Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,460 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 AM

Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) (38713 Views)

Man Murders Ex-girlfriend And Her Lover In Benue / Father Kills Own Daughter In Bauchi With Rat Poison (Photo) / 47-year-old Man Docked For Allegedly Raping Own Daughter In Ogun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2014
Instead of taking her to psychiatric hospital, they took her to church and then buried her alive. Odd.
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by skinny007(m): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2014
Nawa o......... Anyway am not surprise. Guilty or not may her soul rest in peace.
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by tomistelle(f): 8:49am On Dec 18, 2014
Awon iya eleye,aro igba aso ma bale,mo gbedi ooo grin
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by CCsurplus007(m): 8:54am On Dec 18, 2014
“She was taken to some churches for prayers and spiritual deliverance where she spent days confessing and disrupting the peace of everyone there. She was even said to have confessed to be in a spiritual cult in which she already had two babies. She said she would return to her home in the occult world whenever she lost her virginity here on earth. She also revealed that she had lost her virginity recently.”

Now that guy don enter one chance. Guys be careful o.

1 Like

Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by fresky(m): 8:58am On Dec 18, 2014
I hear say "she just lost her virginity recently". Hhmm,a dude somewhere in Ekiti will be shaking

1 Like

Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 18, 2014
This is not the required picture, send the picture of the killer and the killed
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Franchise21(m): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2014
Speechless
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 18, 2014
She looks like a witch. undecided
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Descartes: 9:11am On Dec 18, 2014
Shyna112:
This is not the required picture, send the picture of the killer and the killed

...or it is a fable wink

Cogito ergo sum smiley
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Ralphlauren(m): 9:12am On Dec 18, 2014
Coogar, where are you? grin

Come and see your kinsmen or is it kinswoman grin

You will be quick to tag ijebu peeps with all sorts

Cc sirshymex
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by HIPROFILE(m): 9:12am On Dec 18, 2014
END TIME THINGS!!!
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 18, 2014
Sylvarresta:
Hmmm, end time tinz..... WTF sh*t like this doesn't happen here Singapore

Go sleep
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by olajide8(m): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2014
lalasticlala:
.. Suspect buries deceased overnight, flees community.
*Mother has case to answer, says son
*The house where the deceased was allegedly killed

FROM WOLE BALOGUN, ADO EKITI

A middle-aged woman in Ekiti, Mrs. Victoria Aina Adanikin, has allegedly murdered her own daughter, Miss. Oluwafunmilayo Rosaline Abosede Adanikin, a 300 level student of the Federal College of Educa­tion, Ikere-Ekiti.

Adanikin, who until the alleged murder of her daughter lived in Adanikin compound, beside Baba Ewenla house in Idamodu area of Emure-Ekiti, Emure Local Government Area of Ekiti State, was said to have put an end to the life of her 22-year-old daughter on the night of December 7 at their apartment.

Residents and neighbours in the area said trouble started a few days earlier when Abosede began to confess to committing some evil deeds through diabolical means. She was said to have allegedly confessed to causing havoc in her family by killing relatives and spoiling the fortunes of others with some fetish powers she got from her mum.

An old woman, who is a neighbour to the family but who craved anonymity, told the reporter: “Abosede had confessed to killing a relative of her mum as well as causing the misfortune that befell her father, Pa Titus Folorunso Adanikin, among other things before we heard that she had died that night. The incident caused a stir in the community, as the girl actually made the confessions in the full glare of the public.

“She was taken to some churches for prayers and spiritual deliverance where she spent days confessing and disrupting the peace of everyone there. She was even said to have confessed to be in a spiritual cult in which she already had two babies. She said she would return to her home in the occult world whenever she lost her virginity here on earth. She also revealed that she had lost her virginity recently.”

Another resident, informed that the last church that Abosede was taken to rejected her and asked her mum to take her home.

