Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,242 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball (1010 Views)

Sunday Oliseh Appointed Into Fifa's Technical Department / Sunday Oliseh Meets With Victor Moses In London.....photo / Fashanu Says Oliseh Is Our Messiah As He Shows Nairalander Around His Mansion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 6:28am On Dec 10, 2014
[b]Oliseh told BBC Sport:"It is great that Nigerian are passionate about football, that
they have opinions like a coach. But in reality, everybody
thinks they know football - not because they play football but
because they know football. It doesn't work like that.
"We need to let people who are technicians do the technical
work. If you are going to talk about tactics or physical, let
that be somebody who has that expertise,”

It is not clear who he is targeting this point to, however, the footballing Legend is not totally correct. You do not need technical experience to talk about tactics or technicality of the game. What is needed is understanding. A fan who is passionate about the game and have watched numerous matches, can understand the game and make technical inputs that are right.

For instance, you do not need technical experience to know that Arsenal lacks physical presence in their midfield. Coach Arsene Wenger who is technically sound has failed to rectify the problem since Alexander Song left Arsenal FC. Also, when Victor Wanyama was at Celtics, many Arsenal fans screamed for Arsene Wenger to sign him but he refused.

Coach Andre Villas-Boas was sixteen years old when he criticised Coach Bobby Robson, one of the most brilliant minds in Coaching. Despite Coach Robson's Legendary experience, a sixteen years old inexperienced boy saw faults in his tactics.

Many Manchester United fans disagreed with Coach Alex Ferguson's choice of bringing Paul Scholes out of retirement instead of playing Paul Pogba. That was a wrong choice and the inexperienced fans were right.

Some inexperienced fans of Manchester Invited warned that the 3-5-2 formation was not ideal for a building team. Coach Luis Van Gaal with all his experience missed it.

So talking about the technicalities and tactical parts of the game should not be restricted to those with the qualification and experience. Some times, the most qualified and experienced ones miss a lot that inexperienced ones pick up

http://passionforgoals..com/2014/12/oliseh-is-wrong-you-do-not-need.html[/b]
Re: Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by crownprince102: 2:13pm On Dec 10, 2014
Mumu talk from a mumu person. You see say pple no dey comment cos dey don tire for una and Keshi all together. I 've known you to be be a supporter of Keshi and you have base this on sentimental ground. If inexperience people can talk about football, millions of Nigerians have complained about Keshi's tactics all over the world. Ex-internationals, veteran coaches, high-class journalist and sport loving fans know Keshi has lost it but you, goodjoehunt, keep clamouring for NFF to keep Keshi. Same mistakes keep occuring in six consecutive games. Our best players are left out for bench warmers in amateurs leagues. Martins was too old at 29 and Ameobi went to the world cup 32 despite scoring a goal through out last season. In a country of 150 million people not considering the ones abroad. Keshi is picking bench warmers and even using a make-shift in our right back. My guy, consider MB dey expensive this days oooo before creating topic like this and I know say u don hear say oil price don fall. So pity we Nigerians ooo
Re: Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2014
crownprince102:
Mumu talk from a mumu person. You see say pple no dey comment cos dey don tire for una and Keshi all together. I 've known you to be be a supporter of Keshi and you have base this on sentimental ground. If inexperience people can talk about football, millions of Nigerians have complained about Keshi's tactics all over the world. Ex-internationals, veteran coaches, high-class journalist and sport loving fans know Keshi has lost it but you, goodjoehunt, keep clamouring for NFF to keep Keshi. Same mistakes keep occuring in six consecutive games. Our best players are left out for bench warmers in amateurs leagues. Martins was too old at 29 and Ameobi went to the world cup 32 despite scoring a goal through out last season. In a country of 150 million people not considering the ones abroad. Keshi is picking bench warmers and even using a make-shift in our right back. My guy, consider MB dey expensive this days oooo before creating topic like this and I know say u don hear say oil price don fall. So pity we Nigerians ooo
When once someone starts a comment with an abuse, I know what comes next lack substance.

This article has nothing to do with Coach Keshi but the point Sunday Oliseh made. Do you think he is write or wrong. If you have a problem against Coach Keshi, create an article and drop your points.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by crownprince102: 1:19pm On Dec 11, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
When once someone starts a comment with an abuse, I know what comes next lack substance.

