Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,604 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners (29734 Views)

A Jungle In The City: See The 500 -room Building Where Tenants Live As Prisoners / Story Of A 500-room House In Lagos Where Tenants Live As Prisoners (PICTURES) / 3 Bed Room House For Sale @ suncity Abuja and for rent @ Games Village Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Sezua(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by orobs93(m): 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
U nor go pack?
Only you waka go,only you waka pay..u come here dey para..abi u still need fasting and prayers take know say u go pack? Or u wan see daddy in d lord first?

3 Likes

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Nobody: 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2014
An arsonist will be a blessing for this. The landlord deserves the house crumbling, with no casualties.

1 Like

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by orobs93(m): 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
Sezua:

U still dey book space for second page...na wa 4 u oh

1 Like

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by slap1(m): 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
Meanwhile in Banana Island, in the same city...

1 Like

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by chamboy(m): 1:21pm On Dec 13, 2014
This part of the Reason I support. Fash Deportation scheme but it can't b a success when most state can't create jobs...
THAT y I would still refer lil blame to government.... if I was to b Head I would frustrate many Companies in Lagos to move out to other states in nigeria

1 Like

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by dre11(m): 1:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
Bantino:
This is Lagos!!!

Eko ko ni baje oooo
Obaje tigringrin
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by chuka5000(m): 1:22pm On Dec 13, 2014
When them go pay, them blind?
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by highskies(m): 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2014
This structure is failing already. Technically looks like a building that is "expired". Na wa o

1 Like

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Dreyl(m): 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
Poverty!
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 13, 2014
dre11:

Boarding school better pass this by far.. ..

This is what I called PRISON. And it's dehumanizing to know that people do live there and raise a family in this sort of conditions
its quite sad bro

1 Like

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Janeify(f): 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2014
This building looks like the imaginary image i created when reading "the fourth world"by ifeoma okoye_ embarassed

This actually, is the fourth world.they loot and share our money,waste our natural resources and leave 'us'in the fourth world

1 Like

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by chux76(m): 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
1st I don't believe the rent (144K) and secondly,before you even pay for an apartment in Lagos or anywhere in the country, you first inspect the place. So how come the tenant in the article claims ignorance of what he was paying for?
With 144k you can get a good decent one room apartment in Lagos with change sef.
Abeg..I don't believe this story jare!!
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by jahbiz: 1:30pm On Dec 13, 2014
Wow!!! But b4 I could finish reading all of this BuHari would have becom the President.

Who even pay 4 a rent without inspect the room in this generation and Lag for that matter.

I would rather trust devil for heaven than trust these agents.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by iliasaa(m): 1:31pm On Dec 13, 2014
Bantino:
This is Lagos!!!

Only 10% who commented here read the Op's post
Bros 10% too much. who go get tym read the story. I sure say up to 5% finished the whole story.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by marcjoe(m): 1:32pm On Dec 13, 2014
Nawa oh... .this is a real jungle..

Predict correctly the match between
MANCHESTER UNITED VS LIVERPOOL
and win free 500mb etisalat dataplan.
Remember, you don’t have anything to lose at all but something to lose by simply not doing anything.
Visit HERE to predict
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 13, 2014
chux76:
1st I don't believe the rent (144K) and secondly,before you even pay for an apartment in Lagos or anywhere in the country, you first inspect the place. So how come the tenant in the article claims ignorance of what he was paying for?
With 144k you can get a good decent one room apartment in Lagos with change sef.
Abeg..I don't believe this story jare!!
so i do. am finding it hard to believe this jagbajantis story of lies.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by 9jatatafo(m): 1:38pm On Dec 13, 2014
Eko la wa ni oooo!
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by kingthreat(m): 1:39pm On Dec 13, 2014
Many Yoruba landlords think that because they own houses, they are gods. Like the one of this terrible house. Imagine the nuance calling himself a philantropist. The Lagos real estate situation is getting off the reach of the middle-class who are forced to bear with trash in the name of accomodation. Lagos state government really needs to pull that house down. It is too abusive to remain.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by GodofGrace(m): 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
oh my goodness and some people are living inside that house, but to be sincere with my self I can't live in that place for just because I can't die before my time. hope government arrest this wicked landlord imagine him saying he was helping Nigerians by collecting #6000 per month

1 Like

Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 13, 2014
Like I've said before, yes the government is corrupt to the core but the average Nigerian is actually worse and is the core of our issues.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by kullozone(m): 1:47pm On Dec 13, 2014
people dey suffer oh

the story tek style long sha
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Infomizer(m): 1:52pm On Dec 13, 2014
This is worse than Kirikiri Maximum Prisons o!!
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Edusouls(m): 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2014
i call this house, the spooky agboa mansion
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Dekingmoses(m): 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2014
Prince0500:
What a world we are living in!!

bro ori e gbono ni na only you be copper
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by dre11(m): 1:56pm On Dec 13, 2014
kehinde5:
its quite sad bro

True story bros.
When one of man basic needs aren't meant.... He finds a other avenue to make it happen
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 13, 2014
dre11:

True story bros.
When one of man basic needs aren't meant.... He finds a other avenue to make it happen
sure man
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by GboyegaD(m): 2:01pm On Dec 13, 2014
Is it that people pay before they go see this house?
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by bedfordng(m): 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2014
if a room is as expensive like this, then what will be the cost for room and palour .man must survice sha
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Omotaday(m): 2:04pm On Dec 13, 2014
technophile:
Lagos is a glorified shithole! No light, no water, overcrowding, overheating, an average air in Lagos contains 0.2% Oxygen, the rest have been polluted with generator's exhaust, body odour, mouth odour... in short, Lagos is one of the branch office of hell on earth.
only poor generation set of ppl like u will be saying this,bcoz u live under the bridge. u better go back to ur village or u go meet fashola to deport u freely.
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by Sezua(m): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2014
orobs93:

U still dey book space for second page...na wa 4 u oh
no vex boss....na slow network cause am
Re: A Jungle In The City: Story Of A 500-room House Where Tenants Live As Prisoners by udysweet(f): 2:35pm On Dec 13, 2014
This story has appeared yeears back in news line or one of nta stuff. I guess d man wields a lot of power hence they hvnt closed dwn d place yet. Na accomodation prob dey let person go reciv al dis . Mak God help us o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much It Will Cost Me To Build 3 Bedroom / Reconstruction Diary Of A 5 Bedroom Bungalow In Ajah (the Face Lift) / 5 Reasons Surulere Is The Best Place To Live In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.