Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,263 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide (56012 Views)

Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy / Can I Fly To Any Schengen Country Without Stopping At The Country Of Issuance? / Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 16, 2015
cherie24:
Oh boy...so this one that they give at the licensing office at Ikeja is what? IDL or IDP?

Kindly inquire from your spouse if the language used are both English and French. If it is so, Then you guyz are good to go.

The difference between international Driver's
License and IDP is that IDP will always be in
English and French.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by firstlady4(f): 12:20pm On Mar 17, 2015
Is it possible to apply for visa by June when am travelling August? Travelling to Germany.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Nobody: 1:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
firstlady4:
Is it possible to apply for visa by June when am travelling August? Travelling to Germany.

Yes . Applications can be made within 90 days of your scheduled departure date and I recommend you apply in ample time. Please
note you need to make sure that your
appointment date is at least 3 weeks prior to your scheduled departure date. Submitting your application later than this may well cause your trip to be delayed.

My 2cent
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by firstlady4(f): 1:47pm On Mar 17, 2015
I heard without reliable source of income is difficult to get German visa. Thou I work, but my income not much and I dont intend to stay back.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Nobody: 3:03pm On Mar 17, 2015
firstlady4:
I heard without reliable source of income is difficult to get German visa. Thou I work, but my income not much and I dont intend to stay back.

Before I respond, Tell me your main MOTIVE of visiting Germany Then I might say something afterward.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by firstlady4(f): 3:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
To visit my fiance for summer holiday and also, he will sponsor everything.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Nobody: 4:24pm On Mar 17, 2015
firstlady4:
To visit my fiance for summer holiday and also, he will sponsor everything.

On these Ground, Then your suppose fiance should be in a better position to assist you. He gat a lot of work to do in terms of paperwork. I believe if he really wants you to come, he is in a better position to help you cos by doing that, he will save you a whole lot of stress but if he can't provide those documents for you, then , be ready to spend some extra cash . Hope you got my message.

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by firstlady4(f): 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
Ok thanks.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Chrizizon: 12:30am On Mar 20, 2015
Respect shegsky..I was thinking d same thing about dat SOA., my scheduled date of travel is in 2 months time, I hope they over look some things there in d application. .I couldn't apply for France cos of problems with getting appointment date at vfs..I put in for italy instead as my friends told me its the same schengen that I could get to France easily from Italy with d Train

shegsky:

From all indications, Your SOA might be an hinderance these time around (200k) how are you gonna source for the ticket fee not to even talk of other miscellaneous fee ?. Although, you've got a sounding travel history.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by venizia(f): 11:01am On Mar 26, 2015
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by jelmusboy(m): 1:19am On Mar 28, 2015
Is there any implication of leaving a column blank on the schengen visa application form without writing no answer (N/A)
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Nobody: 8:13am On Mar 28, 2015
jelmusboy:
Is there any implication of leaving a column blank on the schengen visa application form without writing no answer (N/A)

Bros, To my best knowledge, it's not advisable. Why not get in contact with the embassy asap so as to make the necessary amendment, or to inform them .
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Chrizizon: 8:44am On Apr 09, 2015
Hello House, Does schengen visa take that long to process, i applied 3 weeks ago for Schengen visa up till now, no response from VFS or the Italian embassy, what could be the reason?
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by abnur14(m): 2:38pm On Apr 09, 2015
@ Chrizizon .....based on my knowledge , schengen visas take a max duration of 15 days bt if there is any pro it might take a month ...i suggest u call d embassy and inquire ....they wld gv u detailed info or direct u .....I am also planning to apply for Poland student visa .....gud luck
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Chrizizon: 10:34pm On Apr 09, 2015
abnur14:
@ Chrizizon .....based on my knowledge , schengen visas take a max duration of 15 days bt if there is any pro it might take a month ...i suggest u call d embassy and inquire ....they wld gv u detailed info or direct u .....I am also planning to apply for Poland student visa .....gud luck

Yah Thanks bro for the advice, will have to call em right away, though someone told me it takes a longer time sometimes to process a schengen visa for a first-time-traveler to the schengen Countries, don't know how true that info is...
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Chrizizon: 10:54pm On Apr 14, 2015
Greeting to NL Peeps..

My italo visa application was refused ..going to appeal it, as i was told i can in the doc presented..They said appeal should be with the assistance of a lawyer, what lawyer? local or foreign lawyer?

Also i want to know if it is something i can do myself, if it is, how can i send the appeal to T.A.R(Administrative Regional Court) of Latium, the suckers didn't put no address or email to which i can send appeal to..

