Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! (8216 Views)

Nairaland.com Front Page Updates Taking Too Long / "Nairaland 2.0" Is Live! Any Questions Or Feedback? / Home Page Topic Suggestion Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Seun(m): 6:14pm On Dec 18, 2014
Dear Nairalanders,

What do you think about the recent changes we've made to the way that we update the home page?

What do you love, what do you hate, and what questions and suggestions do you have for us?

Thanks!

1 Like 16 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by UnknownT: 6:17pm On Dec 18, 2014
These days most threads on FP dont go past 1 page because of much FP updates. I know that by the time i am done typing this and submit, i will see a "star" by the side of Nairalandgrin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by JeffreyJamez(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
I like it the way it is......no matter the topic.... it's a forum not a blog so any topic can make FP depending on the discretion of the mod.

3 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by dejt4u(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
cc: seun
1. Pls giv d mods max. no of topics to be moved to the front page per day.. (e.g lyk 7topics per mod per day)..

2. Tell them to search the forum well before they create any new thread.. One of ur mod created a thread which i had created previously (lyk 2hrs earlier than his..) The guy moved his thread to the front page and he closed my own thread..that's a bad attitude nd I deserve an apology frm him but he's denying..

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Blaqsmith(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
Seun:
Dear Nairalanders,

What do you think about the recent changes we've made to the way that we update the home page?

What do you love, what do you hate, and what questions and suggestions do you have for us?

Thanks!

Topics getting to FP are too much.

I suggest the mods allow a thread to have a page comments' before it's recommended for FP unless it's emergency.

Happy Xmas in advance Boda Seun.

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Zikdik(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2014
1st commandment: some threads making frontpage these days are plain silly. Even though, the rate at which the updates roll in is nice, an increase in quantity doesn't exactly translate to an increase in quality.

7 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
It's very ok the way it is now.I know some guys would disagree. Kudos to your moderators. I remember when the front page was slow and uninteresting but that's a thing of the past now

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2014
*clears throat*
I don't see any problem with the way the fp is being updated. It should be so, shouldn't it?

My only question is that; what is the right protocol if we want our topics to be on fp?

And what decides if they'll get to fp or not?
Ayamlaykorn

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by justi4jesu(f): 6:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
Blaqsmith:

Topics getting to FP are too much.

I suggest the mods allow a thread to have a page comments' before it's recommended for FP unless it's emergency.

Happy Xmas in advance Boda Seun.
Lol @ Emergency.

Its better now cos it doesn't show the Numbers anymore. I agree with you about the Frontpage but not with the fact that its getting too much but the Time intervals inbetween Frontpage topics are too less. But I'm enjoying it cool

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ritababe(f): 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
i love it

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
the only problem I have is that the front page is not being shuffled,its mostly celebrity and romance news I see everyday...there are other threads that do need attention too....thank you smiley

11 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Blaqsmith(m): 6:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
justi4jesu:

Lol @ Emergency, na Hospital ni grin grin
You should understand me nah....

Or it's you comic sense coming into play againgrin
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Ebubeslym(m): 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2014
the home page resembles livescore. com homepage...

and the topics hitting front-page these days are not all worthy of front-page

for example

a commissioner not visiting his wife's grave bla bla bla

is this news??

10 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by ritababe(f): 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
pls keep it up
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Seun(m): 6:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
Blaqsmith:
This sounds sensible but implementing it as you described will lead to unintended negative consequences, so we have to make some changes.

Zikdik:
1st commandment: some threads making frontpage these days are plain silly. Even though, the rate at which the updates roll in is nice, an increase in quantity doesn't exactly translate to an increase in quality.
Can you review all the threads posted today and let me know the ones you consider silly and the ones you consider interesting? Thanks!

laykorn:
My only question is that; what is the right protocol if we want our topics to be on fp?
Post something interesting and share it with your followers to generate initial traffic. Keep the topic alive by replying the people who post on it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
@seun.
Is it right if I mail moderators with the link to the thread?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by iyisco2001(m): 6:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
It's been quiet interesting, excluding the annoyance of topics like, see Mr goat in new hot bikini, and some other disgusting topics, I strongly recommend that we update less of such topics on fp, let us pay more attention to topics that can improve our lifestyle, careers and current affairs(situation in the country and abroad). Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
@seun.. Please this topic should make fp so that you get more suggestions on how the frontpage can be better.
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Gflat: 6:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
@seun I created this thread today but you never posted anything on it...

www.nairaland.com/2051176/seun-please-something-nairalands-frontpage#28999045
Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by LaurelP(m): 6:35pm On Dec 18, 2014
I have issues with the fact that mods post only their own topics on fp even when its not qualified to be there. And there are other better topics.

2 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by smajatt(m): 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
[size=14pt]my own is that create a dislike button... some posts needs to be disliked constantly on this forum..[/size]

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
Seun a friend said to tell you that your front page is very jam packed! apparently you should create spaces between each topic heading so that individuals can easily click on them. I concurred smiley

4 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Seun(m): 6:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
justi4jesu:
Its better now cos it doesn't show the Numbers anymore.
Yes, after the first round of complaints I finally realised that the new featured topic notifications we implemented were responsible for part of the feeling that the HP was being updated too frequently, so we got rid of them. Now you can forget the home page until when you need it.

Ebubeslym:
the home page resembles livescore. com homepage...
Thanks!!

and the topics hitting front-page these days are not all worthy of front-page
Can you list the topics from today that you consider not worthy of the home page along with the topics that you consider to be definitely worthy?

Ghostlady:
the only problem I have is that the front page is not being shuffled,its mostly celebrity and romance news I see everyday...there are other threads that do need attention too....thank you smiley
Yes. Celebrity, Romance & Politics. I'm working on incentives that will draw more attention to other sections without boring the majority.

ritababe:
pls keep it up
Thanks, we will! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by biafranqueen: 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2014
PLEASE!!!!! Seun help me how do I stop the updates chiming my phone, every time I think it is important text I see "10 Things Tonto keeps in her Purse" angry.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by vizkiz: 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
Seun:

Can you review all the threads posted today and let me know the ones you consider silly and the ones you consider interesting? Thanks!

the one with RMD and his dead wife...that thread is more than silly sad

1 Like

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by DickDastardly(m): 6:39pm On Dec 18, 2014
I hate Lalasticala, ishilove and one Drealstan making front page all the time with their topics, while better topics from us all languish in the back page.
Why must all topics now come from this 3guys Discourages hard-working Nairalanders with front page ambition, including yours sincerely!

21 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
I don't like the rapid updates at all. The front page used to be for the most special and useful topics. Now it looks less precious cuz anything goes.

3 Likes

Re: Home Page Updates: We Need Your Feedback! by zyzxx(m): 6:43pm On Dec 18, 2014
I love it d way it is.
Choose what u want to read and leave d ones dat don't intrest u...
We av different taste and I believe the fp av much topics nw to satisfy each of us.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Facebook Vs Nairaland: Which Is More Engaging And Addictive? / Where Will You Be On New Year's Eve? / ยป Photos: Wicked People Forcefully Remove This Boy Two Eyes In North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.