Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! (1300 Views)

Movies That Should Not Have Been Released: / Top Ten Movies That Make You Cry / Hollywood Movies That Showcase Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by saaedlee: 12:51am On Dec 18, 2014
As much as making people laugh over a movie is tough, making people cry is tougher, I made a list of some of my saddest movies(based on true life events) of all-time. Maybe I missed some, probably I haven't seen it yet.

1. Hachi: A Dog's Tale A drama based on the true story of a college professor's bond with an abandoned dog he takes into his home.

2. The Boy in the Striped Pajamas Set during World War II, a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, whose forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence has startling and unexpected consequences.

3. The Blind Side The story of Michael Oher, a homeless and traumatized boy who became an All American football player and first round NFL draft pick with the help of a caring woman and her family.

4. Schindler's List In Poland during World War II, Oskar Schindler gradually becomes concerned for his Jewish workforce after witnessing their persecution by the Nazis.

5. Philadelphia When a man with AIDS is fired by his law firm because of his condition, he hires a homophobic small time lawyer as the only willing advocate for a wrongful dismissal suit.

6. The Passion of the Christ Jesus Christ' last hours and crucifixion.

7. Finding Neverland The story of J.M. Barrie's friendship with a family who inspired him to create Peter Pan.

8. The Cure The Movie centres on Dexter, age 11, who has AIDS, and his next door neighbor Eric, a little older and much bigger, become best friends.

9. Triage Tells the story about the wife of a photojournalist who sets out to discover why her husband came home from a recent assignment without his colleague.

10. Black Hawk Down Story about the battle of Magadishu in Somalia, where a mission of 3 hours instead took days amidst killings, maiming and kidnapping of US Marines, the movie also portrayed the courage of Delta Force Teams.
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by Drniyi4u(m): 1:30am On Dec 18, 2014
I've not seen any of em!!!
We don't watch film in this part of d world!
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by Nobody: 3:37am On Dec 18, 2014
Iru-eshin..
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by dyadeleye(m): 5:20am On Dec 18, 2014
You need to add The pursuit of happiness, hotel Rwanda, Infamous to that list!.
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by saaedlee: 10:10am On Dec 18, 2014
Drniyi4u:
I've not seen any of em!!!
We don't watch film in this part of d world!

Or u don't have access to movies?
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by saaedlee: 12:22pm On Dec 18, 2014
dyadeleye:
You need to add The pursuit of happiness, hotel Rwanda, Infamous to that list!.

Trust me I had battles with removing The pursuit of happiness from that list. Hotel Rwanda would have made the list if it wasn't a repeat of "Sometimes in April"
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by dyadeleye(m): 12:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hotel Rwanda is quiet different from sometimes in April bro...
shocked
There is nothing similar jere.
saaedlee:

Trust me I had battles with removing The pursuit of happiness from that list. Hotel Rwanda would have made the list if it wasn't a repeat of "Sometimes in April"
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by saaedlee: 11:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
dyadeleye:
Hotel Rwanda is quiet different from sometimes in April bro...
shocked
There is nothing similar jere.

Inasmuch as I agree with u, your opinion is completely not true; that they are different movies. It tells the story of the Rwanda Genocide!
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by dyadeleye(m): 11:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
Then you need to pick one out of the two since they tell the same story to you...both are tear jerkers.

D angry angry
saaedlee:

Inasmuch as I agree with u, your opinion is completely not true; that they are different movies. It tells the story of the Rwanda Genocide!
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by omololu2020(m): 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
Black hawk down is a really intrestin movie full of action.I love d two brave soldiers dat went to save a pilot in a black hawk wen it crashed.they both died while savin d pilot.but dey wia both d first US soldier to receice Medal of Honour post humousl
Re: 10 True Life-based Movies That Might Make You Cry!! by saaedlee: 5:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
omololu2020:
Black hawk down is a really intrestin movie full of action.I love d two brave soldiers dat went to save a pilot in a black hawk wen it crashed.they both died while savin d pilot.but dey wia both d first US soldier to receice Medal of Honour post humousl

I believe you are talking about Gordon and Shughart, mehn, those guys were really brave in their quest to secure crash site 2.

(1) (Reply)

Tunde Kelani's "Dazzling Mirage" Opens Today In Cinemas Nationwide / Watch Latest Nollywood Movie On Irokotv"more Or Less" / See Top 5 Nigeria Movies In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.