Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,961 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 (712 Views)

Katy Perry Is The Highest Paid Female Celebrity In The World / I Sold My Soul To The Devil! - Katy Perry, Kanye West, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Bob D / Katy Perry Without Makeup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by bruno419(m): 8:27pm On Dec 11, 2014
Popular singer, song-writer and actress, Katy Perry, has emerged the most followed person for 2014. It was the year that Twitter’s most-followed star Katy Perry https://twitter.com/katyperry hit the 61 million follower mark. She is closely followed in second place by Justin Bieber on 57 million, and Barack Obama, who, with 50 million followers, is the third most-followed person in the world, and the most-followed political or world leader on the platform.

Beside these three, others who made to the top 10 list included Taylor Swift – 48m, YouTube – 46m , Lady Gaga – 43m, Britney Spears- 39m, Justin Timberlake – 38m, Rihanna – 38m, and Instagram – 36m
Wizkid holds firm

Here in Nigeria, popular and award winning musician, Ayo Balogun, popularly known as Whiz Kid holds the top position. Wizkid was the first Nigerian artiste to reach one million followers on Twitter. He is followed by Davido, D’Banj and Don Jazzy, all in the entertainment sector.
Exciting Twitter year

2014 was a very exciting year on Twitter. It was the year in which England crashed out of the World Cup, the Queen sent her first ever Tweet, Scotland debated independence, and @Philae2014 Tweeted live from space as it landed on the Rosetta Comet.
People send more than 500 million Tweets per day. Each one contributes something special to Twitter, but only one is recognized as the “Golden Tweet,” a.k.a. the most-Retweeted Tweet of the year. This year, the honor goes to @TheEllenShow’s starry photo from the March Oscars telecast.

Victor Moses pips Mikel
Sport also took a dominant spot in 2014. For instance in the Nigerian setting, Soccer star, Victor Moses, has the highest Twitter followers in the sports category. Worldwide, a record 672 million Tweets were sent about this year’s World Cup finals in Brazil. In a World Cup year it is perhaps no surprise that the UK’s top ten most-Tweeted-about moments were sport-related. The 7-1 sweep of mighty Brazil by Germany, not only set a soccer record, it was also a record on Twitter, as the match generated the highest number of Tweets in soccer history.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/katy-perry-obama-wizkid-rule-twitter-2014/#sthash.Gyo7BrNz.dpuf

source;http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/katy-perry-obama-wizkid-rule-twitter-2014/
Re: Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by Joshkid(m): 8:36pm On Dec 11, 2014
i smell FP
Re: Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by Fabdedon(m): 8:37pm On Dec 11, 2014
whizkid has many haters now why?
Re: Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by Niwdog(m): 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2014
Hw diz kind tin go make fp??
Re: Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by ChubbyT(f): 8:49pm On Dec 11, 2014
Fabdedon:
whizkid has many haters now why?
cos he dy succeed d more.

1 Like

Re: Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by Fabdedon(m): 8:57pm On Dec 11, 2014
ChubbyT:

cos he dy succeed d more.
i like this!! Seriously the more he tends to succeed d more people tend to hate!!
But why do d haters run to davido?
Re: Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by ChubbyT(f): 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2014
Fabdedon:
i like this!! Seriously the more he tends to succeed d more people tend to hate!!
But why do d haters run to davido?
I tink its because dere is dis "mentality" dat u're either a supporter of wizkid or davido.N ah also think dy bliv supporting wizkid's competitor(davido) might affect him.(my thoughts actually)
Re: Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by bruno419(m): 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2014
anyhow tongue
Niwdog:
Hw diz kind tin go make fp??
Re: Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2014
And so? Next!!!!!!!!!
Re: Katy Perry, Obama, Wizkid Rule Twitter In 2014 by Kingblingz(m): 10:11pm On Dec 11, 2014
We Star Boys

(1) (Reply)

Yikes!! First Photos From The 2014 Headies Red Carpet / NBC Restricts ‘shoki’ By Lil Kesh, Davido & Olamide To Be Aired Btw 10pm And 5am / Nick Cannon, Mariah Carey Divorce Details

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.