This article has nothing to do with Coach Keshi but the point Sunday Oliseh made. Do you think he is write or wrong. If you have a problem against Coach Keshi, create an article and drop your points.
I 've known you to be someone who campaigns for Keshi...... All your previous topics where aimed at retaining Keshi, you didn't clamour for Siasia in 2011, do you? European plays the best football all over the world, do you think they employ quacks to manage their team, even Zenedine Zidane was suspended recently due to lack of license. A driver might be able to drive well but the fact that he has no driving license entails that he lacks some technical knowledge about driving, he's gonna face some problem in future. Exactly what's happening to Keshi. We all know Oliseh's comment was aimed at Keshi and you are always in support of that Keshi, who would believe this topic is not aimed at your fanatical support for Keshi. WAKE UP BRO.
Re: Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by ednut1(m): 7:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
In uk they mostly use ex footballers as pundits. These are pple who have don training., played in different places. Learnt rudiments of football (coaching tactics. Politics administration etc). The average Nigerian fan or pundit knows nting about football. U hear silly comments like essien should have started. Where dey wit d team to see his performance during training, do they know his fitness level. Ball for field dem no sabi na to dey insult coach or player. Asif if they make dem coach they knw whats up
Re: Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:10pm On Dec 11, 2014
crownprince102:

I 've known you to be someone who campaigns for Keshi...... All your previous topics where aimed at retaining Keshi, you didn't clamour for Siasia in 2011, do you? European plays the best football all over the world, do you think they employ quacks to manage their team, even Zenedine Zidane was suspended recently due to lack of license. A driver might be able to drive well but the fact that he has no driving license entails that he lacks some technical knowledge about driving, he's gonna face some problem in future. Exactly what's happening to Keshi. We all know Oliseh's comment was aimed at Keshi and you are always in support of that Keshi, who would believe this topic is not aimed at your fanatical support for Keshi. WAKE UP BRO.
After Sunday Oliseh's footballing career, he has done nothing for Nigerian Football or as a Coach. Coach Keshi worked as the U17 Coach, Assistant To Coach Amodu and he has made Nigerians African Champions after many years.

If you feel me noting the good things Coach Keshi has done for Nigeria is campaigning for him, then you do not know me. I an someone who has criticised Coach Keshi. If you want me to dig out posts, tell me. So stop having a biased view and talk of the matter.

Oliseh was not aiming at Coach Keshi because Oliseh dropped a keyword there. EXPERIENCE. Oliseh is not experienced in Coaching. He has never Coached. He is a tactical analyst. So if he was talking about Coach Keshi, he would not use experience.

So your attack on me was out of spite and hatred for Coach Keshi and was pointless.

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2014
ednut1:
In uk they mostly use ex footballers as pundits. These are pple who have don training., played in different places. Learnt rudiments of football (coaching tactics. Politics administration etc). The average Nigerian fan or pundit knows nting about football. U hear silly comments like essien should have started. Where dey wit d team to see his performance during training, do they know his fitness level. Ball for field dem no sabi na to dey insult coach or player. Asif if they make dem coach they knw whats up
I called for Sone Aluko to start the game against South Africa. He did not start. When he came in, we played better and he scored two goals.

I was not join training with him but his development in the games he played showed he was to start.

Look at the points raised in this thread. It looks as if the OP had a crystal ball. Most followers of the game agreed. So I disagree with your points that only ex players and coaches should speak about tactics and techniques of the game.
https://www.nairaland.com/2003074/three-players-keshi-should-drop

1 Like

Re: Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by ednut1(m): 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3:
I called for Sone Aluko to start the game against South Africa. He did not start. When he came in, we played better and he scored two goals.

I was not join training with him but his development in the games he played showed he was to start.

Look at the points raised in this thread. It looks as if the OP had a crystal ball. Most followers of the game agreed. So I disagree with your points that only ex players and coaches should speak about tactics and techniques of the game.
https://www.nairaland.com/2003074/three-players-keshi-should-drop
if sone aluko had started he probably wud nt hv scored. D coaches tactics worked. If roger milla had started in the 1990 world cup. He wud nt hv scored as he did
Re: Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by thegoodjoehunt3(m): 9:39pm On Dec 11, 2014
ednut1:
if sone aluko had started he probably wud nt hv scored. D coaches tactics worked. If roger milla had started in the 1990 world cup. He wud nt hv scored as he did
It is not just about scoring. I am not just criticising the coach but pointing out that a fan can know who is better in a position without being on the training pitch.

Sone Aluko might not score but our Super Eagles play better with him on the pitch. It is no more a coincidence.

Also, I pointed out a young Villas-Boas pointing out that the tactics and players selected by Sir Bobby Robson was wrong. Villas-Boas did not watch them train. He knew who were better and the Coach agreed with him and put Villas-Boas on his coaching staff.
Re: Oliseh Is Wrong: You Do Not Need Technical Experience To Talk About Fotball by tck2000(m): 11:31am On Jun 08, 2019
So

(1) (Reply)

It's Fun Playing Online With Merry Bet!!! / London Unclad Bike Ride 2015 / Download Shakhtar Donetsk vs Real Madrid 3 - 4 All Ronaldo Goals & Highlights

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.