Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,948 members, 7,956,576 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:27 PM

Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine (12663 Views)

Five Ways To Have A Quick Hit Track In Nigeria / What's Your Best Track Of The Newly Released Album By P Square? / Best Track On Eli - Ice Prince (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by free2ryhme: 12:18pm On Dec 13, 2014
TheRealMrStan:

Nigerian pop star Davido has just received another accolade. His latest achievement comes from one of the leading music magazines in the world Fader Magazine.

In its annual list of best tracks of 2014, Fader ranked 'Aye' as the 81st best track of 2014. The list contains 116 tracks from all over the world.
Written by David Drake, 'Aye' was described as "a complex mesh of cross-rhythms. This intricacy provides a nest for some gorgeous high-pitched guitar tones, which cut through the noise like birds chirping a love song. At the song's heart, though, is Davido's vocal performance, which communicates sincerity with a complete lack of self-consciousness or duplicity, a feeling of confident optimism bubbling over with certainty:

Nobody can love you like I do/ No one can touch you like I do. This is the idealization of devotion, rendered in full color."

The number one song on Fader's list is iLoveMakonnen's 'Wishin You Well'.
http://pulse.ng/music/davido-aye-ranked-one-of-the-best-tracks-of-2014-by-fader-magazine-id3345564.html

another dustbin topic reach frontpage
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by cupidhero(m): 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
kennygee:
What is Fader?

How does their ranking matter?
I don't know o! Why vibe magazine or maybe rolling stone no rank am as to 1000. The ranking means nuffin!
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by princejude(m): 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
Is there any other naija musician that make the list ?
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by jorlons(m): 12:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
isokay
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by tellwisdom: 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
BUSHHUNTER:
EKITI STATE pay me my money my allowee for 2013 batch C corper.

Corper Weeeeeeeee

Mugu, how much is ur allowee wey u come here dey cry like nursery school pikin??...If you are familiar with GRA; come let me find work for u. sad
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
I just love the song, the video is out of the world compared to the normal Nigerian music videos wwhich features numerous bitches dancing nude cry
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by dre11(m): 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
Congrats to him oooo
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by shadrach77: 12:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
i remember the early days of Davido's career; the 'Dami Duro' days when he used to say in interviews that he is looking up to Wizkid. Now he has surpassed Wizkid in all ramification and it appears the arrogant Wizkid is now the one who should look up to him smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Louislewis: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
What is the yardstick for getting his positions. Image making...
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
ireneony:
i think 81 is not what someone should boost about
sad

Which one have you been rated
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Airforce1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
Cool Story cool
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by orbablessing(f): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
U guys are so anoying,81 is not good,is not a pass,dat means 80 songs beat aye,and u guys are happyooooo,unless he is the only one in african dats is on the list! I can now say GOOD work my boy hahhah
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by ireneony(f): 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
sad

Which one have you been rated
stalker
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Louislewis: 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
Sometimes it irrates me when I hear people classifying most of our nigeria's singer as POP artist. Their styles of musician didn't go near POP music, not to classify them as POP artist. Majority of them play, refined highlife, makossa.
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by BUSHHUNTER: 12:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
tellwisdom:

Mugu, how much is ur allowee wey u come here dey cry like nursery school pikin??...If you are familiar with GRA; come let me find work for u. sad

I don't need ur Job Mofo tnkz.
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Donvilo(m): 12:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Guys believe me! Dis hit will be ranked among d great songs in afro pop history. I get cousins still rockin dis song abroad
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by tellwisdom: 12:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
BUSHHUNTER:

I don't need ur Job Mofo tnkz.

Then carry your mumu face try front. Ode...Abi u think sey ur mama dey here wey wan breastfeed u??
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 13, 2014
ireneony:
stalker
bean stalk or okra stalk angry
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by milly01: 12:34pm On Dec 13, 2014
shadrach77:
i remember the early days of Davido's career; the 'Dami Duro' days when he used to say in interviews that he is looking up to Wizkid. Now he has surpassed Wizkid in all ramification and it appears the arrogant Wizkid is now the one who should look up to him smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
must u drag wizkid 2 diz ehh undecided...cant we get a thread bout about davido wer pips dont mention wizkid and vice versa?...oga o
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by BUSHHUNTER: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
tellwisdom:

Then carry your mumu face tey front. Ode...Abi u think ur mama dey here wey wan breastfeed u??

Grow up kid.
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Dekingmoses(m): 12:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
No b lie at all. I use dat song toast all the gals wey KANO d tym him comot nem. Thumbs up bro
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Aybee92(m): 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2014
pxjosh:
a complex mesh of cross-rhythms .....even davido no know wetin this one mean. e just dey sing e own dey go
chai u too get mouth
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by mployer(m): 12:50pm On Dec 13, 2014
orbablessing:
U guys are so anoying,81 is not good,is not a pass,dat means 80 songs beat aye,and u guys are happyooooo,unless he is the only one in african dats is on the list! I can now say GOOD work my boy hahhah

Do you know how many song tracks tha are released each year?
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by caukerzee(m): 12:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by franzis(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
ireneony:
did u mean to say boast, cuz if it is, ur english is not what u should boost about too

1 Like

Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by StarboyNigeria: 12:59pm On Dec 13, 2014
Shocking!!

Exposed Video: Girl commiting Suicide After having Sex With a HIV Infected Man...
I was shocked when i recieved this video.. This girl was totally humiliated by this guy who after having sex
with her, he told her that he was HIV positive.
Click This Link To Download And Watch -- http://www.9njastars.wapka.mobi/site_54.xhtml
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by weedfada(m): 1:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
that's some crappy shii ryt dia
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by DancingSkeleton(m): 1:05pm On Dec 13, 2014
ireneony:
u well undecided na WORLD ooo nor be africa or nigeria madam cool
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by asaridokuboyansh(m): 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2014
No wonder wizkid is hating. grin
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by kheart(m): 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
i dont like davido bt dis song is my best song of the year
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by xa4reals(m): 1:28pm On Dec 13, 2014
i love that video
Re: Davido's Aye Is 81st Best Track In The World - Fader Magazine by Proffdada: 1:37pm On Dec 13, 2014
hope this guy is not gonna fade being on Faders list

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mo'hits All Stars "cv" Album / 2face Idibia – Implication (brand New) / Ekaette Song Gets Banned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.