Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,742 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. (37225 Views)

2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Lazy Jobless Guys Complaining About The Government,you Need To See This(pics) / You Are Still Unemployed And Its Almost March (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2014
rationalmind:
Those are not my words but the words of my boss.

What do you think?
your boss must be a wise man

3 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 4:38pm On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Go and sell pure water and akara I did not stop you!

STOP DISCOURAGING PEOPLE WITH YOUR MENTALITY, YOU HAVE A PROUD MENTALITY, LET PEOPLE HUMBLE THEMSELVES AND MAKE MONEY, I HAVE SOLD OKRIKA BEFORE, SO ITS NO BIG DEAL, I HAVE PASSED THAT STAGE AND I GUESS YOUR NOT MORE EDUCATED OR MORE TRAVELLED THAN ME

IF SELLING AKARA WILL GIVE ME MILLIONS I WILL DO THAT, PROFFESSIONAL JOB PERSON, HOW MANY MILLIONS DO YOU HAVE WITH YOUR PROFFESSION JOB THING

I JUST CANT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE ARE SO CONFUSED WITH AN ORDINARY PAPER CERTIFICATE, ABI NA ONLY GO UNIVERSITY, PEOPLE WAY GET FIRST CLASS DEY STREET DEY HUTSLE YOU COME DEY SAY PROFESSIONAL

BRO GO SIT DOWN JOOR

8 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 5:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
tonychristopher:

STOP DISCOURAGING PEOPLE WITH YOUR MENTALITY, YOU HAVE A PROUD MENTALITY, LET PEOPLE HUMBLE THEMSELVES AND MAKE MONEY, I HAVE SOLD OKRIKA BEFORE, SO ITS NO BIG DEAL, I HAVE PASSED THAT STAGE AND I GUESS YOUR NOT MORE EDUCATED OR MORE TRAVELLED THAN ME

IF SELLING AKARA WILL GIVE ME MILLIONS I WILL DO THAT, PROFFESSIONAL JOB PERSON, HOW MANY MILLIONS DO YOU HAVE WITH YOUR PROFFESSION JOB THING

I JUST CANT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE ARE SO CONFUSED WITH AN ORDINARY PAPER CERTIFICATE, ABI NA ONLY GO UNIVERSITY, PEOPLE WAY GET FIRST CLASS DEY STREET DEY HUTSLE YOU COME DEY SAY PROFESSIONAL

BRO GO SIT DOWN JOOR
Like I stated before, money is not everything! You claim to be well travelled, you don't reason like someone who is. However, you can go sell ur ankara, I am not stopping you.

6 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Like I stated before, money is not everything! You claim to be well travelled, you don't reason like someone who is. However, you can go sell ur ankara, I am not stopping you.

DUDE I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE, MONEY ANSWERETH EVERYTHING,IF YOU ENJOY WHAT YOU DO,MONEY WILL COME NATURALLY

SO APART FROM GOD, WHAT IS EVERYTHING APART FROM MONEY?

PHILOSOPHER ANSWER ME
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 5:27pm On Dec 16, 2014
tonychristopher:

DUDE I HAVE SAID IT BEFORE, MONEY ANSWERETH EVERYTHING,IF YOU ENJOY WHAT YOU DO,MONEY WILL COME NATURALLY

SO APART FROM GOD, WHAT IS EVERYTHING APART FROM MONEY?

PHILOSOPHER ANSWER ME
Then you shouldn't have gone to school, you should have been selling ur ankara since it brings you money which in your philosophy equals happiness.

3 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by joseph1832(m): 6:57pm On Dec 16, 2014
rationalmind:

What do you think?
Your boss is a certified morbid mofo! I bet he's one of those bosses who owe his employees salary.

#NoOffense

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by tonychristopher: 7:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Then you shouldn't have gone to school, you should have been selling ur ankara since it brings you money which in your philosophy equals happiness.

I Have Never Said That Education Ain't Good. It Opens Up The Thinking Faculty. But We Shouldn't Depend On PaperCertificate ToSee Us Through

That's My Submission

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by greengem(f): 8:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
rationalmind:

Let me help you with more

Or maybe work as a factory worker, or perhaps, hawk gala on the streets of lagos. Maybe go to learn tailoring or barbing after spending years in school.