The old woman continued: “Abosede’s confessions were reported to our traditional ruler, Oba Emmanuel Adebayo (a former Commissioner of Police) who immediately ordered that the girl and her mum should report at the palace so the matter could be looked into according to the traditions of the land. The Oba sent his messenger with the royal staff, but Mrs. Adanikin lied to the bearers of the king’s message that the girl didn’t confess to committing anything. They said she only had some mental problems. But as soon as the king’s messenger left, she tied the hands and legs of the girl so as to tame her. Her neighbours said when it was late in the night, she began to beat the girl in the room where she had her locked up and eventually pushed her against some planks earlier kept there by her late father to make doors for his uncompleted building.

It was then that the girl lost consciousness. Adanikin then arranged for people who procured a coffin. She told the hired men to force her dying daughter inside the coffin for burial even when it appeared that the girl had not entirely given up the ghost. It was early the next day that Adanikin had her daughter buried. She buried the girl beside the uncompleted building of her late father, Pa Folorunso Titus Adanikin. The uncompleted building is in Mosafejo area of Emure-Ekiti. If you go there now, you will discover that there are two fresh graves there. One is for Pa Adanikin while the other is Abosede’s grave.”

One of the children of Mrs. Adanikin, Abiodun, who also spoke with the reporter, neither exonerated his mother from nor accused her of committing the act.

He told the reporter over the phone: “I would have preferred to see you before we talk about this but I’m not available now. It is true that members of our community, especially the neighbours in Idamodu area of Emure-Ekiti where my mum lives with other members of our family, are alleging that she killed our last born, late Miss. Abosede Adanikin, who until her death, was a year three student of the Ikere College of Education. However, since it didn’t happen in my presence, I cannot say that our mum killed the girl. But I cannot also say that she didn’t do it. Where one is pushed to suspect a foul play is that my mum and her sister, both of whom were said to be with the Abosede during her travails, during the alleged confessions and her reported mental derailment, suddenly disappeared the morning after they allegedly buried the girl.

“Given such circumstances, I think my mum owes us all some explanation, more so since the people alleged that she turned down the Oba’s invitation to the palace during the alleged confessions of my sister.

“Right now, we don’t know where she is; we would have heard from her what really happened that night, leading to the sudden death and hasty burial of the girl.”

Meanwhile, a woman in the area, who described herself as a relative of Mrs. Adanikin, said Abosede’s mum was incapable of killing her daughter. Arguing that it was not just possible for a mother to snuff life out of her own daughter, especially when the daughter was said to be mentally disturbed and needing help, the woman said: “Aina (Mrs. Adanikin) is not capable of hurting a fly, let alone killing her own daughter. Please don’t believe what those people are saying. How is it possible for a mother who has suffered so much to bring up a child as fully-grown as Abosede to find it easy to kill her? It is not true. It is not also true that she killed her daughter to prevent the girl from exposing their witchcraft as is being insinuated in some quarters. And as to why the woman just disappeared the next morning after the hasty burial of the deceased, she may just be afraid or too shocked and ashamed to face the people after the embarrassment that the mental imbalance displayed by the deceased has caused her. Anyone could do that. You needed to be in this town when the deceased went gaga, saying all sorts of despicable things against herself , her mum and the relatives. It had been a huge embarrassment to us all and a big disgrace also.”

While several calls were made to Oba Adebayo, a former commissioner of police, to get his reactions on the matter, were not picked, a source close to him confirmed that he indeed, sent for Mrs. Adanikin and her late daughter but was turned down. The source also said that the police would soon be brought in to investigate Abosede’s death.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=95941

The woman looks evil - very much like a cat with her eyes and very much like a witch clan leader
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Sylvarresta(m): 9:34am On Dec 18, 2014
DavidGodwin:

Go sleep
I don't feel like sleeping
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Edusouls(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2014
house of horror, witches, mother and daughter possessed by the dark forces of the very nefarious spirt world they appease..this is just the begining, the spirit of the deceased girl,will unleash torment,disturbance and at worst bad omen to the community..
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by redsun(m): 9:47am On Dec 18, 2014
This is why they clamour for thieves as leaders. They are so mentally primitive one can't begin to imagine what age they are living in.

