Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Xbox 360 4gb Consideration - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Xbox 360 4gb Consideration (1704 Views)

Brand New X Box 360 4gb FOR SALE @ 35,000k / How To Chip An Xbox 360 (4gb) Console (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xbox 360 4gb Consideration by Coldplay007(f): 6:14am On Dec 09, 2014
I am contemplating buying a very clean close to new X box 360 for 20k..
It's a 4gb console.
Don't know much about consoles so I want to ask is it worth it for the price?

What are the likely issues I should expect because of the low memory of 4gb..

What is the importance of memory to the x box console? Can you save games on the memory?
Re: Xbox 360 4gb Consideration by Readonee35L(m): 8:29am On Dec 09, 2014
Xbox 360 4GB Console

Xbox 360 has blockbuster games, HD movies and controller-free fun for everyone
Built-in Wi-Fi for easy connection to Xbox LIVE
Super quiet with sleek new design plus matching controller
Ready for the controller-free fun of Kinect

the 4gb version comes with Kinect , Featuring a dedicated, specialized port, the Xbox 360 4GB is built to connect seamlessly with the Kinect, it brings games and entertainment to life in extraordinary new ways - no controller required. Easy to use and instantly fun, Kinect gets everyone off the couch moving, laughing, and cheering. See a ball? Kick it. Control a HD movie with the wave of the hand. Want to join a friend in the fun? Simply jump in.

Its a nice Game but the 4gb memory may become a problem later, because some games will create there profile on that 4gb even the xbox operating system is stored on the 4gb that means you have like 2gb to your self, Halo4 requires 3.5gb space for Multiplayer so imagine the difficulties ,i don't think you can extend the 4gb
why not buy the 250gb version then you can purchase the kinect together with it if you need it for real life experience
and you can even store games on the hard drive of the 250gb version , collect disks from friends and save them into the game and that saves you less on buying disks

i never knew you like games self
Re: Xbox 360 4gb Consideration by Coldplay007(f): 12:38pm On Dec 09, 2014
I love games but I haven't owned a console since the days of Nintendo sness..
I'm thinking of getting either the PS3 or x box 360....
Re: Xbox 360 4gb Consideration by cao(f): 3:24pm On Dec 11, 2014
4GB is too small, you should be looking at 250GB & above, unless you're thinking of using a dedicated external HDD for extra memory. As Readonee35L stated, some games will need to install a fraction of its size on the hard drive. eg Watch Dogs takes 6GB space on the PS3, which is mandatory (it didn't let me progress until I freed up the necessary space), usually it's done to minimise the duration of the loading time & some other random stuff.
Although, I own both, I'm more partial to the PS3, since all the games are regionless & you don't have to pay extra money to go online. So yes, you can buy a game from the US & still play it on your Asian/European PS3. Don't even get me started with Microsoft & its inability to sync your offline profile with an online profile or the fact I've to pay for Xbox Live just to go online - yes that's online in general, I haven't even broached the actual online gaming bit.
Re: Xbox 360 4gb Consideration by Coldplay007(f): 4:01pm On Dec 11, 2014
Thanks ^..
Whts the price range of a PS 3?
New and Used...
Re: Xbox 360 4gb Consideration by cao(f): 6:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
Coldplay007:
Thanks ^..
Whts the price range of a PS 3?
New and Used...
I don't know how much they go for in Naija, but over here you can get a used 500GB PS3 slim from over £120. The only reason I know this is I saw this today at my local cex. You can check here, http://nairaland.com/gaming-ads I know I've moved a few there. You could also announce your intent to buy as well.
Re: Xbox 360 4gb Consideration by rezy15(m): 10:35am On May 08, 2015
I run a modded xbox 360. Though I dont play on xbox live the tonnes of games i get to download and play makes it the best gaming investment i made so far. I recommend u get a kinect model. 4gb or 250gb doesnt matter imho. I secured a 500gb hdd and slotted into the expansion bay. Max price for both consoles is in the 30-35k range. maybe less for ps3

(1) (Reply)

All I Need To Know: Hacked PS3 Slim / Dream Soccer League : All Competitions / Clearance Sales- Game Center Stuffs- SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.