Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,235 members, 7,957,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:28 PM

Do Fuel Additives Sold In Nigeria Clean Up Carbon Deposits In Our Car Fuel Line? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do Fuel Additives Sold In Nigeria Clean Up Carbon Deposits In Our Car Fuel Line? (1559 Views)

Do Fuel Additives/magic Really Work? / Little Known Car Fuel Wasters And Fuel Saving Tips / Toyota Hi-ace!!! Stolen From Our Car Park (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Fuel Additives Sold In Nigeria Clean Up Carbon Deposits In Our Car Fuel Line? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2014
I want to know ask a bugging question.

Considering the quality of fuel we buy most of the time. I tend to see black carbon deposits after a long while in my throttle body. I want to ask if fuel additives sold in Nigeria clean up carbon deposits in throttle body, injector and fuel lines. For me, I dont believe in fuel additives. But i would want to learn from the experiences of users of fuel additives like Synergy, Mobil to mention a few.

If it does not work for you, please i would appreciate if you can state how you clean up your throttle valve. For me, I don't really like spraying 'carburettor cleaner' as most mechanics will advice. Lets learn from one another.

Thank you

Re: Do Fuel Additives Sold In Nigeria Clean Up Carbon Deposits In Our Car Fuel Line? by domack99(m): 10:42pm On Dec 20, 2014
Am presently trying the XFT, though not on my car yet. Trying it out on my 2.8KVA generator.
Re: Do Fuel Additives Sold In Nigeria Clean Up Carbon Deposits In Our Car Fuel Line? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:51am On Dec 21, 2014
chiebube:
I want to know ask a bugging question.

Considering the quality of fuel we buy most of the time. I tend to see black carbon deposits after a long while in my throttle body. I want to ask if fuel additives sold in Nigeria clean up carbon deposits in throttle body, injector and fuel lines. For me, I dont believe in fuel additives. But i would want to learn from the experiences of users of fuel additives like Synergy, Mobil to mention a few.

If it does not work for you, please i would appreciate if you can state how you clean up your throttle valve. For me, I don't really like spraying 'carburettor cleaner' as most mechanics will advice. Lets learn from one another.

Thank you
The dirt on your throttle body comes from a mixture of dust and engine oil, oil from pcv and dust from the air, has nothing to do with your fuel.

As for the fuel additives/treatment, they are mostly placebos.
Re: Do Fuel Additives Sold In Nigeria Clean Up Carbon Deposits In Our Car Fuel Line? by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:52am On Dec 21, 2014
domack99:
Am presently trying the XFT, though not on my car yet. Trying it out on my 2.8KVA generator.

XTF is a waste of money. But you will find out much later.
Re: Do Fuel Additives Sold In Nigeria Clean Up Carbon Deposits In Our Car Fuel Line? by Nobody: 6:15am On Dec 21, 2014
If it was just a waste of money then it would even be okay.

It will actually be detrimental to the health of your engine.

Having been studying you guys at home and the trials you are having with your vehicles, there is no way I am driving anything ultra modern in that country.

It seems one is better off driving an OBD1 or even prior vehicle, than messing with all the sensors laden cars.

Whenever I see new high dollar cars in Nigeria I feel like interviewing the owners on how they manage to keep it on the road.
Re: Do Fuel Additives Sold In Nigeria Clean Up Carbon Deposits In Our Car Fuel Line? by AutosBay(m): 9:18am On Dec 21, 2014
Lots of different answers so here's mine regular fuel is fine all the time the problem is carbon as everyone agrees on. High octane fuel burns hotter than regular so in theory it would burn the carbon build up out the tailpipe. You don't need to run it all the time but once in a while is fine. All gas has the same detergents in it but the higher octane burns hotter just like the injector cleaner that is all alcohol. So hotter burning fuel burns carbon deposits. The myth is your cleaning your injectors when in theroy/fact you are burning the carbon from the top end of the engine.

Source: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070125161625AAo2NSg

(1) (Reply)

What's The Price For Honda EOD Fuel Pump? / Volvo V40 Engine Number And Identification / Check Out This G Wagon Spotted In Osun Today(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.