Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,788 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs (5123 Views)

Igbo Boys Be Like, They Tried To Drown Us But... / They Tried To Run Away From A Psychiatric Hospital / Jokes Section: Best of Funny Pictures; Post Yours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by TheRealAdonye(m): 2:33pm On Dec 15, 2014
by @King_AMaz

It all started with a Mexican proverb, “They tried to bury us, they didn’t know we were seeds.” What they didn’t know as well was that we (Nigerians) are a nation of absolutely no chill. And so in the spirit of unchill that we persistently dwell in, we took to social media to drop our own versions.

At first, I saw:-

“They tried to DROWN us. Them no know say we be GARRI. Na so we come dey rise. Dey swell.”

From then on, it was a competition to come up with the silliest variation. Just plain hilarious. Check these out.

“They tried to cut us but they didn’t know we were Onions, now they’re Crying.”

“#TheyTriedTo frustrate us, they didn’t know we are Arsenal fans.”

Ouch.

“They tried to corrupt us… But they didn’t know we were Nigerians…”

“They tried to drown us but they didn’t know we were plastic bottles. We floated to the top.”

“They tried to give use away, dey didn’t knw we are offerings. Now we are back in thousand folds.”

LMAO. And @_Ortodox said
“They tried to rap.e us. They didn’t know we were horn.y. Who is sweating now?”
That one is just plain wrong. LMAO.

“#TheyTriedTo steal our church shoes; they didn’t know we were Cele.”

The meanest one I’ve seen is by @DEMIIIGOD saying

“They tried to bomb us. But they dint know we were Shina rambo. We can’t blow.”

Why evils?! Diaris God o.

“They tried to drown us but they no know say we be detergent we come they bubble…”

“They tried to pound us. They didn’t know we are like fufu.. the harder you pound us the tougher we become.”

“They tried to grab us, them no know say we be ogbono, na so we start to dey draw ”

Like really, nigga?

And the meanness continued with
“They tried to break up with us. They didn’t know we were Taylor Swift. Oshheeyy, new album”

HAHA!

“They tried to strip us, they didn’t know we were high tension wire, naso shock catch them.”

“They tried to knack us, they didn’t know that we were akpako.”

And @peekaymila said,

“They tried to swallow us… them no know say we be JEDI JEDI.”

“They tried to dismiss us they didn’t know we were super eagles. We don already go home”

“The tried to minus us, they didnt no we were negative people so we added.”

Deep!

And another mean one. Haba guys!

“Lol they tried to copy My Dress sense, them no know say I be Kcee”

You’ve gotta love the way @_thatSlyguy put it.

“They tried to fire us, dem no know say we be clay. We con dey shine
*wait for it*
Like Terracotta!!”

“And they tried to burn us, they didn’t know we were Shadrach, Meschach and Abednego.”

[img]http://1.bp..com/-c_r_3m_R6Bo/VG3IzpSXKdI/AAAAAAABFCI/cly2muC2NGc/s1600/1.png[/img]

"They tried to lock us out, they didn't know we were APC "

Which one is your favourite? Plus, drop any you’ve seen that we haven’t included.

11 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by obiZEAL(m): 3:00pm On Dec 15, 2014
They tried to give us codien, they never knew we were mikel.

They tried to give us weed they never knew we where Terry G.

They tried to take our shoes they never knew we where GEJ.

