Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. (27952 Views)

The Ancient Cars Of The Ancient City Of Ibadan. / Let's See Your Cars or Dream Cars! / My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 26, 2014
Thank God,it finally made FP,@the OP,Egi,wo kuuse
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by LadyH(f): 10:27am On Dec 26, 2014
cooool....
that beetles tho. scary car...
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by ogaofficer(m): 10:28am On Dec 26, 2014
So one day our buggati will become things of the past. . . What am i saying , when flying cars are already on ground itz just a matter of time.
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by piagetskinner(m): 10:36am On Dec 26, 2014
Wow!my grand pa had Peugeot 404....driving those cars then na real hard work o, with stiff steerings and all....now we have power steering,cruise-control,gear shifters, sat nav# thanks to technology
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by piagetskinner(m): 10:37am On Dec 26, 2014
LadyH:
cooool....
that beetles tho. scary car...
Y do u consider it scary...is it because of its shape?
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by LadyH(f): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2014
piagetskinner:

Most of em i came across as a youngie were old n rusty n super noisy... i always ran outta d rd 4 em.
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by LadyH(f): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2014
piagetskinner:

Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by seunspice(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2014
What of the Citreon?
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 26, 2014
bejeria101:
Wow op, awesome post,and yep dad had the beetle,he use to work for the vw assembly plant in port-harcourt. Cant forget that car it was white in color lol

grin

1 Like

Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by seangy4konji: 10:55am On Dec 26, 2014
I will still buy an evolution Peugeot if I can see a clean one but with a Peugeot engine and nt Renault.

Superb car.
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by piagetskinner(m): 10:56am On Dec 26, 2014
LadyH:
Most of em i came across as a youngie were old n rusty n super noisy... i always ran outta d rd 4 em.
Hehe...I rembr when I was six..I entered one,nd the rusted edge of the door bruised my leg...I rember too that mercedes 200,Peugeot 504/505 and the volkswagen beetle had a peculiar scent/smell
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by BabaGnoni: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2014

How can anyone possibly omit mentioning Citroën
The Citroën DS (French, pronounced roughly ''seat row en day ess'') is a four-door, front-engine, front-wheel-drive mid-size car manufactured and marketed by the French company Citroën from 1955 to 1975

Managed to one time own & drive this one below:

1 Like

Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 26, 2014
Dreamcome2ru:
Thank God,it finally made FP,@the OP,Egi,wo kuuse

Ehhh, wo se ooo... grin
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by warrenweste(m): 11:03am On Dec 26, 2014
my mum has these 505 evolution then,very nice car then grin
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 26, 2014
BabaGnoni:

How can one possibly omit mentioning Citroën
The Citroën DS (French, pronounced roughly ''seat row en day ess'') is a four-door, front-engine, front-wheel-drive mid-size car manufactured and marketed by the French company Citroën from 1955 to 1975

Managed to one time own & drive this one below:

This is Citroen...
Seriously, am hearing about this car for the first time...
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by SailorXY: 11:17am On Dec 26, 2014
look @ those dashboards, grin grin grin damn this life
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 11:21am On Dec 26, 2014
OP, you try well, well well grin grin grin
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by BabaGnoni: 11:34am On Dec 26, 2014
Sile12:

This is Citroen...

Yes ooo, that is Citroën, as kids we used to call this particular model frog eyes
Come to think of it and looking at it now, it even sits like a frog.
The fascinating thing about it, is when it's in water or a pot-hole, it lifts its rear end and rises up
- hydraulics

Swedish-spec Citroën DS with headlight wipers

Our dads & mums, back in the day, used to be head over heels in love of this old school Citroën DS model
Of course, there are now modern versions of these, like the following current models:

1982 Citroën BX - once owned & drove this model
1984 Citroën Visa
1993 Citroën Xantia

C1 (2005–present) - a 4-seat, 3 or 5-door hatchback, city car with 1.3L petrol or diesel engine, developed in conjunction with Toyota as the Aygo.

C4 Picasso (2007–present) - a five-seater compact MPV
C4 Grand Picasso- (2007–present) - a seven-seater compact MPV

Berlingo (1996–present) - a panel van and leisure activity vehicle,

Berlingo Multispace is a small MPV

DS3 (2009–present)
DS4 (2010–present)
DS5 (2011–present)

Citroën DS3
Manufacturer Citroën
Production 2009–present
Assembly Poissy, France (PSA Poissy Plant)
Designer Mark Lloyd
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by warrenweste(m): 11:35am On Dec 26, 2014
TheRealCoolHunK:
Wow! Cars used to look like frogs; but now they look like fishes and felines - just my personal observation. Meaning cars used to look timid, but now they look fierce in an in-your-face kinda way. What does that say about the overall mindset of humans in relation to time? I think we must be the boldest generation that has ever being. I think the fiercer looks are borne out of a crazy need to more than ever intimidate/one up other humans. Gonna stop now before I write a book because of some retro cars.
PS: Congrats, people! We're the vainest generation ever!!! Well, if that's an achievement you'd want to celebrate.

You are so on point bro smiley

1 Like

Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 26, 2014
sunnyshayne:
OP, you try well, well well grin grin grin

Thanks.
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Lakuje4power(m): 11:48am On Dec 26, 2014
Nice post. Thumbs up to U.
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by yoged(m): 11:52am On Dec 26, 2014
Sile12:
5. PEUGEOT 404 (PICK UP).

Peugeot 404 was offered initially as a saloon, but pickup/convertible was added in 1962
u remind me my papa old pick up during the oldies.
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by red101(f): 11:59am On Dec 26, 2014
memories
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
Sile12:

This is Citroen...
Haba,Egi,this car is common then nah,infact i used to see it at Ademulegun area o,that was in 1996(If my assumption is right)

1 Like

Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by magabounce(m): 12:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
Yz oooo.. Popc drop 504 Pan... Bestline... I usually liked d horn ehhhh
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 26, 2014
May GOD continually BLESS the whites..
They have consistently led us through the echelons of developmental strides....
This is what honesty, hardwork, commitment and sincerity can bring...especially when one is detribalised.

1 Like

Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by macjoshmini(m): 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
sile thanks for the pics i am going to save this page
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 26, 2014
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Tupundu(m): 1:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
chai c d 2nd one hand brake like penis of 8inches.... shocked
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by talk2riel: 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2014
Pix (1)Leyland morris marina 78 for the home boys
Pix (2) lada 1200

Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 26, 2014
macjoshmini:
sile thanks for the pics i am going to save this page

uwc bro.
Re: Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
Lakuje4power:
Nice post. Thumbs up to U.
Thanks .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

6 Of The Most Expensive Car Paint Options That Can Buy A New Car / Zimbabwe Man Beats Tesla, Invents Electric Car That Does Not Require Charging / A Tribute To My Infiniti G35x 2007

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.