Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,671 members, 7,820,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. (7158 Views)

10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy / Things You Should Give-up To Be Happy / 10 Habits You Must Quit To Be Happy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 21, 2014
I assume the cousin's kids are older, so once they are too big for the clothes, your kids get them.

I see nothing wrong in it. In fact, it has plenty of advantages.

Clothes that are still good are not being thrown away and wasted. Kids grow quickly so clothes that are still good are often thrown away. Save the environment. wink

You can save money. Even if you can afford new clothes, why not save some money where possible? Be economical even if you don't have to. wink

It is said that second-hand clothes are better because they contain less of some toxic dyers as they have already been washed several times. The child's skin is protected better. Health! wink

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by KanwuliaJara: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2014
taryour:

LWKMD ooo.
Complements of the season to you ma'am

Same to you!
We claim it!
Amiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin ooooooooooooooooooh!!!!! grin
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Dec 21, 2014
There isn't anything wrong with it. In fact my eldest sibling will keep them for the next grandchild in line especially if it's one she likes very much. She shares with her close friends as well. There are some clothes that have gone round 4 girls as thier age difference isn't much, i'm even waiting for new arrivals sef.
It has nothing to do with "Social Status" or how much ncome or money. If you don't want it, give it to people who need it.
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by quest003: 1:31pm On Dec 21, 2014
kingmorgan:
Please if you are not married or experienced dont come here and say rubbish, we are talking about family issues here single ladies or guys should keep off, when you get to your turn, you will have your own experiences to share, so please do not criticizes people with nothing on your HEAD. RESPECT YOURSELVES.

your comment reeks of arrogance, you think being wise or sensible is by age or marriage? By the way, since you are married and experienced, why not solve your problem yourself?
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Agrika: 2:32pm On Dec 21, 2014
O.p u are a good and responsible man, cos only a good and RESPONSIBLE husband with a good sense of pride will see something wrong with it...sit ur wife down and explain how this is affecting ur self-esteem and if it is even possible carry style hint Aunty-distributor cousin that her "services" are really appreciated but not needed.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Rosarie(f): 8:10pm On Dec 21, 2014
my bro pls no pride.for me i am not all dat wealthy yet at times still get zero in my account which i kno has ended dis year.i hate used clothes for kids with a passion.but for ur story is like a let down abeg.why can she not buy cheap new clothes and send down.why must it be wen her kids are done with it.is not as if she has ever visited for 2 whole years or sent d kids down to visit.a distant relative for that matter.u re d man of d house.nl can not help u.put urself down and help yourself by talking your wife.but women re usually but sensitive to things like dis.pls caution ur wife to be more senitive to tins oo cos life is dangerous n wicked

5 Likes

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by kingmorgan(m): 2:06am On Dec 22, 2014
Thanks so much, I will
Rosarie:
my bro pls no pride.for me i am not all dat wealthy yet at times still get zero in my account which i kno has ended dis year.i hate used clothes for kids with a passion.but for ur story is like a let down abeg.why can she not buy cheap new clothes and send down.why must it be wen her kids are done with it.is not as if she has ever visited for 2 whole years or sent d kids down to visit.a distant relative for that matter.u re d man of d house.nl can not help u.put urself down and help yourself by talking your wife.but women re usually but sensitive to things like dis.pls caution ur wife to be more senitive to tins oo cos life is dangerous n wicked
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by kingmorgan(m): 2:08am On Dec 22, 2014
Bro i left that comment for some people who did not think and wrote, i did not mean single people are not wise, i only want them to stop contributing on what they know nothing about, you know some people just look at your post and reply rubbish.

quest003:
your comment reeks of arrogance, you think being wise or sensible is by age or marriage? By the way, since you are married and experienced, why not solve your problem yourself?
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by kingmorgan(m): 2:10am On Dec 22, 2014
She gave birth last four month to her third child. my daughter is 16months
carefreewannabe:
I assume the cousin's kids are older, so once they are too big for the clothes, your kids get them.

Clothes that are still good are not being thrown away and wasted. Kids grow quickly so clothes that are still good are often thrown away. Save the environment. wink

You can save money. Even if you can afford new clothes, why not save some money where possible? Be economical even if you don't have to. wink

It is said that second-hand clothes are better because they contain less of some toxic dyers as they have already been washed several times. The child's skin is protected better. Health! wink

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by kingmorgan(m): 2:15am On Dec 22, 2014
Am happy you said Less Priviledged, Am not one bro i live by the Grace of God, and like i said i got married two years ago and will be moving to my own duplex next few months, am not saying am rich but am ok, why do you feel i have pride. i am not holding anything against you i only need honest answers.

mployer:
Op, your problem is pride. You feel let down by an act that was done with good intent. If You don't like the clothes , there are some less priviledged people around that Will appreciate It.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Femsyn(m): 7:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
The issue here is, you were sent clothes cos they think you probably need them. Personally, I'd rather give d needy than give someone who's fed and full, like OP.
Appreciation goes a long way to do more, especially when it comes from those in need. It gives some form of fulfilment. Unfortunately in this case, the appreciation will be far-fetched.
Its quite sad that most Nigerians are hypocrites, cos I see absolutely nothing wrong in making ur stance known to the cousin. Who knows, they may actually look for better ways of distributing their used clothes to those who really need them, instead of wasting them by giving you. However, wisdom is key in the manner you approach the issue. Again, what must be said, must be said!

