Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

APC Chose Prof Osinbajo Because Of “crap” Called Religion – Banky W - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / APC Chose Prof Osinbajo Because Of “crap” Called Religion – Banky W (678 Views)

Why You Chose This Very Moniker / Seun-sexkills And His Crap Banning Ways / People I Consider Crap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Chose Prof Osinbajo Because Of “crap” Called Religion – Banky W by Seandeeds(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
Foremost R&B crooner, Banky W, has rubbished the choice of Prof Osinbajo has the vice presidential candiadate of the All Peoples Congress (APC). He said the only reason reason he was chosen over Fashola is because of the “crap” called religion. He said religion has robbed the opposition party of fielding Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, who he described as more eminently qualified than Osinbajo.

His words: “It (Buhari’s running mate) should be Fashola. They use religion as a tool to control us. I don’t care about my leader’s tribe, religion, or whatever jargon they keep feeding us. Zoning ‘religioning’ are all crap. Who cares if Fashola is a Muslim? Didn’t we vote him into power in Lagos? Did the fact that he’s a muslim affect the way he lead the state?

“They brainwash us into thinking these things (religion, tribe) really matter and then we wonder why we’re still here facing the same problems as a nation. We wonder why people still kill each other in places like Jos.

“Some of my mentors, clients, business partners and colleagues are from different tribes and religions than mine. What difference does it make? I don’t choose who to do business with based on if they’re from my village. I don’t choose who to associate with based on their religion,” Banky W said on Twitter.

We remember in 1993, the Social Democratic Party (SDP) fielded a Muslim/Muslim ticket, in the late chief MKO Abiola and Alhaji Baba Gana Kingibe, in an election that is still seen and the freest and fairest election ever conducted in Nigeria. It did not deter people from voting for SDP, even in the south west, as they had a landslide victory.

I am not sure why GMB chose Osinbajo. Whatever the reason is, I hope it’s a good one.

Read more at: http://seunsblog.com/prof-osinbajo/#sthash.sad3qci0.dpuf
Re: APC Chose Prof Osinbajo Because Of “crap” Called Religion – Banky W by enoqueen: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Banky, this is politics o.

1 Like

Re: APC Chose Prof Osinbajo Because Of “crap” Called Religion – Banky W by thorpido(m): 12:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
In Nigeria,we practice a type of politics called religio-ethno-politics.

1 Like

Re: APC Chose Prof Osinbajo Because Of “crap” Called Religion – Banky W by morefire: 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2014
please wetin banky sabi again about politics

Obama won his election because he was Black

Zoning and politics go together

if you guys truly wanted change in the first place then why did you not use Fashola as president and another wonder working governor...

or why did you not take Ameachi (am sure you guys knew a time would come when Ameachi would become uncontrollable)

no sir you took Buhari because you knew he would clear the north....

common mehn leave Oga Tinubu am sure he has done his maths well well well

may who God wants win the election

1 Like

Re: APC Chose Prof Osinbajo Because Of “crap” Called Religion – Banky W by Elcemento(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2014
That's why most of the entertainers fail in politics, they think it's just based on popularity. Banky needs to know how people outside lagos think,especially the uneducated ones to know how powerful religion is in nigerian politics. MR BANKY,FACE YOUR MUSIC ABEG,POILITICS IS BEYOND YOU FOR NOW.

1 Like

Re: APC Chose Prof Osinbajo Because Of “crap” Called Religion – Banky W by Meister(m): 12:56pm On Dec 18, 2014
That doesn't make any difference cause the seat of the vice president is more or less a glorified position and he won't have any authority to effect any reasonable change except if we're looking at the fact that Buhari is an old man and is probably close to the grave apart from that who the vice president is doesn't make a difference cause anybody it is will be more or less like Sambo.

My personal opinion; all this is a waste of time cause i'm pretty certain Buhari won't win GEJ and not because GEJ is a better man but he is seriously going to use his power and authority to frustrate them.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Exclusive Photos From The Armed Robbery Incident In Agbor Today / My Advice To Nairalanders For 2015 / Buy Cheap Data On Glo And Mtn Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.