Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,028 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners (643 Views)

Thrilling Pics: Lions Fight To Be King Of The Jungle In Brutal Battle. / Pics: Lions Fight To Be King Of The Jungle In Brutal Battle Captured On Camera / Photos: Lions Fight To Be King Of The Jungle In Brutal Battle Captured On Camera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by rhazur(m): 8:32am On Dec 13, 2014
Covered in a stream of sweat as he made for the narrow entrance leading outside the block, Okoli Nwabueze (not real name), cursed and grumbled angrily. He was deep in slumber by the time the fan in his room stopped rolling that afternoon and so couldn’t make it out on time to enjoy cool, ‘precious’ breeze. Lacking proper ventilation, electricity supply was the only means to keep the temperature within the room normal. Last year, when he paid N140, 000 as rent and related charges for 12 months to move into Agboye ‘Estate’, a gigantic structure with over 500 rooms stretching on about four plots of land on Oduntan Street, Ketu, Lagos, this was not what he expected. The situation leaves him deeply frustrated.
“The heat inside my room is crazy,” he said, nodding his head in complete dejection. “There is no ventilation and so whenever there’s power outage the place becomes very hot. This was not what I expected when I paid for the house last year. I never knew I was moving into a prison yard. I can’t use generator or other household appliances even after paying so much as rent. This is really crazy,” he fumed.

Source: www.punchng.com/news/a-jungle-in-the-city-story-of-a-500-room-house-where-tenants-live-as-prisoners/
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by macpetrus(m): 9:59am On Dec 13, 2014
Na wa Oooo...
He should Relocate and find a comfortable place to rent.

(1) (Reply)

8 Things Nairalanders Should Start Doing / Funny Nigerian Phrases / AIT Counters Gbenga Sesun's Poll Claim, Calls Him An APC "Mocking Bird"! (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.