Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

S. Korea Invests KRW350 billion (US$235.9 million) In Game Industry - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / S. Korea Invests KRW350 billion (US$235.9 million) In Game Industry (781 Views)

7.9 Million Subscribers Are Now On Playstation Plus / First In-game Pes 2010 Screenshot Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

S. Korea Invests KRW350 billion (US$235.9 million) In Game Industry by vowiski(m): 6:02am On Dec 06, 2008
The S. Korean government would like to invest in their country's future, and in a very big way.

Apparently they have taken notice of just how profitable the video game industry has become. In spite of the current financial strains the industry is facing, along with everyone else, the Korean government is determined to have a go at it.

They plan to invest KRW350 billion (US$235.9 million) in the computer gaming industry until 2012.

Korea's goal is to become the biggest gaming industry up there with the US., Japan and Europe.

To say that these are lofty goals is an understatement, considering they have some major catching up to do in order to rank with the US., Japan and Europe.

Grand Theft Auto IV alone, took in $500 million in sales during opening week. And how many games have been released since the advent of video games?

Good luck, Korea. We wish you all the best.

link?

With leaders that think why won't they have a good economy.
attaining a rank amongst the 1st 20 economy by 2020 is just not words.
that's what i am talking about.

(1) (Reply)

Hackers Target Xbox Live Players / CTL Africa Recharge Card For Sale / Pls I'm Having An Issue With My Nba 2k19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.