Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. (2755 Views)

Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! / 30 Most Misspelt Words; Which One Are You Guilty Of ? / Brain Test: If Ur Smart Answer This, I Know 80% Will Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Nobody: 1:05am On Dec 15, 2014
It's very funny now that I think about it, I spent years as a child thinking the "post no bills" I saw on walls of companies and factories meant; "do not post Nepa bill" cheesy

I was always wondering if they didn't pay for power consumption.

It wasn't too long ago I actually found out it meant hand bills and posters.

Be honest, when did u find out the true meaning of the sign?

2 Likes

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by herald9: 1:11am On Dec 15, 2014
Lolz

I though it meant Post,No bills ie you should post that you won't be chargedcheesy

3 Likes

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Tapout(m): 1:12am On Dec 15, 2014
it took me like a minute to know what it meant...
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 15, 2014
Tapout:
it took me like a minute to know what it meant...
then you must have left the village for the city when u were all grown and sensible. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by naijaboiy: 1:25am On Dec 15, 2014
It didn't really take me much time smiley
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by enoqueen: 1:32am On Dec 15, 2014
I grew up knowing the meaning so I really can't say when.
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by belamour(m): 1:34am On Dec 15, 2014
Werin Concern me with Post No Bill...

NAIRALANDERS I BOW grin

1 Like

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Clinton594(m): 1:42am On Dec 15, 2014
hahahahaha when I was young I thought it was an incomplete phrase. Always overlooked it with the mindset that these guys can't even publicly paste a correct inscription.
Not until I started seeing it randomly often that I started connecting the dots and I finally figured it out. took me yrs Shaaa,

Another one was GOD FEARING PEOPLE. I was like WTF! how could God be fearing people..... Men life was fun as a kid

2 Likes

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Nobody: 1:57am On Dec 15, 2014
belamour:
Werin Concern me with Post No Bill...

NAIRALANDERS I BOW grin
u wan dodge abi na France them born u? grin

1 Like

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by pussyeater(m): 4:16am On Dec 15, 2014
benromeo39:
u wan dodge abi na France them born u? grin
He was born in Luxemburg! A small country near Germany
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Tapout(m): 5:35am On Dec 15, 2014
benromeo39:
then you must have left the village for the city when u were all grown and sensible. cheesy

lol...I was very inquisitive as a kid, n I loved going out with my dad..Most times he just explains some stuffs even without me asking. .... cheesy
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by iamrealdeji(m): 6:17am On Dec 15, 2014
benromeo39:
It's very funny now that I think about it, I spent years as a child thinking the "post no bills" I saw on walls of companies and factories meant; "do not post Nepa bill" cheesy

I was always wondering if they didn't pay for power consumption.

It wasn't too long ago I actually found out it meant hand bills and posters.

Be honest, when did u find out the true meaning of the sign?
I'm just finding out now

1 Like

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by AfricanApple(f): 7:06am On Dec 15, 2014
post no excreta embarassed
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by fattbabakay(m): 7:13am On Dec 15, 2014
Dey re more matured here in Pakistan...dey dnt post bills on walls anyhow

1 Like

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Adeoba10(m): 7:14am On Dec 15, 2014
I tot dey were talking about monkey post den..
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by zika1(f): 7:34am On Dec 15, 2014
Sotey shame dey catch me... Just found out d meaning ooo #covers face.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by stuff46(m): 8:20am On Dec 15, 2014
fattbabakay:
Dey re more matured here in Pakistan...dey dnt post bills on walls anyhow

.eti
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by 100Cents: 8:24am On Dec 15, 2014
This is a sign I never asked my parents what it meant.

It was very confusing for me as a kid till I learnt what it meant by myself.

Another one that gave me tough time was.

OWN GOODS ONLY…

Normally written on pickups and small trucks.
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by remsonik(f): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2014
Because you went to a public school Op
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2014
remsonik:
Because you went to a public school Op
Lmao, this one dey find husband, she nur wan expose her ignorance. cheesy

I'm sure you just found out or ur own is as worse as my guy up there that just said he thought it meant "monkey post". grin

Adeoba10:
I tot dey were talking about monkey post den..
na u dey use school uniform dodge go play ball that year abi? grin I see you.

1 Like

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by sagaciousblog: 11:45am On Dec 15, 2014
Apart from this, I had always wondered y it had to be ADIEU papa or mama that had to die..
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by QSheba: 11:56am On Dec 15, 2014
since primary school undecided
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2014
QSheba:
since primary school undecided
lie lie e lie lie.
shocked

1 Like

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by QSheba: 12:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
benromeo39:
lie lie e lie lie.
shocked
I was taught in social studies smiley
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by VinPeace(m): 2:21pm On Dec 15, 2014
Observing undecided
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Janeify(f): 2:26pm On Dec 15, 2014
Mine was the inscription"goods only".i would say 'so this bus carries good people and loads only'but now i know better cheesy
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Nobody: 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
Janeify:
Mine was the inscription"goods only".i would say 'so this bus carries good people and loads only'but now i know better cheesy
Lmao, this ur own is strong though.

Fynestboi, come confess ur own and please move the ministry to the front page.

1 Like

Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
like this comment if you think the OP is an olodo
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by Djicemob: 4:09pm On Dec 15, 2014
Just finding out what it means with this post,i was thinking it meant 'dont urinate' or 'dont throw dirts' or something undecided

Damnangry

grin
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by frankezi: 4:29pm On Dec 15, 2014
Dude. I can relate with you on that. It was just confusing for me as a kid I always asked all my uncles and aunties whenever I saw one like " why can't the owner of the property clearly state his mind rather than confussing readers. They would always laugh @ my silly questions. Not to talk about the God fearing stuff dat one nearly meake me change religion say men don dey fear baba :Dgrowing up was ignorant and fun. I'd live it all over again if I couldm
Clinton594:
hahahahaha when I was young I thought it was an incomplete phrase. Always overlooked it with the mindset that these guys can't even publicly paste a correct inscription.
Not until I started seeing it randomly often that I started connecting the dots and I finally figured it out. took me yrs Shaaa,

Another one was GOD FEARING PEOPLE. I was like WTF! how could God be fearing people..... Men life was fun as a kid
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by KingsleyJay(m): 5:45pm On Dec 15, 2014
Janeify:
a friend of mine once got a gurl by telling her his dad owns all the lorrys n trucks marked GOODS ONLY grin

trust an igbo gurl
she trip scatter
Re: I Know 80% Of You Were Guilty Of This. by rman: 6:07pm On Dec 15, 2014
This did not really confuse me, unlike '' Visitors cars parked at owners risk''. I always wondered why it is at daddy's risk when he parked right inside the company's premises. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Reveals Nigeria's Most Popular Universities. / ASUU: 23billion Out Of 880billion.. Strike Just Began. / Having Problem Pritning Out NOUN Admission Letter, Kindly Help Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.