Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

I Would Rather End My Career In The Nigerian League Than Play In South Africa - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Would Rather End My Career In The Nigerian League Than Play In South Africa (660 Views)

Dead Referee 'Appointed' To Officiate Nigerian League Match / Enyimba F.C Of Aba Rewarded With N30m For Winning The Nigerian League (pictured) / Nigerian League Best 11 Of All Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Would Rather End My Career In The Nigerian League Than Play In South Africa by Dotng: 5:47am On Dec 18, 2014
I would rather end my career in the Nigerian league than play in South Africa- Yobo

Reports linking Joseph Yobo with a transfer move to the South Africa Football League have emerged to be false.

Yobo's representative denied speculations that the player is set to end his football career in South Africa, saying that he is presently considering offers to remain in Asia.

The former Super Eagles defender has been without a club since Turkish side, Fenerbahce released him in the summer.

"It’s ridiculous to hear that. Name one South African club that can be able to afford his wages? The story is not true and I wonder where they got it from,'' Yobo's representative Chiedozie Nwabueze told SL10.ng.

''Yobo is not happy with the story because it’s 100 per cent false. He never discussed anything like that with any club in South Africa or anybody else; neither did he intend to buy a house in South Africa with
the view of settling down there. ''

He further maintained that playing in South Africa was never on the cards for Yobo, adding that he would rather return to Nigeria and play for free rather than take that option.

'If that is the case it would have been better for him to play for a second division club in Turkey than going to play for a first division club in South Africa or even come back home to play for Sharks for free as well as manage his business in Lagos and Abuja. I think the report is insulting.''

However he noted that other offers have come in for Yobo, which he will select from before the new year.

''So many clubs from Europe and MLS want him but he is more interested in the offers from the Asian clubs, which is a mouth watering one.

''They are discussing with Yobo’s agents at the moment ahead of the January transfer window and hopefully the deal would be signed and sealed before the New Year,'' he added.
Re: I Would Rather End My Career In The Nigerian League Than Play In South Africa by Nobody: 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
Scum
Re: I Would Rather End My Career In The Nigerian League Than Play In South Africa by Afrok(m): 1:09am On Dec 19, 2014
Ok... He's at d peak of his career, nothing much to enjoy again than the cash, so go to Asia like others and enjoy ur life.

(1) (Reply)

Costa Scores 13th League Goal / Ronaldo Wins Best Player Of 2014 At Globe Soccer Awards / Manchester United Fans To Start A Twitter Plea For Lvg Sack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.