Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,768 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

What I Hate Most About Naija Music Videos - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / What I Hate Most About Naija Music Videos (570 Views)

Welcome To The Brand New Strictly Naija Music Forum..... We Love Naija Music!!!! / Darren Lloyds Studios: Naija's Music Solution / Naija Music Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What I Hate Most About Naija Music Videos by ThePENGENIUS(m): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2014
here are what I hate most about Nigerian music videos.

1) Most of the videos have no theme or concept/storyline at all. It’s like just watching people mime their songs to a camera.

2) A word of advice to the newer artists: TAKE OFF THE SUNGLASSES!!! You are new. We need to see your face. Not only that but sunglasses are made for outdoors. There is no sun indoors. It just looks plain silly.

3) Women with guts are not supposed to wear mid-drifts. It’s offensive to my eyes. In fact it is offensive to my entire being.

4) Your whole “crew”, your mother, father,brothers and sisters don’t need to be in all your videos. Not everybody has a face meant for TV.

5) The shining effect that makes “bling bling” look like it’s actually that shiny just proves that it’s not real.

6) Zooming into womens behinds and bosom area is just disgusting.

7) Stop making us watch the same video over and over again: ie Come up with something other than girls shaking behinds, guys flashing bling and alcohol and displays of cars.

cool What is this new trend of not using Nigerian girls in videos? I’ve seen a lot of South African and Latino girls in Nigerian videos lately. Are there no more women in Nigeria? It’s like they are saying Nigerian women, particularly dark skinned ladies aren’t good enough. If we don’t appreciate ourselves it’s no wonder no one else does.

9) Last but no the least, the scenes with the expensive alcohol and fake dollars on the table is over played and looks really lame.

10. What is this nonsense trend of dancing with a red coloured plastic cup of vodka in these music videos? Olamide, Iceprince and co, stop that nonsense jare.

11. Showing off your borrowed rides(cars).

12. If you want to sing, just go straight to the point and disappear so we could listen to the next nonsense. Don’t spend the first two minutes of your song asking us stupid questions like,

“Yo yo yeah, you know how we do it? you know I’m back again?.”

No, I dont know how you do it and you never left. I watched one of your stupid songs yesterday.

13. Why does KC dresses like a Behind spare parts dealer. Dude be looking like a christmas tree. I like his new ride though. Let’s hope he doesn’t turn up in a golden suit one of these days.

14. “The way she dey wind her waist for the club dey make me go gaga. I never see that kind of yansh before”
So if these musicians don’t add these line to their lyrics, the song will be not be sweet eh??

15. Psquare and Iceprince need to stop dressing like they are going out for Interhouse Sports competition. Calm down with the astronaut clothes and oversized shoes.

16. Video vixens need to stop acting like an earthworm that emerged from a salt solution pool. All that unnecessary ‘touchtouch’ and ‘curlcurl’ is not sexy at all. We are okay with unrealistic scenes like moving around the beach on high heels.

17. What’s the meaning of “aye yeh ye
h?” No subs intended. LoL

I should stop here before they arrest me. You can add yours

Happy christmas

http://naijasinglegirl.com
Re: What I Hate Most About Naija Music Videos by vivaciouzz(f): 9:54am On Dec 12, 2014
True talk..esp dat sunglasses ish

1 Like

Re: What I Hate Most About Naija Music Videos by Nobody: 10:56am On Dec 12, 2014
Yeah a lot is wrong! You can't always blame the video directors tho. What would you have them do when the music itself has no storyline |making sense? Many are just doing music for the love of the money. Let music stop paying then you will really know those who really into music

(1) (Reply)

Beats Give Away By Iceprince's Producer / [music] Izrel – Toyoh (prod. Lightbeatz Classic) / The Needed Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.