Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Why? Musicians Do Not Have Their Music In A Digital Format. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Why? Musicians Do Not Have Their Music In A Digital Format. (819 Views)

Nigerian Music In The Good Old Days / By Emperortj93===> How Many "Ghanian" Musicians Do U Know By Their Names? / Do Nigerian Radio Stations Pay Musicians to Play Their Music? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why? Musicians Do Not Have Their Music In A Digital Format. by SENservice(m): 5:34am On Dec 06, 2008
Compiled By - Yusuff A Z.

We are making just a brief visit on our neighbours today. Some people to whom we talk have confidence in Fairhaveninc.(dot)com Others find it difficult to believe in .

How do you feel ?

Fairhaveninc..com encourages us to consider the significance of Musicians that do not have their music in a digital format. The one whose laws govern these digital format has provided valuable direction for us.

As I receive emails from many different musicians, I tend to get about 35%-45% that do not know, or do not have their music in a digital format. This is a major problem!

You might think having a CD and sending it out to the stations is the best way, but it really isn't. First off your wasting waaay to much money for postage, the CD, and any other costs involved in that process. If you have your music on your computer, you have many advantages.

Not only can you send your music faster, but you also keep it in great condition. Meaning a computer file will not get damaged or scratched, however your CD you can lose, scratch, or damage.

Now having CDs is a good thing to sell to people, or give them as promotional material, but you should also have them in digital format. The way to do this is to RIP the CD onto your computer. There are many different programs to use to do this, the easiest one for everyone to use is Windows Media Player.

This will probably be already installed onto your computer if you have Windows, which I figure 85%-90% of you do. If you don't have it download it. Its free so don't worry about it.

Once you have installed it, you want to insert your CD, and then go to the RIP tab, which will show your CDs information. Now it won't have your information, so change it right there before you RIP the CD. All you need to do is click once and it should go into EDIT Mode. The text will be highlighted and you just change the information.

TIP: Go to Tools, Options, and Rip Music tab. You should rip your music to at least 128kps bitrate (lower quality) or what I recommend is 320kps bitrate. The higher the bitrate the better the quality, so you might as well go to 320kps and use MP3 format, however burning WMA files wouldn't hurt as well.

After putting the correct information in you will click RIP MUSIC button, at the upper right hand corner, below the Music Tab. It will take about 10-20 minutes depending on how many tracks and what quality you want to RIP at.

TIP: Go to Tools, Options, and Rip Music tab. Above the bitrate and audio file format, you'll see RIP Music Folder. This is where once the CD Ripping is complete will go, so make note so you can find your music.

That is pretty much it! Just rename your music files to Artists Name - Song title.(mp3, wma, or wav), doing so will result in a better and more professional looking song file!

Hope this helps many unsigned musicians, if you need more information or help please reply in this thread. And I will try to help you.

I'd like you to come in and have a sample of our other recipe(s).
Examples at Fairhaveninc.(dot)com

We'd love you to come in and evaluate and suggest how we could improve on it.
Fairhaveninc.(dot)com

Ednut.

Big Thank you goes out to all our Contributors.

(1) (Reply)

Ibiyemi / Promode - Modenine Ft. Proverb / Alexandra Burke _vs Brandy Norwood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.