Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,136 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:32 AM

Sharing Music May Be Dangerous Explained - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Sharing Music May Be Dangerous Explained (644 Views)

I Need Correction On My Inverter Connection As Explained / Top 10 World’s Most Dangerous Guns / Internet Key Sharing(iks)through Cell Phone Network For DSTV Free In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sharing Music May Be Dangerous Explained by SENservice(m): 5:24am On Dec 06, 2008
Compiled By - Yusuff A. Z

I am glad to find you at home. I am sharing with my neighbours an encouraging article from Fairhaveninc.(dot)com.

Have you ever wondered why theres a very badside of Downloading Music?

Peer-to-Peer (P2P) programs are fairly popular in Nigeria. Businesses such as Downloading cafe, BitTorrent and eMule make it easy for people to find what music they want and share what music they have.

Sharing Music May Be Dangerous Explained,

So you want D Banj's new album or perhaps you're looking for a sweet romantic song for playing on your phone, ipod, Mp3, players, hard drives, 1000gig so so, for christmas. For many people it is as simple as going to Ikeja or the nearest downloading cafe,or opening BitTorrent or eMule, selecting the tracks, downloading, and then transferring to your iPod or burning to a CD.

The idea of sharing music seems benign enough. If I have some music you want and you have some music I want, why shouldn't we share? For one thing, sharing music on your computer or your ipod, with unknown users on the street or on the Internet goes against many of the basic principles of securing your computer. You must have a firewall, either built into your router or using personal firewall software.

However, in order to share music on your computer and access music on other computers within a P2P network such as Download cafes and BitTorrent.com, you must open a specific TCP port through the firewall for the P2P software to communicate. In effect, once you open the port you are no longer protected from your firewall.

Another security concern is that when you download music from from Downloading cafe or other peers on the BitTorrent , eMule, or other P2P network, you don't know for sure that the file is what it says it is. You might think, on you own that hey, you are downloading D Banj's "No Long Thin", but when you double-click the file how can you be sure that you haven't also installed a Trojan or backdoor in your computer or your favourite Mp3 player allowing an attacker to access it at will?

See what i mean now?
The more important thing you have to know about sharing music is sharing unauthorized music files on the Street or on the Internet is illegal.

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act deems copying of copyrighted music (with the exception of making a copy for your own use) as illegal. The Code protects copyright owners from the unauthorized reproduction, adaptation or distribution of sound recordings, as well as certain digital performances to the public.

In more general terms, it is considered legal for you to purchase a music CD and record (rip) it to MP3 files for your own use. Uploading these files via peer-to-peer networks would constitute a breach of the law.

So, with all of that in mind, sharing music is dangerous. You need a safe and legitimate method to search and download the music you want.

Email me NOW for a very good Downloader that is not a Peer-to-Peer program. You're not sharing music with others and what you download are 100% safe MP3 files. It's 100% Legal.

There are large numbers of Free Legal Music Sources on the Internet. A MP3 Downloader can help you find them more easily by searching the public video and audio websites, such as YouTube, Yahoo!, etc.

I'd like you to come in and have a sample of our other recipe(s).
Examples at Fairhaveninc.(dot)com

We'd love you to come in and evaluate and suggest how we could improve on it.
Fairhaveninc.(dot)com

Ednut.

Big Thank you goes out to all our Contributors.

(1) (Reply)

Time To Take Energy Efficiency Serious / Blackberry 8100 For Sale / In Dire Need Of Nokia 3250

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.