Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

Make A Good First Impression By Saying Who You Help, Not What You Do - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Make A Good First Impression By Saying Who You Help, Not What You Do (403 Views)

Somebody Pls Help: Not Even A Single Job Interview After 2yrs Of Graduating / JOB Interviews:ways To Make A Great First Impression / My First Month Salary Is Yours If You Help Me Get A Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Make A Good First Impression By Saying Who You Help, Not What You Do by naijadreamjobs: 10:16am On Dec 18, 2014
When you meet someone for the first time, either in a business or social setting, the question of what you do for a living is guaranteed to come up. You can make strong, lasting impressions by answering that question just a little differently.
First impressions are pretty important, and there are a lot of things that can hurt you. Name dropping, rambling, or spending too much time on your phone are big no-nos. As Bernard Marr suggests at his LinkedIn blog, however, saying who you help instead of what you do can be a very effective way to stand out:
Instead of leading with what you do, lead with who you help. As in, "Hi, my name is Bernard, and I help companies identify and make the best use of their key performance indicators and big data."
Done. You know who I am, what I do, and more importantly, whether or not I can help you or someone you know.
Saying who you help gives your job value and can lead you to meeting other people that might help your career. So before your next networking opportunity, ask yourself, who do you help?

more tips @ www.naija-dream-jobs..com

(1) (Reply)

2015 Are You Ready? 4 Surefire Ways To Make Your New Year’s Resolutions Happen / Shawama Boy Urgently Needed / I Need A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.