Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,647 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

My Duties, Your Duties And Our Duties As A Muslim - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / My Duties, Your Duties And Our Duties As A Muslim (1398 Views)

Rights And Duties Of Husband And Wife In Islam / What Are The Duties And Roles Of A Husband As Specified In Islam? / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Duties, Your Duties And Our Duties As A Muslim by BrainnewsNg(f): 3:08am On Dec 19, 2014
By;
JAMUI AYISAT
NO 40, ORONNA STREET, MODAKEKE, ILE IFE, OSUN STATE.
OLU SAVIOUR NURSERY/PRIMARY SCHOOL.
PRIMARY 6

As a Muslim brothers and sisters, we are all saddles with diverse duties or the other. No wonder, the holy Qur’an stated in Nahl 16:125 that “invite people to the way of lord, with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are the best and most gracious: for your Lord knows best who have strayed from his path, and who receive guidance”.

From the above excerpt, the fundamental duties of Muslims are outlined in the Arkan al-Islam (pillars of Islam). Faithful Muslims are expected to follow each of these duties as a show of faith. Ranging from daily and annual rites to once-in-a-lifetime feats of faith, the fulfilment of these duties is believed to purify both individuals and the Muslim community as a whole.

It is important to note that we cannot get away with merely affirming that we are Muslims and that we have accepted God as our only God and Islam as our religion. Rather, as soon as we acknowledge Allah as our only Lord and His guidance as our way of life, we take upon ourselves certain obligations and duties towards ourselves and towards others.

However, Parts of the duties expected of every Muslims are; observing Salat: prayer, a public demonstration of faith, Muslim prayers are performed five times daily: before dawn (Fajr), at noon (Zuhr), in the afternoon (Asr), following sunset (Maghrib) and in the evening (Isha)

Lastly, it is every Muslim’s duty to give alms called Zakat; include feeding the poor, aiding in Muslim missionary work and supporting anyone at all need. Also as a Muslim, we should not forget to have a duty to fast from sunrise until sunset. This entails a complete abstention from food, drink, smoking and sexual activity. Allah is great.

Reference

Jackson A (2014) Five Religious Duties of Muslims. A paper extracted from opposingviews.com on October 20, 2014.
Re: My Duties, Your Duties And Our Duties As A Muslim by lafflaff123(m): 3:16am On Dec 19, 2014
Which of these did Jamiu write?
Re: My Duties, Your Duties And Our Duties As A Muslim by Omexonomy: 5:14am On Dec 19, 2014
lafflaff123:
Which of these did Jamiu write?
maybe her teacher wrote it for her. jarus come and remove this post and put it to where it belongs.
Re: My Duties, Your Duties And Our Duties As A Muslim by Nobody: 6:11am On Dec 19, 2014
Omexonomy:
maybe her teacher wrote it for her. jarus come and remove this post and put it to where it belongs.

Cc: Maclatunji
Re: My Duties, Your Duties And Our Duties As A Muslim by Omexonomy: 6:24am On Dec 19, 2014
Jarus:

Cc: Maclatunji
thanks

(1) (Reply)

Through the Quran in Simple English / Why Are Muslim Students Still Wearing Hijab To School (see Pics) / Why Do Muslim Men Wash Their Joysticks After Urinating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.