Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,256 members, 7,953,957 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:47 AM

Beyond The Politics Of Tribe And Religion - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Beyond The Politics Of Tribe And Religion (409 Views)

Barcanista The Politics Section Boss / Petiton To Relieve The Politics Section Moderators Of Their Duties. / Seun And Mukina2 - Call Afam4eva To Order On The Politics Section. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beyond The Politics Of Tribe And Religion by Hidentity(m): 1:53pm On Dec 19, 2014
Definitely, I will cast my vote for my Christian brother. I will vote for him in my local church for him to be the prayer leader. I won't vote for a Muslim because it is not a Mosque affair but a Church one.

Yes, I will cast my vote for my Yoruba brother at the village square if choosing our next king will be by vote. I won't vote for a Northerner or an Easterner because it is solely a Yoruba affair. They don't understand our culture, they have theirs.

For sure, I will cast my vote for a fellow man. If it is just a male affair, I promise not to vote for a female. As long as gender is a criterion, a female won't do well where a male is needed. I won't recommend Amina for the Super Eagles team.

But I will cast my vote for a qualified Muslim as long as it affects Nigeria. I will cast my vote for a competent Northerner or Easterner as long as it concerns my fatherland. I will also cast my vote for a female as long as she has what it takes to restore sanity to my dear land.

In the history of my evolution, I became a human before I became a Nigerian. After that, I became a Yoruba before I was brought up in the Christian faith. No sentiment can make me misplace my priority. The Love of humanity drives me first. God did not make a mistake when He created us with diversities, I am not ready to act as if His creating my brother a Muslim was an error. One of the symptoms of aggravated damage of one's encephalon is thinking one can fight for God against someone with a different religion. I am still researching on the drug to combat that. My friends from the East and North did not make a mistake of coming to this world, I won't let them feel they did by insisting their Tribe or Ethnic group is a bar to what they can achieve. My dear Sisters did not err because they got here as females, never will that be the basis of casting my vote.

Nigeria is for Nigerians. The betterment of the Nation should not be jeopardized on the altar of religion, tribe or gender.

2 Likes

Re: Beyond The Politics Of Tribe And Religion by immortalcrown(m): 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
May this manifestation of divine reasoning cure the illness of the nation.

(1) (Reply)

Is Loving Proportionate To Neatness / Post Your New Year Wishes To All Niaralanders Here. / Sponsorship! Sponsorship!! I Need A Sponsor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.