Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,134 members, 7,957,244 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:46 AM

Why I Defected To APC – Umana - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why I Defected To APC – Umana (386 Views)

Why I Prefer Romanceland / At Last, Oyinlola Defects To APC / Has Umana Umana (akwa Ibom SSG) Been Kicked Out Of Office? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Defected To APC – Umana by Fertilenigeria: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2014
All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom State, Umana Okon Umana, yesterday said that he left the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) because the party lacks internal democracy and its culture of impunity.
Umana, who briefed newsmen in Uyo, stated that with the influx of new members from PDP into the APC, the party has overtaken the PDP in the state and is now the biggest.

He revealed that the party would contest for all elective positions with a view to winning them and urged the electorate in the three senatorial districts to go and collect their Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs), saying that is the only weapon required by them to bring about the desired change in the state.

He also congratulated Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (rtd) on his emergence as the presidential candidate of the APC, saying the people need his wealth of experience in order to move the country forward.

“For those of us in the APC, the time for change has come and we believe that we must put an end to the culture of impunity that we are witnessing today in Akwa Ibom; the fact that government is run as a family enterprise, we must put an end to poverty, we must put an end to the very unfortunate situation where the people of Akwa Ibom State can no longer be respected by the rest of Nigerians”, he said.

While calling on the electorate to vote for APC candidates at all levels; he House of Assembly, house of reps, senate, and of course, the governorship and the presidency, Umana said the party has fashioned out life changing programmes for the electorate.

His words: “In terms of the programmes we have for our people, creation of jobs, wealth, empowerment, and industrialisation, development in agriculture, science and technology. In other words, we will ensure that change will come which will affect all facets of the lives of our people.

“So, I want to say that we are ready to take our message to the people of Akwa Ibom State, this message of change, this message of hope. We know that our people are very despondent, but we thank God that today they have an alternative in the APC, because APC will change things and will make a difference.

“We are happy that we have a new platform which is anchored on the tenet of democratic principles which embraces all who are eligible to contest for any position”.

[b]Source: [/b]http://nigeriannewstoday.com/2014/12/14/why-i-defected-to-apc-umana/

(1) (Reply)

7 Types Of People You Find On NL / Who Is More Social / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.