They want democrazy in 21st century, meanwhile,they are in the dark age. Very dark
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by zionexcellence: 9:49am On Dec 18, 2014
I blame poverty
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by adeiujj(f): 9:49am On Dec 18, 2014
na wa oo

Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by hammed007(m): 9:54am On Dec 18, 2014
uhm
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by chaberry(m): 9:55am On Dec 18, 2014
ROZZAYY:
Make I con go read now.
I don join bah?
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by bukatyne(f): 10:00am On Dec 18, 2014
SAD story

If the story is true, then the lady was going to die anyways since she was recently disflowered. Some guy will be quaking in his boots now grin

That said, if the girl was a witch, I don't pity her.

Witchcraft is real and they commit untold havoc.

There is a difference between mental illness and witchcraft.

1 Like

Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by siraj1402(m): 10:28am On Dec 18, 2014
The headline should have been "A Christian mother killed her daughter" because I knew if the woman involved happen to be a Muslim,it would have been "One Muslim woman fasilat killed her daughter kafayat"Oloshi gbogbo.Meanwhile the woman bust be found and interrogated.
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 18, 2014
evegran:

:-O erm I have a boyfriend- Sorry.
Plus I was discussing the topic, see how you abandoned the topic and jumped on me . Hian!

Yes. You have a boyfriend no problemo. Cheating is allowed. I like the writeup on your profile
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by highmood(m): 1:11pm On Dec 18, 2014
DesChyko:
But these newspapers ehn..

The information contained herein is not enough to conclude that the mother actually murdered her daughter. No eye-witnesses.

Yet The Sun concluded already.
a woman said she can't hurt a fly, I laugh her face. Trust nobody! The bible says a mother can abandon her own child...so she can kill her child else why tell lie to the Oba's messengers, why fleeing if she knew she did nothing wrong, why hurriedly burying the dead with raising an alarm for the neighbors to help rush her to the hospital or suggest what should be done? For me oh, she killed the girl cause the girl have exposed her and would have done more.
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by peter4d2(m): 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
Of all tinz if she really had power let her cast a spell on everybod dat has direct contact wit d deceased so dey won't give a credible information 2 whoever wants 2 investigate 4 wat his worth dey witches have limits
Light yagami my death note fans understands.

1 Like

Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
i suspect that relative that wanna exonerate the mum from the crime
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by tainot2002(m): 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
Murder everywhere.May the lord not make us to be part of this untimely death
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Nuella222(f): 3:44pm On Jan 08, 2015
Janeify:
When a child kills his/her mother, we call it "matricide" but now,this is not the case.The problem here is the repeated and continuous news/stories of mother's killing their children...isn't that daring and heart breaking? When filicide starts being the order of the day then don't be afraid to walk alone.

Killing is not as easy as we see them in movies.Killing a human being that has blood running through her veins recquires force and that's what she used,we are not talking about toys.she killed her!
How sure are you, are you there when it happen? Didn't u read what the young lady said what wld happen to her if she loose her virginity, which she has already lost?
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by Janeify(f): 10:15am On Jan 09, 2015
Nuella222:
How sure are you, are you there when it happen? Didn't u read what the young lady said what wld happen to her if she loose her virginity, which she has already lost?
why was she in a hurry to burry her that same night? It's fishy! If she is as innocent as you are stating, then why did she ran away.
I'm not a lawyer, i know but... This thing we're arguing about is now a history
Re: Horror In Ekiti As Mum Murders Own Daughter (pictured) by macof(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
Lies. The mother should be caught and killed the way she killed her child

Useless Christians..Eledumare punish you Christian pastors deceiving people with fake deliverance

An innocent girl murdered by her own mother
And look at Christians in this thread supporting the wicked act...Eledumare punish all of you and Esu put confusion in ur families to cause mother to kill child
useless bunch of morons

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

American Man Sent To Kirikiri Prison For Defrauding Three Nigerians / Female Fraudster Who Lures Victims To Native Doctor With 'Dollar' Busted / Illegal Rehabilitation Center In Kano Where Victims Are Chained, Uncovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.