Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

A Nairalander In Need Of Clarification. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Nairalander In Need Of Clarification. (434 Views)

Urgent Clarification Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander In Need Of Clarification. by Geenickel(m): 10:24am On Dec 16, 2014
I've being on this forum for a couple of months now, but there are few goings here that i don't fully understand, let's look at these:

FOLLOWING A TOPIC/THREAD.
below every new thread,the 'reply',numbered,and 'follow' option are seen.My confusion lies on the significance of following a thread/topic.
please wt does following a topic entails?

FOLLOWING A USER.
When the profile of some n.landers are viewed,below 'FILLOWING' sub. there is a galaxy of monikers(names)which i believe are nlanders too,so s there anything unique about following a user?can it be likened to follown someone on twitter?

ATTACHING SIMILES TO COMMENTS THREADS.
This problem has discouraged me from using similes wen eva i comment or post a thread.
Whenever i type a comment,and decide to attach a simile to it,my comment becomes duplicates before d simile is seen below,dunno if its cos i access nairaland tru d web and not tru d application. Please help me wt dese.

*What's the minimum number of comments dt can make a thread hit d front page?

THANKS in anticipation for your help,friends.
Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Clarification. by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
Following a thread
Worthless in my opinion. I think its only purpose is easy access to a thread you once commented on to see if someone replied you without mentioning your moniker name.

Following a user
Done if you like an occassional poster. When you choose to follow them your "followed user" tab gets full with comments they made back to their account genesis. Enable if you want to see their opinion relevance to thread ratio. You also get notifications whenever they create a new thread or post comments.

Smilies
Are they really needed? They're crap for all I care. If you have a problem with them try accessing nairaland using a pc or learning the unique codes; they're easy to learn, I suggest you jot them down.

For all I know there's no limit to comments you can make on threads (just make sure you don't troll). A lot of posters engage in e-fights and those entail a steady flow of comments; too time consuming for me to bother myself over.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander In Need Of Clarification. by Geenickel(m): 8:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
Thanks soo much,i appreciate..

(1) (Reply)

Free Online Biz Training (join Now!) / Successful SEO Strategy To Win An SEO Competitive Niche / I Need Someone With A Good Camera For Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.