Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,626 members, 7,820,212 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? (984 Views)

Fuel Is The Gate Fee In This Lagos Party. (PHOTO) / 26 Jan Republic Day Anchoring Script In Hindi-english 2015 / What Wld U Do Shld U C Dis Tomorrow Being 1st Of Jan 2015 On Ur Way Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? by Denko2721987(m): 1:38am On Dec 10, 2014
Menlo Park, CA – Starting January 1st of 2015, Facebook will begin to charge it’s users $1.99 per month to continue using the most popular social media website in the world.

Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg explained to reporters why this move is essential for the company and its users: “If we don’t do something about our rising costs now, Facebook could face an unrecoverable financial burden and become obsolete.”

[img]http://www.nymeta.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/zuck-paid.jpg[/img]

[b]Zuckerberg had originally planned on making Facebook a pay service by late 2014, but decided to keep the service free for the holidays, through the Christmas season.

Zuckerberg also explained the other incentive, which he believes could benefit the well being of the planet.

“Half the proceeds from the monthly fee will go towards Ebola treatment and research. Obviously the planet is facing an enormous challenge when it come’s to Ebola. We want to do our part and become the leader in fighting this deadly disease before it spreads any further. Our monthly fee will greatly benefit world health.”

Stockholders will also benefit greatly from this decision according to Wall Street analyst Dan Soringer. “Facebook had a total of 1.23 billion users as of mid 2014, with projected growth potentially doubling in the next 5 years. If just 50% of those members pay the new monthly service fee of $2, that will mean an annual influx totalling billions of dollars, even if you factor in the Ebola donation angle. This will be a total game changer as far as company profitibility is concerned.”

Those who refuse to pay the new monthly Facebook fee will have their account terminated and their content permanently deleted after 30 days.[/b]

[img]http://www.nymeta.co/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/fb199.jpg[/img]

Reaction thus far has caused outrage among users. While many cite their unwillingness and inability to pay for the service, many also believe that Facebook has no legal right to terminate your personal data if you are unable to pay.

But according to social media analyst Ann Randolf, Zuckerberg and company can in fact discard your profile and delete all your content whenever they choose. “If you read the updated terms and conditions, which most users do not do, you will clearly see that your content is owned not by you, but by Facebook.”

This issue of content control has been widely reported in tech media outlets in previous years, with some listing numerous ways on how Facebook actually owns your personal identity.

“It’s a pretty odd conundrum overall”, Randolf says. “Investors love the new fee’s and users hate them, while the world actually benefits from them because of Mark’s philanthropical motive.”

[size=14pt]So please peeps what do you think about this? A fact or just a rumour?[/size]
Re: Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? by antontech(m): 1:45am On Dec 10, 2014
they should also put link to deleting of account permanently. renewal my foot
Re: Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? by kilokeys(m): 1:47am On Dec 10, 2014
i deleted it before.. ill do it again.

he owns whatsapp too.. ill switch to telegram.
Re: Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? by amunkita(m): 2:16am On Dec 10, 2014
Which seun can introduce it on Nairaland, so dat d number of dummies parading our cyber space will reduce.

Dummy( som1 wo finks his N/L view shuld b binding 2 all nd goes a long way 2 bash u online wen he can't mutter in ur presence)
Re: Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? by holatin(m): 5:57am On Dec 10, 2014
Jan 1 now associate with some bad news
Fuel subsidy and Facebook
but e no concern me as long, nairaland no try extort me of my cash.
NL forever
Re: Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 10, 2014
@OP

SOURCE or adonbelieveit..... angry angry
Re: Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? by Joshkid(m): 7:04am On Dec 10, 2014
wow!..interesting!
Re: Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? by adebisiema(m): 9:48pm On Dec 10, 2014
Abeg make dem no dat oo, i dey gain wella for FB. Mark u wicked oo.
Re: Facebook to Start Chargin Monthly Fee After Holidays To Users As Of Jan 1, 2015? by PHAYOL81: 10:43pm On Dec 11, 2014
As if i care.i dont oft visit fb 4 months and only log on usually aftr a long list of friend requests and/or oda notificatns,and as quickly as i get don wit a couple of chats,i zoom off until god knows wen.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Trust Your Partner With This Stunt? / What Can You Say About This Guy? / Pictures : Laws Are Made To Be Broken.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.