Can someone please tell how it's done, will really appreciate
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by no1madman(m): 9:00am On Apr 15, 2015
SisterCaro:
My dream country na Poland
grin grin
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by johnsonsegxy: 10:12pm On Jun 09, 2015
SisterCaro:
My dream country na Poland
Are you applying for study visa?
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by SisterCaro(m): 7:20am On Jun 12, 2015
johnsonsegxy:

Are you applying for study visa?
no
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by dammy09(f): 2:28pm On Jun 26, 2015
[quote author=shegsky post=31713244]

On these Ground, Then your suppose fiance should be in a better position to assist you. He gat a lot of work to do in terms of paperwork. I believe if he really help you cos by doing that, he will save you a whole lot of stress but if he can't provide those documents for you, then , be ready to spend some extra cash . Hope you got my message.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by dammy09(f): 2:29pm On Jun 26, 2015
shegsky:

On these Ground, Then your suppose fiance should be in a better position to assist you. He gat a lot of work to do in terms of paperwork. I believe if he really wants you to come, he is in a better position to help you cos by doing that, he will save you a whole lot of stress but if he can't provide those documents for you, then , be ready to spend some extra cash . Hope you got my message.

Please help,
I recently got admitted in one Hungarian university for msc and I need to legalise my documents,pls I need to know

1.how to go about legalising my docs

2. is their embassy in nigeria and do they issue student visa

3.how long does it take the embassy to issue a student visa . Thanks
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by youngpboy: 3:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
Good peep, can someone help me with the easiest embassy or country to apply for a Schengen tourist visa?
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
youngpboy:
Good peep, can someone help me with the easiest embassy or country to apply for a Schengen tourist visa?

According to this statistics published in The Economist, 1 in 17 applications to visit
the Schengen area is
rejected. But not all
destinations are equal.

In 2010 Belgium turned away almost one-fifth of applications for transit and short-stay visas, whereas Finland rejected only 1.3%. In
2010 Poland issued 7% of all Schengen visas, but as many as one-fifth of long-stay ones. France gave out 2.2
million visas, the most of any Schengen country, but many had only limited territorial
validity. So I guess the
answer to the question is French embassy.

By the way,you may apply for greece tourist visa Asap. As them need money badly,and i think their officials will be very corrupt.
I stand to be corrected.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by zik4ever: 9:57pm On Jul 09, 2015
abnur14:
Maximum 15 days? When someone is still waiting for schengen visa to Netherlands via Belgium Embassy for 8 weeks -almost 2 months? Some even got their visas only after the events they were going for and one or two had to withdraw their applications.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by abnur14(m): 5:29am On Jul 10, 2015
zik4ever:

Maximum 15 days? When someone is still waiting for schengen visa to Netherlands via Belgium Embassy for 8 weeks -almost 2 months? Some even got their visas only after the events they were going for and one or two had to withdraw their applications.
heard it takes abou 40days and dey could deny u visa. so it ws true... i think its better to go through France embassy for a schengen visa. the others are ”head ache"//my opinion//.....
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by julius99(m): 8:30am On Jul 13, 2015
Hello,
For someone applying for a Schengen Tourist visa, is it compulsory to have a travel health insurance? Where can one get it and whats the cost?
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by abnur14(m): 12:05pm On Jul 13, 2015
julius99:
Hello,
For someone applying for a Schengen Tourist visa, is it compulsory to have a travel health insurance? Where can one get it and whats the cost?
yes its compulsory. there are various insurance companies acknowledged by schengen countries bt d 1 i know is
”AIICO" at vi Lagos state
about d price I tnk u shld inquire ...bt 1 year is #30,800
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Schipolkky2211: 5:02pm On Jul 16, 2015
Hello NLanders: please assist with info on schegen visa.
I have previously gotten a 3 months schegen visa. I travelled for one week and returned and never went again cos i was sent on a course by my company.Now i want to apply on my own, do i need to go through the whole process again ie presenting bank statement and the rest of it. Your response shall be highly appreciated.
Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Kayhummer(m): 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2015
shegsky:

http://nigerianfinder.com/schengen-visa-application-in-nigeria-step-by-step-guide/
hey boss I was denied france schengen visa today, I don't want to appeal the reason they gave was that the info submitted regarding the justification for the purpose and condition of the intended stay was not reliable, I collected it today and was intendin travel 3 january 2016, the question is can I apply through another schengen embassy (Italy)tho I will fill my next application truthfully as required In terms of if I have applied to any schengen before, the question what are my chances of getting it or should I apply thru france and if yes do you think is too early to apply again, thanks

1 Like

Re: Schengen Visa Application In Nigeria:step By Step Guide by Booksraggea: 4:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
I was asked by my intending graduate school to legalize my documents with the ministry of education and the Embassy of Czech Republic

What does it take to go to Abuja for legalization of Bachelor and transcript?

Also, how much is legalization of Bachelor and transcript?
Also, how much is legalization at Embassy of Czech Republic?
Finally, how many days does it take to complete the legalization process?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Total Lockdown In Anambra State Today (Photos ) / [PHOTOS] BEAUTIFULL CITIES IN NORTHERN NIGERIA / Sahara Desert Is Covered In Snow For The Second Time(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.