Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

A Really Good Free Career Test - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Really Good Free Career Test (2374 Views)

Hurry! Customer Service Traing And Free Career Serminer For All: / I Am A Good Free-lance Journalist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Really Good Free Career Test by Seun(m): 8:28am On Sep 29, 2005
Livecareer.com offers the best free personality test I've found on the Internet. Here are some excerpts from the report I got when I first took the test:

Highest Interest Scores
Your highest score was on Administration, which means that you enjoy the financial or day-to-day operations of a business or institution, supervising the activities of others, planning work schedules, and maintaining records.

You also scored highly on Science, indicating that you enjoy working with abstract ideas, scientific equipment, and mathematical logic and reasoning to solve practical or abstract problems.

Your high score on the Assertive scale means that you prefer working situations in which it is appropriate to assert authority over others and to direct and monitor their work.

Lowest Interest Scores
Your lowest interest score was on Industrial Art. Even though you may be a creative person, you would probably be unhappy in careers that involve making or repairing things using machinery, or by hand.

You also showed low interest in Writing, so you wouldn’t be fulfilled in careers where the majority of your time was spent in creative or technical writing, such as writing advertising copy, news articles, technical manuals, etc.

Finally, your low score on Art means that you wouldn’t enjoy careers that involve performing on stage, creating visual artwork, or other means of artistic expression.

If you're an introspective person, a test like this doesn't tell you anything you don't already know. It only forces you to acknowledge the truth and run with it - by choosing only jobs that are in line with what you enjoy!  You can take the test at www.livecareer.com (100 multiple-choice questions).  You are encouraged to report your findings here, just as I have done.
Re: A Really Good Free Career Test by cushman(m): 5:07pm On Sep 29, 2005
That's really nice...i'll check it out
Re: A Really Good Free Career Test by cushman(m): 6:52pm On Sep 29, 2005
Here's my report;
Re: A Really Good Free Career Test by cushman(m): 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2005
OOoops!
Re: A Really Good Free Career Test by hotangel2(f): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2005
I was gonna ask what that was!
Re: A Really Good Free Career Test by cushman(m): 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2005
I need to go back to computer school again... tongue
Re: A Really Good Free Career Test by cennific(f): 11:27am On Apr 17, 2007
Is it free?
Re: A Really Good Free Career Test by Seun(m): 5:02pm On Aug 29, 2008
It was partly free at the time.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Guardian Newspaper Thursday October 11 2007 Job Vacancies / Independent Field Advertisers ( Ifa ) / Kpmg Recruiting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.