Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,625 members, 7,955,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:40 PM

. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / . (4027 Views)

I Want To Quit My Banking Job / Should I Quit My Programming Job? (Can't Cope) / Should I Migrate To Canada Or Continue With My Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by scarr: 5:11pm On Dec 08, 2014
congrats on ur freedom....cant stop thinking about d hundreds of people submitting cv for that same position
Re: . by smallpeepee: 5:53pm On Dec 08, 2014
beau49:

Alright.
My best wishes
u got a mail
Re: . by Yeahreen(m): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2014
Congrats on ur freedom..i can feel ur pain. Some employers are jst not it. We Go still Make am4dis abuja..D Hussle Continues
Re: . by kevoh(m): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2014
kilokeys:
yippie.. never felt so relieved in my life.

# whistling happily as i trek the dusty road of abuja with my sanity
Search for the mini-importation thread and other related threads on Nairaland Business section. There's definitely something there that will drop some regular change in your pocket/account. Thank me later for this advice.
Re: . by Enoquin(f): 7:36pm On Dec 08, 2014
The attitude from most employers in Nigeria stinks. Someone handles your personal stuff and you assault the person emotionally and sometimes physically and after that, send the person to a fast food or buka to get your meals, to the bank to pay in money into your account or to stand in for you somewhere...and then you'd still not pay that person. There is no pleading with the employee or telling him/her about the difficulties the company is going through and your inability to pay but you'd fuel your cars, load all your devices, stock your home, buy a 3 million naira dress or suit, drop a fat tithe or huge donation for a useless cause and still want to keep a tight rein on your employee(s) who 'gets nothing done right' and who should be grateful he/she still has a job.

Congrats on getting the courage to leave, I wish you the best in whatever next thing you are going into. Sorry for the rant

3 Likes

Re: . by okirewaju(f): 8:43pm On Dec 08, 2014
kilokeys:

i work for one person. thats what u get when in work in a company without HR.
Oh i see,

But even if it is a one person firm@least the person cannot say he/she has not made profit since May.

The step you took was quite courageous and I want you to make it count. Make it the best decision you've taken in a while.

All the best!!!
Re: . by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 08, 2014
Enoquin:
The attitude from most employers in Nigeria stinks. Someone handles your personal stuff and you assault the person emotionally and sometimes physically and after that, send the person to a fast food or buka to get your meals, to the bank to pay in money into your account or to stand in for you somewhere...and then you'd still not pay that person. There is no pleading with the employee or telling him/her about the difficulties the company is going through and your inability to pay but you'd fuel your cars, load all your devices, stock your home, buy a 3 million naira dress or suit, drop a fat tithe or huge donation for a useless cause and still want to keep a tight rein on your employee(s) who 'gets nothing done right' and who should be grateful he/she still has a job.

Congrats on getting the courage to leave, I wish you the best in whatever next thing you are going into. Sorry for the rant
Those eyes...ehn tongue
Re: . by Dramadiddy(m): 10:51pm On Dec 08, 2014
kilokeys, if you say ure really good on the guitar, move to lag now..they pay hundreds of thousands for your work yu know...and im sure u know how it goes, no be 8am-8pm job
Re: . by Enoquin(f): 11:37pm On Dec 08, 2014
sauer:

Those eyes...ehn tongue
embarassed so, after all my rant na only that one you see type?angry
Re: . by kilokeys(m): 6:16am On Dec 09, 2014
Enoquin:

she just returned from d states o.. u sound as if u know them well..
Re: . by Nobody: 7:26am On Dec 09, 2014
Enoquin:
embarassed so, after all my rant na only that one you see type?angry
Don't mind me. Big contrast between both.
Re: . by Ilekokonit: 8:45am On Dec 09, 2014
kilokeys:

2. work as a PA, a waiter, a real estate manager, a photographer, a messenger
3. Be insulted everyday
4. haven't received any salary since may

You haven't lost anything, you've just regained your freedom and peace of mind needed to dilligently search for a "good" job or start your own thing no matter how small.