1 Like

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2014
OP, I am solidly behind you.
Even if people call it pride, I can vehemently say, there is a degree of pride a family man exudes on issues that try to bruise his ego as a "capable head of the house".

On a basic level, gifts should be channelled to where they would be appreciated. Once one party doesn't feel comfortable with it - it has lost its relevance.

Now, is the gift worth re-gifting i.e are they in good conditions? If yes
*don't fret/fuss over nothing -donate/ give them out to someone who needs them most.
If it makes you feel better......have an effective heart-to-heart talk with your wife, let her relate your message to her cuz.

That's all

5 Likes

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Truckpusher(m): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Plausible...... grin

First time of hearing some good advice from you to a family in this section.I hope your co-travelers are turning a new leaf? undecided

But doesn't still change the fact that you roll with a Mexican drug cartel member - Which one of them do you roll with again? Knight's Templers? cheesy tongue
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
Truckpusher:
Plausible...... grin

First time of hearing some good advice from you to a family in this section.I hope your co-travelers are turning a new leaf? undecided

But doesn't still change the fact that you roll with a Mexican drug cartel member - Which one of them do you roll with again? Knight's Templers? cheesy tongue

LOL

grin grin grin

I can't help but like you a little bit. tongue wink smiley
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Truckpusher(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:

LOL

grin grin grin

I can't help but like you a little bit. tongue wink smiley

''Like me a lil bit''?

Isn't that a bribe? - they call it 'shut up bribe' grin cheesy
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 22, 2014
Truckpusher:
''Like me a lil bit''?

Isn't that a bribe? - they call it 'shut up bribe' grin cheesy

No bribery, I am fully aware that I will make you talk sooner or later again. My opinion is just too provocative for you. tongue
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Truckpusher(m): 9:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:

No bribery, I am fully aware that I will make you talk sooner or later again. My opinion is just too provocative for you. tongue
Now that I have known that you're just doing it for the fun - I'll try and ignore unless they still come too corrosive. grin

But seriously, some of your co-travelers need to be spanked on the asss.

That reminds me ,where is chilisauce?
That lady is local,I like her vibes and the way she writes especially when she said '' dem go hear whin'' grin ,but abusing my parents was a no go area,it was totally uncalled for - But I have forgiven her childishness. grin

Say me 'hi' to her. cheesy
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
KanwuliaJara:
It shows you LACK HUMILITY!
This is the SADDEST thing I have read all day to make me regret logging on to NL. angry

Not everything should be seen as a 'curse' you know?
You need to learn to be HUMBLE AND GRACIOUS!

It is the thought that matters. . . THE BLESSINGS OF SUCCESS can only be measured with HUMILITY!

what do you mean, I won't accept continuity of such offer either
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
Truckpusher:
Now that I have known that you're just doing it for the fun - I'll try and ignore unless they still come too corrosive. grin

But seriously, some of your co-travelers need to be spanked on the asss.

That reminds me ,where is chilisauce?
That lady is local,I like her vibes and the way she writes especially when she said '' dem go hear whin'' grin ,but abusing my parents was a no go area,it was totally uncalled for - But I have forgiven her childishness. grin

Say me 'hi' to her. cheesy

This is between you and Chilli.

By the way, I am not doing everything for the fun of it. wink
I mean what I say. cool
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Truckpusher(m): 9:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:

This is between you and Chilli.

By the way, I am not doing everything for the fun of it. wink
I mean what I say. cool
Well go ahead and set the world on fire - I have this tendency of turning a blind eye and watch my friends do all the wrong things for the wrong reasons. grin

Go on and do whatever you like ,I won't bite - I'm tried of losing friends everyday

Even Mondisweets won't talk to me anymore and that's bad already.
We've been friends for too long, just to lose her friendship over a trivial issue. angry
It doesn't make sense.
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
Truckpusher:
Well go ahead and set the world on fire - I have this tendency of turning a blind eye and watch my friends do all the wrong things for the wrong reasons. grin

Go on and do whatever you like ,I won't bite - I'm tried of losing friends everyday

Even Mondisweets won't talk to me anymore and that's bad already.
We've been friends for too long, just to lose her friendship over a trivial issue. angry
It doesn't make sense.