Yes, there are many extremes you can cite. But there are several other things (though not the best) better than the ones listed up there and the likes.

As an example, how about the installation of DSTV dishes? The installation of a single view dstv costs 5000 naira. Ooh, yes, I know, it's small money but I want you to consider the fact that we have hotels and organisations where at least 20 decoders are used. Do the maths. Wait, I'm yet to tell you you'll get at least half of your profit buying materials?

Yes, it's not easy getting those contracts, getting them is not meant for the lazy which of course, proves his point.

Yes, it's a job not befitting a masters degree holder but the immediate question that comes to mind is, is staying at home all day long better?

N.B: I just used DSTV installation as an example, there are several other things that can be done.
how abt wen u dnt av d money to learn d trade or skills
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 16, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]ok

2 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by alakaloko(m): 8:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Where is Lagos?
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
nnamdiosu:

I can't actually believe you guys. you guys mean to tell me that its only hard working people that get jobs? its just like you saying that only intelligent people pass exams in schools. for Gods sake having a job in Nigeria is strictly by the grace of God. you think Becos you passed a job interview or you successfully put up a business plan and it worked out ur a genius? also Mr labourer do you know how many labourers like you had an accident during work, became handicapped and couldn't work again? op tell ur boss not not judge people. the battle is not to the strong or the swift. its just time and chance that happens to we all.
...hmmmm....it's just time and chance that happens to we all...
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Anazp: 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
tonychristopher:

It has to do with focus and God ..but know that bible said that show me a man who is diligent in anything he does he will feed in front of kings

There are jobs in Lagos just that people are too proud

Have you asked yourself why immigrants in Lagos make it faster than those born in Lagos

Those born in Lagos has fall back position. There parents are here and they have free foods and accommodation

But immigrant doesn't have these stuffs so they have yo survive and do any type of job thereby developing their skills

Do the research
.I hate working for people ...I am wasting doing that

Lord let my plan work out

Have so many business to make money in Lagos
and who told u that the migrants u talking about dont have their uncles and aunties to stay with?
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by peculiarabacus(m): 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
like I do say:::::that's true oooo my guy

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by adonis89(m): 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
tru talk. d youth shuld sit down there and blame GEJ.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Moral of this story is

If you are unemployed, go to Lagos and get a job.

If you cannot raise the bus fare, you can always trek. undecided

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by acidtalk: 8:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:

Without mincing words, you are the one that sound unexposed and one with a worthless over sized ego

@tony, is absolutely correct. It is either you know the truth and just hiding it or you are confused.

Why are you doing 3D design in probably your room which equally serve as your office. Why not go and pick up a job in Insight Communications, DDB and other big firms?

This is the reason why most illiterates end up being far richer than the so called "well read" individuals.

A situation where a professor is a tenant to a woman who has sold akara by the road side all her life and have used her earning to train her children through the university.

Guy, I know businesses one can do and make at least N100,000 in a month without having a university certificate. Companies and even rich individuals will be begging for your service.

Someone mentioned installing DSTV and you shut him down. Just yesterday (MONDAY) a guy came as early as 8am to just reconnect my dstv cable in my room as it wasn't picking signal from the living room. I paid this guy N3,000 for less than a 10mins job. Guess what? While at my place he got 2 other calls from clients to come over to fix one thing or the other. Lets assume he made a total of N7,000 yesterday, even if he doesn't make any other thing till next week, give or take at the end of the month, this same guy you are laughing at because of the nature of his job is making at least N28,000/ month which of course I know is way more than that.

Is he not better than those who just sit at home and eat free food and even beg for as little as N100 to recharge their phone?

ONLY Humility, Patience, Perseverance, and Prayers can take one to the LAND OF SUCCESS. Get off your high "stagnant" horse and face reality.

Check my topics. I have several topics that will be of help for aspiring entrepreneurs and those who are ready to have that breakthrough.

