Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,595 members, 7,820,136 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Why Do We Have Power Failure Every 20/30 Mins? We Can Remedy The Situation Now! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do We Have Power Failure Every 20/30 Mins? We Can Remedy The Situation Now! (528 Views)

Naira Situation Worsens, Falls To N270/$ / Five Embarrassing Situation That Occurs In A Banking Hall/premises / Nigeria May Have Power Soon, As Econet Begins Solar Venture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Do We Have Power Failure Every 20/30 Mins? We Can Remedy The Situation Now! by Dewtor(m): 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2014
Fellow Nigerians, I want to ask this question as it has been bothering me for a long time and this issue has been affecting businesses and other aspects of life in our troubled country. Whenever they restore power, 20/30 minutes afterwards there will be power failure again. I do not know if it is due to the fact that the electricity companies have obsolete equipment or that they just want to cause untold hardship for the masses. This happens during the day and at night too. Can't there be power supply for 2 consecutive hours in this trouble laden country. Do not get me wrong, I know quite well that we do not generate enough electricity in Nigeria but the electricity companies can make us to get the best out of our already bad situation and say for example that between 7am to 9am there will be electricity power supply in a particular part of a town. It will help everyone to plan and make the best out of the situation. If they do not want us to use the electricity, then they should tell us and not be restoring and taking the power every 20/30 minutes and at the end of the month we will have exorbitant bills to pay. Let us manage an already bad situation. Let those in authority do something about this as this issue is causing the failure of many businesses and many other problems.

I am selling this idea which is already been practiced in many countries even in African to the new electricity managers in Nigeria, let us see the first among these companies to take up this initiative. They can be releasing the time table for power sharing on the TV, Radio or even Newspapers. Let's have a sense of orderliness please! Please circulate this message till it gets to the ears of those that will implement it, thank you!
Re: Why Do We Have Power Failure Every 20/30 Mins? We Can Remedy The Situation Now! by Nobody: 11:01pm On Dec 08, 2014
i heard it only affect lagos...
Re: Why Do We Have Power Failure Every 20/30 Mins? We Can Remedy The Situation Now! by SirHouloo(m): 12:03am On Dec 09, 2014
I think the problem come from poor network.
Lagos being overpopulated complicates the situation and mind you, a fault on any part of the line will be reflected on the relay system which in turn trip off the light. Those NEPA guys are really trying, managing those insufficient and old equipments and tracing fault na hell, U won't want to be involved.

(1) (Reply)

Software You Can Use To Generate Upto 10million Valid Phone No. / Perfectmoney / Browse At A Cheaper And Faster Rate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.