Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Puzzle For Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Puzzle For Job Interview (1510 Views)

Puzzle For Job Interview / Who Else Recieved This Job Interview Text Message / Job Section Library For Job-Seekers: Discussion Threads, Etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Puzzle For Job Interview by gis2010: 4:54pm On Dec 16, 2014
"You are travelling down a country lane to a distant village. You reach a fork in the road and find a pair of identical twin sisters standing there.

One sister is standing on the road to village and the other standing on the road to never-land (of course, you don't know or see where each road leads).

One of the sisters always tells the truth and the other always lies (of course, you don't know who is lying).

Both sisters know where the roads go.

If you are allowed to ask only one question to each of the sisters to find the correct road to the village,

What is your question?"
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by 4oyrsExperience(m): 5:16pm On Dec 16, 2014
:oIs it not from one Push CV.com for a job at energy talent resourcing?? Guy forget it! Na SCAAAAAM.
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by point45(m): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ask one of them a question you do know the answer to (eg are you male or female?) Then ask the other which road leads where. First question to determine which sister is which, second question to the other for the direction needed
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by paranorman(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2014
Wel, according to the info, one sister always tell the truth and the other is a perfect liar. Since they are identical twins, i will ask one of the twin sisters if she is a twin.. The answer she gives me will enable me figure out the right road by askin where the road leads from the other sister...
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by Yeahreen(m): 7:29pm On Dec 16, 2014
Ya allowed to ask only one question!
paranorman:
Wel, according to the info, one sister always tell the truth and the other is a perfect liar. Since they are identical twins, i will ask one of the twin sisters if she is a twin.. The answer she gives me will enable me figure out the right road by askin where the road leads from the other sister...
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by Joe82834(m): 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2014
Yeahreen:
Ya allowed to ask only one question!
paranorman is correct. You are allowed to ask one question EACH to both sisters. Are you a twin? If she says yes then she always tells the truth. Go to the other and ask which is the right way. Whichever way she tells you is wrong since she always tell a lie. So follow the other

1 Like

Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by Joe82834(m): 7:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
Alternatively if you ask and she says no it means she always tell a lie. So meet the other and ask her the right way.
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 16, 2014
You should approach one of them and ask her "what road would your sister tell me leads to village".if she answers left then know the right road is "right" because the liar will always lie and tell you left instead of right but the truthful one will tell you what the sister would say(which is left) cause she knows the sister is a liar.Hope you understand the logic

1 Like

Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by tygrins007: 10:25pm On Dec 16, 2014
I'd ask which road leads to neverland
The lying twin would always show me the wrong way and the truthful twin will re-confirm my judgment
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by paranorman(m): 11:05pm On Dec 16, 2014
preciousberry:
You should approach one of them and ask her "what road would your sister tell me leads to village".if she answers left then know the right road is "right" because the liar will always lie and tell you left instead of right but the truthful one will tell you what the sister would say(which is left) cause she knows the sister is a liar.Hope you understand the logic

it won't work. Think carefully.
The first challenge/problem you'l have to tackle's discovering who the liar is.. Following your logic, how would you know which is the liar?! To get the liar, you'v gotta ask a question you know the answer to, lke: 'are you a girl?', " are you a twin',.... The liar will always lie, then you can figure out your way by asking the other twin.
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by paranorman(m): 11:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
tygrins007:
I'd ask which road leads to neverland
The lying twin would always show me the wrong way and the truthful twin will re-confirm my judgment

really?!

Answer this: how do you know which girl is the liar? It's not written on their fore-heads you know.
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by Nobody: 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2014
paranorman:

it won't work. Think carefully.
The first challenge/problem you'l have to tackle's discovering who the liar is.. Following your logic, how would you know which is the liar?! To get the liar, you'v gotta ask a question you know the answer to, lke: 'are you a girl?', " are you a twin',.... The liar will always lie, then you can figure out your way by asking the other twin.
you don't need to know the liar before you ask.remember it says one question.
Re: Puzzle For Job Interview by dechidon: 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
here it goes,seeing dat when it comes to money no one will try to resist.I will approach them and says whoever will b d first to guess d road dat leads to d place will win so so amount.Bliv me both d liar and co will agree this time around. Up naija we luv money.

(1) (Reply)

Kitchen Assistants And Cleaners Needed Urgently At Ikeja / Fresh Graduate Recruitment / Apply Online For Employment Opportunities At Lafarge Cement – WAPCO Nigeria Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.