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by judedwriter(m): 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2014
dridowu:
Yep, true just that most people are under-employed
Under employment is a survival strategy; many graduates drive keke marwa, work in factories, work as security etc. becos they r forced to. Half bread is beta dan notin.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Tosinville(m): 9:00pm On Dec 16, 2014
Your boss is crazy, senseless and a swallow minded fellow, just because he was opportune to be in that position means everybody in lagos will have a job or good job like him? He didn't even think about lagos population first before he spit this sh1t out? Ppl like him will think those that ar hawking in a traffic ar working also or we go still call that laziness again? Something he never pray for his children.... Your boss is a chump, yes you can tell him I said it lol.

4 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Bifwoli: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
If I'm in Lagos and doing nothing it doesn't mean I'm lazy, it means I'm highly motivated at saving energy.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Pidivine: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Why will someone go to school, spend 6 years burn candle and do sleepless nights all to end up installing DSTV for people? Does that make sense to you? Instead why not cut our that years and stress of the uni and go directly to installing DSTV, at least you have some years head start.

It's not all about the money! There's something called job satisfaction.
May laziness not kill you. With Satellite Installation I Was Able To Pay My Rent And Write My ICAN exam. One Of D Persons I Installed Dish For, Connected Me To Where I'm Working 2day As The Head Of Account.

13 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2014
is ur boss BOSS HUGO BOSS?
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Alarib(m): 9:12pm On Dec 16, 2014
rationalmind:

Let me help you with more

Or maybe work as a factory worker, or perhaps, hawk gala on the streets of lagos. Maybe go to learn tailoring or barbing after spending years in school.

Yes, there are many extremes you can cite. But there are several other things (though not the best) better than the ones listed up there and the likes.

As an example, how about the installation of DSTV dishes? The installation of a single view dstv costs 5000 naira. Ooh, yes, I know, it's small money but I want you to consider the fact that we have hotels and organisations where at least 20 decoders are used. Do the maths. Wait, I'm yet to tell you you'll get at least half of your profit buying materials?

Yes, it's not easy getting those contracts, getting them is not meant for the lazy which of course, proves his point.

Yes, it's a job not befitting a masters degree holder but the immediate question that comes to mind is, is staying at home all day long better?

N.B: I just used DSTV installation as an example, there are several other things that can be done.

Thank you for this reply....I think most people just don't recognise opportunity....its always there...in various forms.....imagine if you sold pure water to the thousands of people that wrote the last immigration test in a single center.......just imagine...

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by lonelydora: 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
It is not of he that runneth nor he that willeth but of God that showeth mercy. You boss is right on one hand and wrong on the other hand.

1 Like

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by samyale(m): 9:14pm On Dec 16, 2014
Just lyk d same thinz a minister said " nigerian graduate are nt employable"

So, y den did we go 2 schl?

It z so sad dat most graduate ave change dir line of course 2 diFf thinz lyk engineering graduate working in bank or graduate working as primary schl teacher....

I will agree with ur boss cos dir r many opportunity here lyk diff schools buh generally dir z no jobz or lucky money in lagos o
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by XketchDesigns(m): 9:17pm On Dec 16, 2014
acidtalk:

Without mincing words, you are the one that sound unexposed and one with a worthless over sized ego

@tony, is absolutely correct. It is either you know the truth and just hiding it or you are confused.

Why are you doing 3D design in probably your room which equally serve as your office. Why not go and pick up a job in Insight Communications, DDB and other big firms?

This is the reason why most illiterates end up being far richer than the so called "well read" individuals.

A situation where a professor is a tenant to a woman who has sold akara by the road side all her life and have used her earning to train her children through the university.

Guy, I know businesses one can do and make at least N100,000 in a month without having a university certificate. Companies and even rich individuals will be begging for your service.

Someone mentioned installing DSTV and you shut him down. Just yesterday (MONDAY) a guy came as early as 8am to just reconnect my dstv cable in my room as it wasn't picking signal from the living room. I paid this guy N3,000 for less than a 10mins job. Guess what? While at my place he got 2 other calls from clients to come over to fix one thing or the other. Lets assume he made a total of N7,000 yesterday, even if he doesn't make any other thing till next week, give or take at the end of the month, this same guy you are laughing out because of the nature of his job is making at least N28,000/ month which of course I know is way more than that.

