Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:21 AM

How To Incorporate Veggies Into Your Moin Moin - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Incorporate Veggies Into Your Moin Moin (624 Views)

Moin-moin: To Peel Or Not To Peel The Beans / Moin-Moin Lovers, Come In Here! / Nigerian Fruits And Veggies! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Incorporate Veggies Into Your Moin Moin by tocheli(f): 2:59pm On Dec 19, 2014
Ok, I have made this recipe a number of times but never shared it here (I shared some of this on the food cube). For the sake of the festive season, you might want to add this to your party menu, just to jazz things up a bit....*wink

*Moin moin with a twist.

Ingredients: This will serve 6 to 7 people. 2 wraps per person. (Basically your regular Moin ingredients)

2 cups of honey Beans
2 medium Onions, roughly chopped
200g Tatashe
2 tbsp ground Crayfish(optional)
4 small native 'yellow' pepper.
3 tbsp Canola oil (For a healthier meal, minimize the amount of oil you add)
1 tsp of paprika (optional)
1 tsp curry powder
1 hand full scent leaves_chopped (this is the main ingredient that will make a difference today)
Salt and seasoning cubes to taste.
1 medium smoked 'titus' fish_remove bones carefully.
2 eggs (optional)

Cooking Method:
Blend all the ingredients, except the spices, seasoning ,scent leaves and fish. Blend till very smooth and fluffy. Do not add too much water.
Pour in a bowl and add the chopped scent leaves, spices and seasoning.
Share into leaf wraps, (drop a small piece of fish and egg into each wrap) or plastic bowl, whichever you prefer. I prefer the leaves because it comes out tastier.
Cook for about 45 mins and turn of the heat. Allow to cool a bit before serving.
This tastes a bit different from the regular thing. If you are not sure you would like it, then make a few regular(no leaves) wraps for yourself.

So that's it sweets, make sure you add this to your parry menu, your guests will love it! God bless. For more pls visit my weightloss blog: http://www.theshapecube..com
Cheliz.

(1) (Reply)

Eating Brown Rice Is A Great Way To Start The Year 2015 / b / Discount Sale On Pizza Maker At Micostar Mall

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.