Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt (24070 Views)

Which Is The Tallest Building In Lagos? / Burning Building In Warri Today (Photos) / Checkout The First Storey Building In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by abdulwastecx(m): 11:20pm On May 17, 2015
fixing of concrete facial

Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by abdulwastecx(m): 11:22pm On May 17, 2015
more roofing work

Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by abdulwastecx(m): 11:23pm On May 17, 2015
plastering work

Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by UnknownT: 10:22pm On May 23, 2015
abdulwastecx:
more structural drawings
Pls, which software do you use for this structural design?
Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by UnknownT: 10:31pm On May 23, 2015
abdulwastecx:
DPC:

the mix ratio = 1:2:4 (one bag of cement/ four head pan of sharp sand/ eight head pan of 3/4 gravel)
Area of DPC = 154m2
thickness of concrete =150mm (6'')
Volume of concrete = ( 154 x 0.15 x 1.25) = 30m3 (approx.)

number of bags of cement = (30 x 1/7 x 1506/50) = 130 bags of cement
140bags of cement for the DPC.

in the actual casting, 136bags of cement was used
Sorry for dragging you back, in that volume of concrete calculation, that 1.25 is from what?
Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by abdulwastecx(m): 10:40pm On May 23, 2015
UnknownT:
Sorry for dragging you back, in that volume of concrete calculation, that 1.25 is from what?

1.25 means increase of 25% in volume to cater for wastage and shrinkage
Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 25, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Please can you explain to me the difference between Pre-cast Parapet and Concrete Parapet
Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by mufutau55(m): 4:03pm On May 25, 2015
allen0000:

Please can you explain to me the difference between Pre-cast Parapet and Concrete Parapet

This guy was on the Whatsapp with me for almost an hour yesterday, giving me private lectures with photos and cost saving tips and how precast is made and pro and cons of precast or concrete parapets (insitu)..
I am very impressed. Sorry, I won't be able to explain like this Oga himself.

Hajji M.
Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 25, 2015
mufutau55:

This guy was on the Whatsapp with me for almost an hour yesterday, giving me private lectures with photos and cost saving tips and how precast is made and pro and cons of precast or concrete parapets (insitu)..
I am very impressed. Sorry, I won't be able to explain like this Oga himself.

Hajji M.

Please can u share what u know about pre cast and concrete cos am confused on which one to choose
Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by mufutau55(m): 8:58pm On May 25, 2015
allen0000:

Please can u share what u know about pre cast and concrete cos am confused on which one to choose

In summary:

Precast Parapet cost less and well finished. It will be casted or moulded on ground and hung on the last block of the building with cement to bond..
Look at the top of this page, you will see pictures of Abdulwastecx guys hanging a precasted parapet to be bonded together on top of the building.

Concrete or Insitu Parapet... Is casted live on the top of the blocks with lots of formwork with woods built to the style you want..
It will be casted like you are doing decking.. it will be well bonded to the building (better bonded than the precast), it will
be finished when the formworks are removed. Lots of concrete will need to be poured and lots of iron works.
Cost about twice than the precast.

Look thru Spyder's thread and you will see lots of normal concrete parapets... you can also find some precast parapets in Segcymoor's thread.
If you have Whatsapp I can send you some pics of precast as was sent to me.. send me you number thru private mail.

As said before, I cannot explain it better like Abdulwastecx himself and I am sure he will see this discussions and chime in.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by briliantsak(m): 11:44pm On May 25, 2015
Qs reporting for duty... Impressive
Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:51pm On May 25, 2015
mufutau55:

In summary:

Precast Parapet cost less and well finished. It will be casted or moulded on ground and hung on the last block of the building with cement to bond..
Look at the top of this page, you will see pictures of Abdulwastecx guys hanging a precasted parapet to be bonded together on top of the building.

Concrete or Insitu Parapet... Is casted live on the top of the blocks with lots of formwork with woods built to the style you want..
It will be casted like you are doing decking.. it will be well bonded to the building (better bonded than the precast), it will
be finished when the formworks are removed. Lots of concrete will need to be poured and lots of iron works.
Cost about twice than the precast.

Look thru Spyder's thread and you will see lots of normal concrete parapets... you can also find some precast parapets in Segcymoor's thread.
If you have Whatsapp I can send you some pics of precast as was sent to me.. send me you number thru private mail.

As said before, I cannot explain it better like Abdulwastecx himself and I am sure he will see this discussions and chime in.

Hajji M.

Thank you very much and God bless
Re: A Propossed Six Bedrooms Duplex Building In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 3:13am On May 29, 2015
abdulwastecx:

Can I have the contact of this Parapet guys and can you help me with the cost of concrete Parapet.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Collapsed 21-Storey Building Got Approval - Lagos Government Backtracks / How Can I Stop A Block Industry Behind My House? / Hotel Building Under Construction Collapses In Delta State. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.