Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,203 members, 7,822,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

What Could Be The Cause Of This?please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Could Be The Cause Of This?please Help (807 Views)

The Major Cause Of Tyre Burst Accidents In Nigeria ( Pictures Included ) / See What Droppng Your Car At Some Carwash Can Cause You - Photos / Over Speeding Is The Major Cause Of Accidents In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Be The Cause Of This?please Help by charly24: 8:00pm On Dec 12, 2014
Close from work on my wayhome try to put on my A/C only to discover its only blowing just norma Air pls cud this be that the AC gas has finished or sumthing else is wrong ? Please GurUS in the house wot do u think is wrong so that I shud hv an idea b4 goin to see an electrician thnks waiting to hear from u guys
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of This?please Help by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2014
charly24:
Close from work on my wayhome try to put on my A/C only to discover its only blowing just norma Air pls cud this be that the AC gas has finished or sumthing else is wrong ? Please GurUS in the house wot do u think is wrong so that I shud hv an idea b4 goin to see an electrician thnks waiting to hear from u guys

It could be loss of pressure gas leak, faulty compressor, blocked expansion valve, or an electrical issue. Best bet is a qualified a.c tech.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of This?please Help by charly24: 8:28pm On Dec 12, 2014
Thnks so much gazzuzz I appreciate ur comment
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of This?please Help by AutosBay(m): 10:39pm On Dec 12, 2014
Can you get to the inside part of the unit, the air handler, where you'd normally change the indoor filter? (And have you changed the filter).

Are the inside coils iced up? If so, they have to thaw completely before you're going to get any more cool air made.

One of the gotchas I found out about recently is that the door to the air handler unit has to be completely closed, not just "well, it's hanging on there ok". Because you say you just changed the filter, I'd pull that door off (with the a/c turned off), check the filter, look at the coils to see if they're iced up, and then take great care to reseat the door properly.

If it's not that, then it's probably time to get the a/c guy out to check the freon pressure and all the other goodies.

BTW, not changing the filters regularly is a prime cause of early a/c death.

SOURCE: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/?qid=20090613182505AAoT9Hn
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of This?please Help by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 13, 2014
charly24:

You use pencil light camry, so check your AC switch 1st, if the light on the AC button isn't showing, or is blinking, check your fuse.

After that, check your cabin filter, its behind the glove compartment above the blower motor module. If its dirty and blocked, it could be blowing zero cold air (I'm not sure if your camry model has that though)

DON'T start opening any compressor or condenser or replacing gas or purging anything yet.
Re: What Could Be The Cause Of This?please Help by charly24: 1:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
Thanks so much Lomomike and autobay I went to see Auto elect and told me it was d gas so I refilled and its up again thanks so much guys cheers

(1) (Reply)

Please Which Is Faster In This Two Configuration / Advice Regarding My 406 / Truck’s Container Falls Off Ojuelegba Bridge, Crushes Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.