Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

How Much Sleep Is Enough Per Day? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Much Sleep Is Enough Per Day? (880 Views)

How Much Sleep Is Enough Sleep!!! / Dizziness, Too Much Sleep And General Body Weakness / How Much Sleep Is Needed Daily? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Sleep Is Enough Per Day? by crestime(m): 8:59am On Dec 09, 2014
It is very important for your health, if you take some rest from your usual activity once in a while. Sleep is a very important type of rest and you shouldn't ignore it for anything. The amount of hours you take your rest or sleep, will determine how balanced and fit you are to take on your daily business.

There are already many misconceptions about how much you should sleep at night and the many challenges you may likely face when you miss your night rest.

Personally, I'll advice that you take at least 7 hours of sleep at night, and try to complement it with some little naps here and there. Your siester too shouldn't be taken lightly as this could boost your energy level and hoermone balance.

So, what do you do if your schedules are too tight to complete at least 7 hours per night? I'll recommend that you begin by finding time in-between your work hours to take little rests. Just a head on your desk for 30 minutes may be what you need to revive your mental alertness. The most important thing is that you have the rest that is enough for your body.
If you have let say, 5 different 30-minute naps in the day, and then 5 hours rest at night, you'll discover that you already have a 7.5 rest for that day. You may even want to record your sleep or rest time and make sure it's enough as possible for your mental and physical health.

http://www.afrimedi.com/2014/12/it-is-very-important-for-your-health-if.html
Re: How Much Sleep Is Enough Per Day? by holatin(m): 9:34am On Dec 09, 2014
8hours but since I bought this smartphone Ve been having less than 5
Re: How Much Sleep Is Enough Per Day? by Funjosh(m): 10:13am On Dec 09, 2014
Supliment it abeg or you creat time to sleep

holatin:
8hours but since I bought this smartphone Ve been having less than 5
Re: How Much Sleep Is Enough Per Day? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2014
Good awareness op, people need to learn that sleep deprivation comes with a price, sometimes high. Thanks for sharing this with us, I encourage you to share more smiley
Re: How Much Sleep Is Enough Per Day? by crestime(m): 3:31pm On Dec 09, 2014
excelsia:
Good awareness op, people need to learn that sleep deprivation comes with a price, sometimes high. Thanks for sharing this with us, I encourage you to share more smiley

Thanks dear. More coming

1 Like

Re: How Much Sleep Is Enough Per Day? by 500samuel(m): 4:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
24 hours is too small for me...so I manage to sleep for 5 to 5 1/2 hours per day...is it too small??

(1) (Reply)

NMA Calls On FG, Security Agencies To Intervene As JOHESU Attacks On Hospitals / Burn Belle Fat In Just 3 Months...!! / 4 Out Of Every 10 Nigerian Men Are Not The Fathers Of Their First Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.