Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,974 members, 7,825,039 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Can Someone Explain To Me The Concept Of Negative Energy? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Can Someone Explain To Me The Concept Of Negative Energy? (546 Views)

Can Someone Explain To Me The Concept Of Negative Energy? / Electronics Circuit Design From Concept To Implementation / 10 Mysteries That Science Can't Explain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Someone Explain To Me The Concept Of Negative Energy? by CrazyKaps: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2014
Hi,
I've been wondering about the concept of negative energy, said to be theoretically possible by Quantum Mechanics, and its possible physical manifestation.

I am also curious about how negative energy could have played a role in the Big Bang as from the Boomerang Antarctica experiments data, it was concluded that the universe has a "flat" topography and the net energy of a flat system is zero. So, for our universe to exist means there must exist an equal amount of negative energy in some form.

I know that this may seem like a tall order so I'll be happy even if you merely direct me to the appropriate resources to understand it myself. Also, the lesser the math the better. Something like a Dr Michio Kaku book ought to be easy to digest though i might be able to handle tougher books too.

Thanks smiley
Re: Can Someone Explain To Me The Concept Of Negative Energy? by sunkoye: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2014
Well well sir.
As we evolve to the era of quantum physics a lot of theories and understanding of space-tym has improved greatly. Eg black hole and worm holes and consequently tym manipulation.
I personally believed that without tym notin exit. If we can manipulate time...then we can manipulate anything. To adjust tym...the major prerequisite is negative energy.

So we ask a question- CAN WE HAVE LESS THAN NOTHING?

It might first not made sense cos if you remove matter and radiation the result will be vacuum. Well vacuum is Something with energy. Bro, the energy per unit volume I.e. energy "density" can be less than zero. Hence it is called negative energy.
The consequences of this less than nothing situation can result to space tym bending. MY OPINION/ theory- per unit volume of negative energy stops equal unit of tym space. A huge volume of negative energy at ur control can permit travels that makes light speed jealous. other parts of the universe, cosmos and past can be opened tru negative energy in form of a portal.

God bless.
Re: Can Someone Explain To Me The Concept Of Negative Energy? by CrazyKaps: 9:31am On Dec 18, 2014
The latter part about the possibile uses of negative emergy/mass (exotic particles) I'm quite familiar with. From Alistair Reynolds to Stephen Baxter and Neal Asher, every one of them has some unique, if (understandably) inexplicable, use they are put to.

Also, while i find your conjecture fascinating, could you point me to any scientific texts or sources that could help me understand it better anand/or support it?

I've got a somewhat free December ahead so am all revved up to read stuff.

Thanks. smiley
Re: Can Someone Explain To Me The Concept Of Negative Energy? by sunkoye: 6:41pm On Dec 18, 2014
HI HI,

I personally do more of Stephen hawking but ironically we disagree a lot.
you can check out his brief history of time and his new grand design. the later simplify most things and you will get it. it also gives room for drawing personal inference.

the grand design really dealt with negative energy but i disagree with him to sum extent. he believes positive and negative energy are inherent in forces of gravity with started everything. that is gravitational pull made everything happen. if am thinking right he is trying to tell us that "we" universe created itself from dark energy. sumting from nothing through a gravitational pull. the question is what comes first? matter or gravity.
he believes energy is constant while matter isn’t. well, matter can’t be constant due to the fact that it can be destroyed and created tru energy. and this energy is the positive and negative energy which consequentially balance to zero to create matter and then the universe.
i believe he is trying to cheat his way in drawing inference that Energy came from nothing.

u can also check his Space and Time warp lecture. its awesome.

cheers.

(1) (Reply)

New Presidential And Governorship Poll Date Now March 28 And April 11 Respective / 24 People Will Take A One Way Trip To Mars / Cctv/fire Alarm/solar/inverter Empowerment Programme In Phc....pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.