Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,827 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

French International And FIFA World Cup Winner Thierry Henry Retires - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / French International And FIFA World Cup Winner Thierry Henry Retires (433 Views)

Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / Fifa Paid Ireland To Stop Legal Action Over Henry’s World Cup Handball - BBC / Cristiano Ronaldo Voted Best-ever Premier League Player - Ahead Of Thierry Henry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

French International And FIFA World Cup Winner Thierry Henry Retires by paabakp: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2014
Source: http://amebosport.com/

French international Thierry Henry has announced his retirement form football.

Henry lifted more than 35 major individual and team trophies in his playing career, including the World Cup and European Championship for France, the Champions League and La Liga with Barcelona, the Premier League and FA Cup at Arsenal, the French League at Monaco and the MLS Shield with the New York Red Bulls.

Henry won at least a trophy in all the clubs he featured, apart from Juventus, where he had a brief spell from 1998-1999 before departure to Arsenal.

He was twice winner of the European Golden boot, four times winner of the English Premier League Golden Boot, five times winner of the French Player of the Year, three-time winner of the Football Writers’ Association Footballer of the Year at Arsenal and twice winner of the PFA Players’ Player of the Year.
Henry wrote on his Facebook account:

‘After 20 years in the game I have decided to retire from professional football. It has been an incredible journey and I would like to thank all the fans, team mates and individuals involved with AS Monaco, Juventus, Arsenal FC, FC Barcelona, the New York Red Bulls and of course the French National Team that have made my time in the game so special.’

‘It is now time for a different career path and I am pleased to say that I will be returning to London and joining Sky Sports. I will hopefully share some of the insights, observations and experiences I have learnt over the years with you guys.’

‘I have had some amazing memories (mostly good!) and a wonderful experience.’

(1) (Reply)

Video: Nigerian Children Learn To Grow Up FIGHTING! / San Lorenzo… Meet Saint Ronaldo / History, Facts And Figures Ahead Of United’s Boxing Day Clash With Newcastle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.