Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:21 PM

President Vincent Labrune Inspires Ghana Star To Pen New Deal In France - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / President Vincent Labrune Inspires Ghana Star To Pen New Deal In France (461 Views)

Vincent Enyeama, Wife & Kids Take An After Match Photo / Vincent Enyeama , Wife And Daughter In New Lovely Photo / Enyeama Concedes Six Goals In France (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

President Vincent Labrune Inspires Ghana Star To Pen New Deal In France by paabakp: 8:13pm On Dec 16, 2014
Source: amebosport.com

It took a president of Vincent Labrune plea before Ghana International, Andre Ayew put signed one-year contract extension with Marseille to end speculations surrounding his future at the club.

The 24-year-old has had his eyes on a potential move away from Olympic Marseille at the summer and this has led to speculations that he is bound for England or Italy with clubs like Arsenal, Liverpool, and AC Milan said to be interested in his services.

However, the club President who is a huge fan of the 2010/11 Marseille Best Player of the season has called on the lad to stay with the club.
‘It’s true I have agreed a new one-year deal. President Vincent Labrune called me and asked me to stay,’ Andre Ayew told L’Equipe.

It will be good news for the fans of Olympic Marseille to see the player continue the legacy of his father, Abedi Pele, who also played for the French side.

Speaking to some reporters early in the year, Ayew said: “The club have made it clear if they receive a good offer they will listen to that, but I will not go just to please the club, I will go to a club that want to win trophies,” he said.

“But now I want to finish the season well with Marseille and qualify for the Champions League.”

Marseille are currently top of the French Ligue 1 with 38 points after 18matches this season.

(1) (Reply)

Four Things Manchester United Must Do To Box Newcastle To Silence On Boxing Day / My United Team To Face Newcastle: Di Maria And Smalling Starts / Breaking: Cambridge United To Host Man U In F.A Cup Fourth Round Plus Full Draw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.