Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

Turning Your Wedding Into A Documentary - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Turning Your Wedding Into A Documentary (575 Views)

Five People That Can Ruin Your Wedding Ceremony / Decorate Your Wedding Halls And Reception At An Affordable Price. / What Will Your Wedding Cost? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Turning Your Wedding Into A Documentary by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
As the first part of this article I’ll be discussing a particular event that changes a lot of lives in the world, the event that gives the ladies an “awe” feeling and puts a smile on a guy’s face who in a moment later will become a Mr., which event are we talking about? It is “Wedding” event!

“The real act of marriage takes place in the heart, not in a ballroom, church or synagogue. It’s a choice you make – not just on your wedding day, but over and over again – and that choice is reflected in the way you treat your husband or wife.”

Wedding event is that event which the groom and bride do not want to just forget, who would want to forget such a memorable day like that, their happiest day, that is why every being who want to tie the knot with the love of his/her life would always want the event to be covered via video or picture coverage, that makes the event memorable, unforgettable and fun when re-watching the clip or pictures, but the funny thing here is… aren’t we tired of watching a stereotyped wedding videos of our siblings, friends, uncles, aunts, relatives etc, all the videos look as if it was shot, written and directed by the same guy, the same stereotyped pattern of shooting, like ten wedding videos I’ve seen are all the same to me, for example;-

In Traditional marriage video coverage, the cameraman will cover when the in-laws are arriving at the bride’s compound then everyone settle on his or her chair, very important personalities (VIP) will be recognized, still photographer take shots as if all pictures taken will be printed – the cameraman may visit the bride in her dressing room to interview her – moments later the bride with her ashebis will dance from the house to the compound – then her father will give her a cup filled with palm wine for her to give it to her man etc, same stereotyped story every day, every time, don’t you want yours to be different from this our stereotyped Nigerian wedding coverage existing before Independence. Couples are now changing their entrance into the reception venue, special dancing by the couple etc they all want it to look special, adventurous, captivating, entertaining etc, in this article of mine you’ll understand how we’ll shoot your wedding event and make it looks like a reality show of yourself, your spouse and the invitees when watching the DVD, how can we make it happen, it sounds difficult but easy though;-

“A lot of people get so obsessed with the wedding and the expense of the wedding that they miss out on what the real purpose is. It’s not about a production number, it’s about meaningful moment between two people that is witnessed by people that they actually really know and care about.”

LET’S TAKE IT BACK TO THE ORIGIN

Guy’s, don’t you want to see yourself in thoughts, seated by yourself and telling yourself that you need to make a move of proposing to Angela/Sarah/Ugochi/Amaka etc

Don’t you want to see when you were discussing with your best friend who was your best man during your wedding about your decision of proposing to the love of your life?

I know what you’re thinking now, you’re thinking, “How in the world are we going to get that shot?”

What you don’t know is that we’ll be everywhere you want us to be even before you meet your wife, we’ll be there only if you let us, I know your next question will be… how?

Allow me to explain “The how?” We’ll cover that after you’ve already proposed, maybe done your introduction ceremony etc, did I just hear you say that “it’s no documentary anymore,”
It is brother, in every documentary there are few additional acted shots, so we’ll create a story about you before the proposal, you don’t need to be an actor to play yourself, and there’ll be experts also in the field to help you out.

In every stage a script is written for it, example of stages;-

Pre-proposal, proposal, pre-introduction, introduction, pre-traditional wedding, traditional wedding, pre-white wedding, white wedding and post wedding stage.

Read more...

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Q0T 2015 Contestants Flaunt SWAGZZZ At Camp Opening / Cobhams Asuquo , 2face, Rita Dominic And Others At Afriff 2015 / See What You Have Missed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.