Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Omenala - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Omenala (579 Views)

Nwulite Asụsụ Na Omenala Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Omenala by kinsolving(f): 1:06am On Dec 13, 2014
Hello igbos out there

Please, I need some help, i am trying to learn about igbo culture, the omenala, mostly about wedding, marriage, family, role of husband and wife, dealing with inlaws, I grew up in Nigeria but moved to the states when I was young, my parents dont know a lot, they know some but not a lot, i recently got married and my husbands family are saying i dont know omenala. This might be too general, but I will like some guide, thank you
Re: Omenala by lafflaff123(m): 4:39am On Dec 13, 2014
What is there to learn?marriage is a universal language and your role? love and support your husband. Treat your in-laws with dignity and respect, if you can cook, better and if you cant? well he married you and knows that.

Marriages are universal as it comes with ups and downs. Fight and quarrel, and then the make up sex.

Marriage my friend is love and that is all you need to learn. Leave this Omila abi na Omenala culture alone.

(1) (Reply)

Why Yorubas Don't Fight They... / First Time To Write A Tribute. Have you written? Bear It In Mind That ......... / What Are The Roles Of Our Family Members In Partner Selection?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.