Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,769 members, 7,837,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Operation Expose All Fraudulent Car Adverts In Autos Section - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Operation Expose All Fraudulent Car Adverts In Autos Section (652 Views)

*~ Siena Voted Autos Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / {Tetley Autos} Section For Sparkling Clean Grade "A" Registered Cars / {Tetley Autos}Section For Sparkling Clean & Affordable Toks Cars (Lagos Cleared) (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Operation Expose All Fraudulent Car Adverts In Autos Section by Nobody: 12:09am On Dec 17, 2014
Hello Nairaland people, genuine car dealers, buyers owners etc

I've been observing for a while an anomaly which is a growing trend in Autos section; This ugly trend is about how fraudsters are using our good and reputable Nairaland's autos section to carry out their nefarious activities. I personally feel most of these fraud/scam dealers are from other sites that don't moderate their activities and as such is a thriving den for scammer and fraudulent dealers (I'm not mentioning names). In all Honesty, the trio of chelseabmw, Ikenna351, pafestula who are the Moderators here are doing a very great job I congratulate them and I say thanks for making autos section safe for deals. However, I feel we need to also support and help them in own our little ways by identifying these fraudsters.

I'd show you a brief sample advert of a scam thread and how its advert looks like.

Let's take a look at this: www.nairaland.com/2048170/clean-tokunbo-2010-toyota-highlander#28947295

If you look carefully, the scammer actually uploaded various sections picture a 2010 highlander which is in sync with his topic. However, if you look at the description he gave, it shows an alarming state of falsehood.

Air Conditioning, Airbags, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Radio, Anti-Lock Brakes, Armrests, CD Player, Cup Holders, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Power Steering, Tinted Windows, Turbo Charged, Winch, Xenon Lights,
Feel free to make me an offer and it might be
yours.
price:3.8m

From the excerpts copied and pasted above, it shows that he is advertising his highlander as having the following "Turbo Charged, Winch, xenon Lights". Highlanders DON'T have turbo chargers, Highlander doesn't have winch or wizard or whatever, that Highlander doesn't have xenon lights from factory.

Pls Don't fall a victim...

Let's take another example.

www.nairaland.com/2048123/tokunbo-2010-honda-civic-sale#28947472
JUNIORCHUKA:
Air Conditioning, Airbags, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM
Radio, Anti-Lock Brakes, Armrests, CD Player,
Cup Holders, Electric Mirrors, Fog Lights, Front
Fog Lamps, Power Steering, Winch,
Feel free to make me an offer and it might be
yours.
price:2.2M

From this advert, it shows fog Lights, front Fog lamps, winch.

now, if you check the picture the OP uploaded, there is NO fog lamps installed in that vehicle.

By the way, fog lights and front fog lamps is a double speak to me and doesn't make sense. What is the problem with these fraudsters and winch?
Re: Operation Expose All Fraudulent Car Adverts In Autos Section by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 17, 2014
From time to time, I'd take my time to go thru posts in autos section in order to fish out shady adverts and post them here so as to sensitize us and also make our moderators find their job easier. I'd also implore all of us to join hands in doing same.

Here's the format.

1. The name of the poster,

2. His thread link/address,
3. The quote of his fraudulent claim and the picture of the car he wishes to use as bait in scamming innocent Nigerians.

Let's make this a collective effort to rid Nairaland of frausters

NOTE: Don't vilify anyone and don't falsify any thing/claim here.

CC: Seun, chelseabmw, Ikenna351, pafestula etc let's do this.
Re: Operation Expose All Fraudulent Car Adverts In Autos Section by Seun(m): 12:57am On Dec 17, 2014
This is not the right way to tackle this problem. I hereby shut this down.

Fraud and other illegal activities are against the rules of Nairaland.
Fraudulent posters, when identified, should simply be banned by the moderators.
Their fraudulent ads should also be removed.

That's what the moderators are here for. Not to "expose" scammers but to prevent them from scamming anyone on Nairaland.
Use the report to moderator feature to report fraudulent ads that you think the mods have missed.

If the mods are not doing their work, report them to the supermods so they can be replaced. That is my decision.

4 Likes 4 Shares

(1)

Superclean Registerd 2005 Model Nissan Armada @ 1.5m / Toks Carisma 2000 Model Manual Drive For Sale / CityNG - Mercedes Benz 190e Parts - N14,999

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.