There is a current thread of someone on Nairaland that just started a barbing salon with 200k. I bet the guy will end up becoming happier than a lot of employees in a very short while because there is no one to boss him about or insult him everyday like your former employer stupidly did.
Re: . by Enoquin(f): 9:58am On Dec 09, 2014
kilokeys:

she just returned from d states o.. u sound as if u know them well..

grin Na stories oh, I dey hear. Injustice and Oppression? I can't stand it...and I hate it when it is done to others.
Re: . by optimiza: 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2014
kilokeys:
yippie.. never felt so relieved in my life.

erhmm. before u judge me. tell me if u can handle this?

1. work 8am to 8pm mondays to saturday
2. work as a PA, a waiter, a real estate manager, a photographer, a messenger
3. Be insulted everyday
4. haven't received any salary since may

YOU ARE STRONG MAN. AM HAPPY FOR THE COURAGE. WAS IN SAME PREDICAMENT SOME WEEKS AGO. THIS EMPLOYERS CANNOT FOOL EVERYBODY. GOT A NEW JOB AROUND AUGUST. WAS PAID PEANUTS AS SALARY. I.MEAN A GRADUATE EARNING LESS THAN 40K. IT WAS PATHETIC. TO MAKE MATTER WORSE. THE BOSS CAN INSTRUCT YOU TO PREPARE REPORTS AND DEMAND YOU SEND FROM BADAGRY TO LEKKI. INSTRUCTIONS ARE REGIMENTED LIKE THE MILITARY SET UP. WORST IS YOUR SALARY COULD BE DELAYED TILL ANOTHER MONTH. I GREW FRUSTRATED AND DECIDE TO FAST AND PRAY WHY I WOULD BE ENSLAVED LIKE THIS. I BECAME A BURDEN TO MY DESIRES. UNTIL I MADE UP MY MIND TO RESIGN MONTH END. JUST AS FATE WILL HAVE IT, THE BOSS INTEND TO TRANSFER ME TO ANOTHER LOCATION WITHOUT TRANSPORT FARE CONSIDERATION. I SAID NO. HE SACKED ME TWO WEEKS LATER WHILE I HAVE SECURED ANOTHER BIG JOB THAT PAYS TRIPLED THAT.
SOMETIMES, WE DO DECIDE OUR FATE BY OUR ACTIONS. SAY NO TO EMPLOYMENT SLAVERY

if u can.. pls send me ur CV.. ( my post is vacant for now)

# whistling happily as i trek the dusty road of abuja with my sanity
Re: . by kilokeys(m): 8:57pm On Dec 09, 2014
optimiza thanks joor.. i feel encouraged.

its d first step.. ill testify real soon
Re: . by Zusii: 2:17am On Dec 12, 2014
Really soon I tell u. Chai! I so so feel ur pains
Re: . by justfree1(m): 6:12am On Dec 12, 2014
Kilokeys and any other person in such condition send me a text. My company is expanding in some few states, lemme see what can be fixed for you.
Re: . by donpy(m): 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2014
@op.. Snd me a txt on 09093200039.. I'll call u..i ave sumtin for u
Re: . by asalimpo(m): 9:42pm On Dec 21, 2014
People who preach about money shud take a look at the society we live in.
Money isnt everythng.
The prevalent atmosphere around is of:

-outward materialism
-ego and disdain as a result of materialism
-increasing agitation and insultiveness of those with money /employers
- increasing stress related illness in society afflictng the affluent
- general increased anxiety and suspiciousness of ppl
- Lack of overall peace and well being.

All in place despite evidently general rise in the overall standard of living of the affluent.
Proving tht things dont really satisfy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Most Sought After Job In Canada; Forklift Operator! / Tony Elumelu Slavery Master / Hot Nigerian Jobs Expiring Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.