Is he not better than those who just sit at home and eat free food and even beg for as little as N100 to recharge their phone?

ONLY Humility, Patience, Perseverance, and Prayers can take one to the LAND OF SUCCESS. Get off your high "stagnant" horse and face reality.

Check my topics. I have a several topics that will be of help for aspiring entrepreneurs and those who are ready to have that breakthrough.
I do 3d design cz that's in the line of what I studied in sko. It's what i have passion for. I went to school knowing what I want to achieve and what I want out of life, not just going to sko because I wanted a certificate!

My question is why go to school to study microbiology and end up selling ankara? If you truly wanted to do business, why not go into business management or something and be more sophisticated with your offerings rather than doing the same thing someone with primary school certificate is doing?? What is the use of the education?? It only shows lack of planning and not knowing what you want in life, taking chances and hoping to hit gold rather than having a laid out plan to achieving your goal.

If you want to sell akara, go to catering school and learn catering and be a professional at that. Map out ur plans to serve presidents.

So in this line u can start small, even on the street. This is reasonable. But why study medicine and then sell akara and pure water! That's wasted time, resources and effort on the education.

6 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by M4gunners: 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ibadannimowa:
make i dey use my Msc.sell pure water on d streets?

Did your boss think of how capital is a big requirement for any kind of start up?

or maybe sell pure water and use ur savings to start whareva u were trained to do at school
How much u save during your service (NYSC)? because some guys hia in nairaland save more than 280,000.Now that's a huge amount to start a business.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Lilimax(f): 9:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
braine:
Someone please tell me where I can get guns.. Lagos is sure a good place to find something doing in robbing.. I'll probably start with your boss. Give me his details too.
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Lilimax(f): 9:31pm On Dec 16, 2014
XketchDesigns:
Why will someone go to school, spend 6 years burn candle and do sleepless nights all to end up installing DSTV for people? Does that make sense to you? Instead why not cut our that years and stress of the uni and go directly to installing DSTV, at least you have some years head start.

It's not all about the money! There's something called job satisfaction.
He used DSTV installation as an example. Instead of staying idle and becoming a pest or burden on your people around you, go learn a trade; you never know if that's what you'll end up doing after your retirement from a white collar job. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by fidzy(m): 9:34pm On Dec 16, 2014
100Cents:

Diiick Head.
....an Diick head?, bros no de fall hand na
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by irishCream: 9:37pm On Dec 16, 2014
nnamdiosu:

I can't actually believe you guys. you guys mean to tell me that its only hard working people that get jobs? its just like you saying that only intelligent people pass exams in schools. for Gods sake having a job in Nigeria is strictly by the grace of God. you think Becos you passed a job interview or you successfully put up a business plan and it worked out ur a genius? also Mr labourer do you know how many labourers like you had an accident during work, became handicapped and couldn't work again? op tell ur boss not not judge people. the battle is not to the strong or the swift. its just time and chance that happens to we all.

I'm in love with you via ur post... kiss

I work in a private firm where ones services is needed Monday to Sunday but salary token
Some days I wake up and feel like quiting but then I remember half bread is better than none.

And the few that loot funds and enrich themselves will wake up to abuse Nigerian youths angry angry

4 Likes

Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Simonet: 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
rationalmind:

What do you think?

Your Boss is judgemental. There is no sure way of becoming rich!

If there was, everybody would troop there!

Just because he is there he should not think it is by his power!

The hardest workers are labourers. How many of them break even?! lipsrsealed
Re: If You're In Lagos, Unemployed And You Have Nothing Doing, Then You're Lazy. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Dec 16, 2014
Story for the gods. Who your boss help?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal Civil Service Commission List Is Out! / Prisons Recruitment: NPS Speaks On List Of Successful Candidates / Cadbury Nigeria Plc Recruiting For Graduate Trainees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.