1 Like

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by obiZEAL(m): 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2014
They tried to indict us they never knew we where JOStified.
#JOSboiz

3 Likes

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by alentyno: 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2014
APC grin grin
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by TheRealAdonye(m): 5:44pm On Dec 15, 2014
cc Ben13, dani1luv
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by tolutweety(m): 6:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
They tried to stop from me posting my comment on the first page,

They no know say 'i don book space' grin grin

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by generaldre(m): 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2014
They tried to kill us, they didn't know we were Lazarus

1 Like

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by Jamean(f): 6:59pm On Dec 15, 2014
Lool! Yaf join the association ba

tolutweety:

They tried to stop from me posting my comment on the first page,

They no know say 'i don book space' grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by tolutweety(m): 7:04pm On Dec 15, 2014
Jamean:
Lool! Yaf join the association ba

wink cheesy
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by zoeee(f): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2014
Nice smiley

I like the Taylor swift and APC part.... Hilarious grin cheesy
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by amokeme(f): 1:32am On Mar 05, 2015
hilarious indeed! so cool I loved them all cheesy
dani1luv, Ben13 this deserves front page na smiley
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by MizMyColi(f): 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2015
cheesy
cheesy
grin
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
grin
cheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

Cool stuff @TRA

How bou' tis

"They tried to cut our heads off; they didn't know we're like an hydra. "Cut one head, another 7 arises in its stead"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 05, 2015
MizMyColi:
cheesy
cheesy
grin
cheesy
cheesy
cheesy
grin
cheesy
cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy

Cool stuff @TRA

How bou' tis

"They tried to cut our heads off; they didn't know we're like an hydra. "Cut one head, another 7 arises in its stead"
mcheew its obvious dat u smoke weed
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by ednut1(m): 10:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
they tried to make us believe an old cattle rearer/ dictator will bring change grin

2 Likes

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by busky101(m): 11:29pm On Mar 05, 2015
They tried to Ban us, dem no know say we be Anna Banner... She go still d fucck flavour on code!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by adebisiema(m): 2:35am On Mar 06, 2015
they try to Bleep us dem no say we be TONTO LET
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by mcpat(m): 8:51pm On Mar 06, 2015
They tried to slap us, they didn't know we stay in ekosodin
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by Lero15(m): 9:56am On Mar 07, 2015
That Arsenal part though...sobs

they tried to kill me by tying me to a transformer.., dem don forget say we no dey get light grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by DeeCherry(f): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
mods. f.p pls
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by DeeCherry(f): 3:50pm On Mar 11, 2015
they tried to hang us, them no know say we be BOLD 2. we hang for no reason.

3 Likes

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by themejiwalker(m): 4:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
Who are the 'They' in question?..Imaginary haters i guess? angry
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by Osihgen(m): 7:47pm On Jun 01, 2015
Thet tried to naked us, dey did nt knw we were maheeda
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by Osihgen(m): 7:48pm On Jun 01, 2015
Naked
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by mastermynd(m): 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2015
Booked for future development
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by ibullem(m): 6:17am On Jun 02, 2015
. cheesy
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by busky101(m): 6:24pm On Jun 02, 2015
DeeCherry:
they tried to hang us, them no know say we be BOLD 2. we hang for no reason.
lmao
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by amokeme(f): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2015
They tried to frustrate us, they didn't know we were CU students grin

Cc feran14

2 Likes

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by Lero15(m): 6:46am On Jun 03, 2015
Cc lalasticlala undecided
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by philo3(m): 8:10am On Jun 03, 2015
the tried to stop us from sleeping.... guess what?? they ain't sleeping either
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by XtraSmooth404: 9:10am On Jun 03, 2015
ednut1:
they tried to make us believe an old cattle rearer/ dictator will bring change grin
Bros, come & edit this post o, GMB is now the President grin

1 Like

Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by ijbeauty(f): 8:49am On Jun 04, 2015
So funny.... Nice one op

saving this page for future use grin cheesy kiss grin grin grin cheesy cool
Re: The Best Of Nigeria’s’ “they Tried To….” Proverbs by Lero15(m): 5:07pm On Jun 04, 2015
ijbeauty:
So funny.... Nice one op

saving this page for future use grin cheesy kiss grin grin grin cheesy cool
undecided

And your own contribution is....? undecided

Oya talk grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jokes Section Official Kitchen / Who Say English Easy? / Funny Photo: How Nigerian Government Works

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.