Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,514 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws (1675 Views)

Married Women Vs Single Ladies Vs Single Men / Wife Vs Mother (at War) / Why R Mother-inlaws Wicked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by fireforfire: 1:45pm On Dec 19, 2014
I had dis conversation with a lady yesterday
I noticed her engagement ring on her finger.
so jokingly i asked

Me:congrats o! So wen are we coming to eat rice o? i wan come chop rice quick quick

d lady: my dear tnx o.soon sha. im just worried abt certain tins

me: hope no problem?

d lady: not really sha. just dat iv bn thinkin of how to cope with my mother inlaw to be

me: ah soon? is she troubling u already??

d lady : no oo. infact shes ok.but i dnt know if she wil change after d marriage .iv heard some naaty tins abt mother inlaws.
sometines d tins u hear abt dem makes u wish dey die bfor u marry dia son.
Infact i wish my fiance didnt hv a mothee.i wont be disturbed.

me : *shocked*

so i began to wonder why some one would think like dis. not forgeting dat she wil be a mother one day o.
Ladies whats dis tin btwn u n mama dem?

mesadshocked)
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by bellong: 1:56pm On Dec 19, 2014
What was your response to her?
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 19, 2014
fireforfire:
[s]I had dis conversation with a lady yesterday
I noticed her engagement ring on her finger.
so jokingly i asked

Me:congrats o! So wen are we coming to eat rice o? i wan come chop rice quick quick

d lady: my dear tnx o.soon sha. im just worried abt certain tins

me: hope no problem?

d lady: not really sha. just dat iv bn thinkin of how to cope with my mother inlaw to be

me: ah soon? is she troubling u already??

d lady : no oo. infact shes ok.but i dnt know if she wil change after d marriage .iv heard some naaty tins abt mother inlaws.
sometines d tins u hear abt dem makes u wish dey die bfor u marry dia son.
Infact i wish my fiance didnt hv a mothee.i wont be disturbed.

me : *shocked*

so i began to wonder why some one would think like dis. not forgeting dat she wil be a mother one day o.
Ladies whats dis tin btwn u n mama dem?

mesadshocked)[/s]
[size=20pt]WRITE IN ENGLISH angryundecided[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by adebayour26: 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
[size=22pt] Let her know that her daughter-in-law will pray the same prayer for her. [/size]
In fact, they might eventually KILL her

4 Likes

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by fireforfire: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2014
Veralaw:

[size=20pt]WRITE IN ENGLISH angryundecided[/size]

Wetin u drink today

1 Like

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by mutter(f): 2:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
Already programming her marriage for failure before entering.
What a fool.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by bennyrazz: 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2014
mutter:
Already programming her marriage for failure before entering.
What a fool.
you took it right from my mouth. A very big fool
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by Nobody: 4:21pm On Dec 19, 2014
Some ladies are the cause of their misfortune

Just advice your friend not to destroy her home before she even gets the chance to build it.
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by chinnelle(f): 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2014
undecided
I refuse to believe a lady,any lady will say this.
Did/Does she not have a mother?

I just wish say no be fb undecided thread
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by okirewaju(f): 7:51am On Dec 20, 2014
With this kind of mindset I wonder how her marriage will eventually go.

Value your mother inlaw, I value mine so much and she pampers me in return.

Die ke! Mine is not young oh but she aint going anywhere, when she has not finished taking care of us. God will keep my both mothers for me.

Motherhood rocks kiss

1 Like

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 20, 2014
Its really bad that she could conclude this way even when her mother in law to be has not given her cause to fear. I think if every woman, mother in law/daughter in law decide to treat each other like mothers and daughters and not with a competitive spirit, this daughter/mother in law issues will not spring up.
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 20, 2014
okirewaju:

Die ke! Mine is not young oh but she aint going anywhere, when she has not finished taking care of us. God will keep my both mothers for me.

Motherhood rocks kiss
Why are you making me feel like getting married this minute Chai grin Motherhood truly rocks.

I'm not married but my mum and dad's mum are 5 and 6, you will think she gave birth to my mum. I want a MIL like that too.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by Juzzybabe(f): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2014
okirewaju:

Motherhood rocks kiss
My dear,with all sincerity,very few women will have these sweet words to say about their mother inlaws. Only the lady the OP is referring to shouldn't judge a woman she doesn't know.With such mindset,I can bet even if that woman is kind to her,she will never appreciate the old woman. As for me,I don't wish my mother or father in law dead,all I wish is to live far away from them. Since after my wedding,I have been living with them.My husband is based abroad and he left me with his parents. I don't know how long am gonna live here but am sick and tired of their attitude. My mother inlaw is the husband while my father inlaw is the wife in the home.I can't narrate all am passing through in their hands tho,but I don't hate them. All I want is for her to control her son like she always does to take my away from here.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by okirewaju(f): 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2014
Juzzybabe:

My dear,with all sincerity,very few women will have these sweet words to say about their mother inlaws. Only the lady the OP is referring to shouldn't judge a woman she doesn't know.With such mindset,I can bet even if that woman is kind to her,she will never appreciate the old woman. As for me,I don't wish my mother or father in law dead,all I wish is to live far away from them. Since after my wedding,I have been living with them.My husband is based abroad and he left me with his parents. I don't know how long am gonna live here but am sick and tired of their attitude. My mother inlaw is the husband while my father inlaw is the wife in the home.I can't narrate all am passing through in their hands tho,but I don't hate them. All I want is for her to control her son like she always does to take my away from here.
You are so right with how the lady's mindset will be when she eventually enters the home.

