Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Urgent Help - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Urgent Help (940 Views)

Urgent Help Nairaland / Urgent Help: I Wanna Cross Ma GSD Or ROTT With Wild A Wolf. / Please I Need Urgent Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help by donwilz(m): 9:50am On Dec 12, 2014
My dogs are dying . I was given a grown dog. Not a full breed German shepherd, but a good security and lovely pet at 11 months. After a few weeks, I also bought a cross breed german / rottweiler mix pup. She was gorgeous. The bigger dog was fully vaccinated . when she entered heat, I took her to a vet for crossing. By the time she came back, she was sick. Loss of appetite and very high aggression. She was being treated and was on physiological iv infusion. The mixed pup died all of a sudden without sign. But the older dog showed signs of remission. Had better appetite, but totally rejected dog foods. I bought last week, a pure breed rottweiler. The grown dog just died a few minutes ago and I'm scared to my bones of the possibility of the second pup dying off. Note that I took these dogs to the vet. I'm really sad and in despair. I love my dogs so much and seeing them dying off like this is killing me. I think my vet is incompetent . I need different opinions and a possible prophylaxis for my rott pup. Thanks
Re: Urgent Help by Magpies(m): 3:41pm On Dec 12, 2014
uhm,i suggest u hav a change of vet,nd vacinate ur new pup,nd deworm it every mnth,until its 6mnths old,wen u deworm it every 3mnths hpe dix hlpz tenks.
Re: Urgent Help by kuzee(m): 10:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
same case with my dog,dnt seem to knw what happening,do yur dog vomit?
Re: Urgent Help by donwilz(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
kuzee:
same case with my dog,dnt seem to knw what happening,do yur dog vomit?
Yeah, she was constantly vomiting.
Re: Urgent Help by donwilz(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2014
Magpies:
uhm,i suggest u hav a change of vet,nd vacinate ur new pup,nd deworm it every mnth,until its 6mnths old,wen u deworm it every 3mnths hpe dix hlpz tenks.
Thanks. Will do just that.
Re: Urgent Help by oluomoadebayo: 11:21pm On Dec 12, 2014
donwilz:
Thanks. Will do just that.

I'm sorry for your loss and you need to change the vet. Most of them are quacks and you need to be careful of who you will entrust your dog with. You don't have to vaccinate again if your dog is already vaccinated because over vaccination do more harm than good.
Re: Urgent Help by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 13, 2014
There's abug in your environment thats killing the dogs not the vet. Sounds like PARVO. A breeder here in PH lost 8 dogs like that. Disinfect your environment and give shots as and at when due.Sorry

(1) (Reply)

Super Exceptional Male And Female Caucasian Puppy For Sale / 10 Things You Need Know Before Getting Dog / Nikki And Angel, My Love!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.