I hope she can forgive you. smiley smiley
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Truckpusher(m): 9:22pm On Dec 22, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I hope she can forgive you. smiley smiley
She will.
I just let her be for now ,after now she'd miss our friendship like I do right now and she would come around. cheesy

But you sha! - smh angry
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by KanwuliaJara: 9:37pm On Dec 22, 2014
OsHYBRID:

what do you mean, I won't accept continuity of such offer either

Your prerogative! kiss
I am soooooooooooooooooooooo glad the wife is smarter!
The marriage is doomed to fail anyway!
Just the tip of the iceberg! wink
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
If people call it pride, they are not totally wrong however what is certain and most important is that you are not comfortable with it. People differ and btw everyone need some element of pride to uphold their self worth. Your wife is the best person to pass the message to her cousin. She is ok prolly cos its obtainable in their family and it seems she is not that good/choosy/stylish with clothes buying to be so relax with it. Nonetheless she should stop it cos your are not comfortable just as you hopefully would do for her when not comfortable with a thing. She should send like 2 to 3 new clothes esp this gift season to her cousin informing her that you got them for her 3 months baby along with others you bought for your child and that the clothes are now so much that she is giving out old ones to those who need them hence cousin should look for people around her that need clothes to give any one she has. Her cousin will definitely get the message. If she still cant stop her cousin, stop her from wearing your child the used clothes, she definitely will find her way around the unsued usued clothes then...But em op this na small issue na, this one you dey ask if hm ok as a man? I hope you dont question your authority for every issue cos it can hugely turn your wife off, what you have there is personal preference whether male or female.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
kingmorgan:
Please if you are not married or experienced dont come here and say rubbish, we are talking about family issues here single ladies or guys should keep off, when you get to your turn, you will have your own experiences to share, so please do not criticizes people with nothing on your HEAD. RESPECT YOURSELVES.

Please stop that nonsense, it doesn't make any sense to me, Tell her you find it inappropriate.
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 22, 2014
kingmorgan:
Am happy you said Less Priviledged, Am not one bro i live by the Grace of God, and like i said i got married two years ago and will be moving to my own duplex next few months, am not saying am rich but am ok, why do you feel i have pride. i am not holding anything against you i only need honest answers.

Don't apologize for being perceived as proud, every human need some bit of pride for the benefit of self worth.
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Agrika: 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2014
If that cousin of hers was genuinely generous what's preventing her from buying BRAND NEW kid's cloths even though is cheap ones, but she has to "dash" the O.p's kids her children's USED clothes, she don see dumping ground abi...those clothes would be better appreciated in orphanage homes or some "financially-challenged" family.

Life is complex and Nigerians are one kind funny ppl, tomorrow should any strife come up between u guyz she will be the first to remind you say "all" ur children clothe na she dash u.
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Dec 22, 2014
Truckpusher:
She will.
I just let her be for now ,after now she'd miss our friendship like I do right now and she would come around. cheesy

But you sha! - smh angry

cool
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by remsonik(f): 10:56pm On Dec 22, 2014
Op you haven't told us the level of closeness and type of relationship which exists between your wife and her cousin. My cousins on the maternal side are more or less like sisters to me and my siblings and if you see us relate you can't really tell we are born of different parents. However it seems you don't like the gesture because its demeaning to your status, if you don't like it find a subtle way to tell her to stop sending the clothes. However the way and manner you say it matters and such little things can strain the family bond between you wife's family.
Better still give it to the less privileged around you and you and your wife too should try send down gifts for her kids too.
Its more blessed to give than to receive remember.
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by ogawisdom(m): 9:56am On Dec 23, 2014
If u dnt need d cloth jst call them and politely but firmly tell them u dnt need dt clothes y is dt so hard for u to do. Rubbish I dnt collect wat I dnt need frm ppl. E ga egi ehere rie nsi.

Nerve and courage is d trade mark of a great character. So many over grown babies answerin men these days.
Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Evina(f): 10:46am On Dec 23, 2014
Mondisweets:
My mum had a cousin who was fond of doing that too, my dad told her that when her demands become unbearable don't come and report her to me because i will ignore you.

My mum being a miss goody two shoes she kept helping her until she was even asking my mum to buy her plane tickets to go shopping and her daughter was even expecting allowance from my mum.

The day she was fed up with this woman's demands she called her and told her to grow the hell up and living like the world owes her hand-outs cheesy

If you keep treating a grown woman like a child she will keep acting like one. Its not a matter of wanting to give her stuff, but she needs to learn to have kids she can afford to take care of. Trust me the demands will keep going higher and higher as time goes by.

Some people need to be told where to get off the bus before they become a parasite.

LOL

This is the funniest comment I have read on this thread. Madam, please don't be hasty to give advice. Go back and read the original post, then come modify your post. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Will You Be Happy About This As A Man. by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 23, 2014
@op I don't understand why you must accept what you don't want.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Today Is International Women's Day 2016: What Is It And Why Was It Set Up? / The Agony Of Monogamy- By Tola Adeniyi / Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.