Wow, i kinda understand how you feel especially as your hubby is far away but you have to focus on the end which is when your hubby comes back home or when you finally join him over there.

You have to endure been with them as that was the arrangement you have with your hubby. Although i understand there might be rough days but its expected as even when you were staying with your parents there are days that either your mum/ dad or even sibling can do something to annoy you.

Respect them like you respect your parents, help out in any way you can.

lol@the reversal of roles between your mama inlaw and papa inlaw. I see you married a mama's boy. It is well my dear, just hold on strong.

Avoid conflicts as much as you can. One thing that should always be at the back of your mind is that you are not going to remain there forever. In marriage we all make sacrifices in one way or the other.

You are doing this for your hubby too so make him proud.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by okirewaju(f): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
Herzumpther:
Why are you making me feel like getting married this minute Chai grin Motherhood truly rocks.

I'm not married but my mum and dad's mum are 5 and 6, you will think she gave birth to my mum. I want a MIL like that too.
Indeed it does.

I've been screaming my lungs out since morning, I have sang, danced infact name it-just today but I won't trade this experience for anything in the whole world.

@5 and 6, that is how it should be dearie although I. Admit some mother inlaws are difficult to please but anyone you get manage am like that. @least for the sake of her son which she brought up and you married.

Amen to your heart desire.

Marriage is not easy, I have gone through a lot which has made me a wise woman.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by Juzzybabe(f): 5:01pm On Dec 20, 2014
okirewaju:
You are so right with how the lady's mindset will be when she eventually enters the home.

Wow, i kinda understand how you feel especially as your hubby is far away but you have to focus on the end which is when your hubby comes back home or when you finally join him over there.

You have to endure been with them as that was the arrangement you have with your hubby. Although i understand there might be rough days but its expected as even when you were staying with your parents there are days that either your mum/ dad or even sibling can do something to annoy you.

Respect them like you respect your parents, help out in any way you can.

lol@the reversal of roles between your mama inlaw and papa inlaw. I see you married a mama's boy. It is well my dear, just hold on strong.

Avoid conflicts as much as you can. One thing that should always be at the back of your mind is that you are not going to remain there forever. In marriage we all make sacrifices in one way or the other.

You are doing this for your hubby too so make him proud.
Thanks dear but it wasn't an agreement that I stay here especially with them,it was all my mother inlaw making.i took in right after my wedding and the best the woman could do for me was to advice her son to let me stay with her until I give birth. I was angry and refused initially but for the sake of my unborn baby I just had to let things go. But am realy trying to let peace reign,like u said,I have parents too,I have to tolerate them as much as I wud tolerate myn.
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
okirewaju:
Indeed it does.

I've been screaming my lungs out since morning, I have sang, danced infact name it-just today but I won't trade this experience for anything in the whole world.

@5 and 6, that is how it should be dearie although I. Admit some mother inlaws are difficult to please but anyone you get manage am like that. @least for the sake of her son which she brought up and you married.

Amen to your heart desire.

Marriage is not easy, I have gone through a lot which has made me a wise woman.
Awww....I'm sure learning a lot from you ma'am. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by LaRoyalHighness(f): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2014
This op is looking for jist.
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2014
adonbelieve this. stale gist
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by okirewaju(f): 9:22am On Dec 22, 2014
Juzzybabe:

Thanks dear but it wasn't an agreement that I stay here especially with them,it was all my mother inlaw making.i took in right after my wedding and the best the woman could do for me was to advice her son to let me stay with her until I give birth. I was angry and refused initially but for the sake of my unborn baby I just had to let things go. But am realy trying to let peace reign,like u said,I have parents too,I have to tolerate them as much as I wud tolerate myn.
Congrats dearie, been pregnant is such a wonderful experience.

Focus on your child. Lol@your MIL- i have seen women with such attitude but what can one do? especially as your hubby that is suppose to fight for you is far way.

Soon you will be home with both your hubby and baby/babies and you will remember this experience and laugh. You will still stay with them after delivering at least for some few months but by then whatever they say/do to hurt you means nothing as long as you have your bundle of joy with you.

Congrats once again, safe delivery! kiss

1 Like

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by sucezTP(f): 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
okirewaju:

Motherhood rocks kiss

Sure...
Although I'm not married yet but I cherish, value my mother-in-law and father-in-law, just like I do with my parents. My heart prays for them everyday.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by raumdeuter: 6:02pm On Dec 22, 2014
Same way she would die before her son's wedding
Re: Ladies Vs Mother-inlaws by fireforfire: 3:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
Juzzybabe:

wow. u live with ur parentsinlaw
not very convinient. i can imagine.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Reasons Why A Husband Will Leave His Wife When She Has Done Him Not / My Mother Want Me To Commit Sucide Help Please / My Wife Mother Packed Her Loads Out Of My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.