisle till now. A close source, however, said there is something big coming up for her soon. We pray it is the wedding bells
Source: e reporter.com.ng/index.php/entertainment-news/item/1940-nollywood-actresses-still-single-at-40-but-not-searching
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by kaima1984(f): 6:49pm On Dec 07, 2014
Gossip,their life their business
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by AdeniyiA(m): 6:52pm On Dec 07, 2014
unwillingness to be submissive and be under the control of a man due to fame and popularity ...
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by naijaboiy: 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
That's what happens when they think the world revolves around them undecided

Op you for post pics sha undecided
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by Beesluv: 6:53pm On Dec 07, 2014
Secretly searching but publicly not searching

1 Like

Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by DonaldGenes(m): 6:54pm On Dec 07, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmph! None of my Biz anyway.

#Waltz out of thread

Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by Tolexander: 7:09pm On Dec 07, 2014
Rita Dominic
Looking at her fresh face and
her petite stature, one could
mistake Rita Dominic for a
young woman, but she is not.
In fact, she is over 40. The
beautiful actress has carved a
niche for herself in the
industry. She now even
produces her own films. Her
movie, The Meeting, is a
blockbuster. Sadly, with all the
successes and awards she has
bagged, she is yet to get a
man to take her to the altar.
One good thing about her is
that unlike some of her
colleagues, she is not reported
to be sleeping around. The
only relationship tale about
her rumoured dating of fellow
actor, Jim Iyke.
Rita was born in 1975!

She isn't yet 40years old, let alone crossing 40
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by clara472: 7:13pm On Dec 07, 2014
Tolexander:
Rita was born in 1975!

1975 na her celebrity birth year
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by farano(f): 7:15pm On Dec 07, 2014
How does it affect the price of oiyel? undecided
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by Airforce1(m): 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
see what custom/tradition is doing to our igbo women

You want to marry an igbo woman, the family will ask you to buy heaven and earth before they could give you there blessings

Mtchew
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by ROZZAYY(f): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2014
Op some of dis info isn't true na, nzeribe, dominic, jenny and nkiru aint up to 40 and genny has a dota not children. Haba.
Anyways if dem no marry na dem sabi, tis not my bisness.
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by tonychristopher: 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2014
Airforce1:
see what custom/tradition is doing to our igbo women

You want to marry an igbo woman, the family will ask you to buy heaven and earth before they could give you there blessings

Mtchew

Thats lie..i am igbo and our sisters got married....nobody asked the groom.heaven and earth

The problem with tjose ladies is that they have high taste and will not want to come down for a struggling man

They caused it
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by Nobody: 11:39pm On Dec 07, 2014
Tolexander:
Rita was born in 1975!

What's Is d diff
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by JEITO: 1:50am On Dec 08, 2014
These ladies are learners walai, 35+ and not married when I run 'meet your dream husband Nigeria plc' a company that have provided husbands for so many; latest of whom is Emem Isong. Abi dem no dey discuss such matters with their colleagues ni
Re: Nollywood Actresses Still Single At 40 But Not Searching by clara472: 8:58am On Dec 08, 2014
JEITO:
These ladies are learners walai, 35+ and not married when I run '[b]meet your dream husband Nigeria pl[/b]c' a company that have provided husbands for so many; latest of whom is Emem Isong. Abi dem no dey discuss such matters with their colleagues ni
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Photo K Michelle Shared On 'no Bra Day' / This Nigerian Soldier Be Drippin’ Too Hard. PHOTOS / Cardi B's Savage Response To A Twitter Fan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.