Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,804 members, 7,956,057 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:54 PM

Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep (959 Views)

How Do You Sleep? / Things That Happen When You Grow-up In An African House / 26 Things That Happen When You Grow Up In An African house (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by adebayo201: 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2014
Mostly, sleep is a totally unremarkable event. But a lot of us have at least once experienced some bizarre behaviors at night.

I decided to decode some of the weirdest things that start happening when we close our eyes.

1. Falling
It is also known as a hypnagogic jerk. It tends to happen when you have just fallen asleep. When you dream your body is paralyzed. Sometimes you can start dreaming before your body turns into the ‘sleeping mode’. Your brain enters into sleep cycles more aggressively, but your body hasn’t caught up. With these hypnagogic jerks, you have a dream like falling off a cliff, falling from the sky, or tripping.

2. Sleep paralysis
You want to wake up in the morning, but you realize you can’t even move a muscle or speak. This state can last for several minutes and it is extremely terrifying. In fact it is the opposite to what happens to your body during the hypnagogic jerks. Your brain wakes up before the paralysis which is typical of a deep sleep.

3. Sleepwalking
A lot of sleep-related behaviors are harmless. The most dangerous one among them is sleepwalking. You can even leave your house, walk into something or get behind the wheel. During the sleepwalking you are conscious enough for your body to move but not enough for your brain to be awake. That’s why you can remember nothing about it.

4. Sleeptalking
5 out of 100 adults talk while sleeping. Pillow talk-sessions usually last about 30 seconds. It usually happens during the first hours of sleep. Your body seems to be entering into the deep stage of sleeping but there are still some muscle tones to produce sounds or movements that may accompany your dreams.

5. Recurring dreams
In the course of dreaming your brain is trying to sort out some things. Recurring dreams happen when your brain wants to sort out some psychological issues.

6. Sleep s*ex
About 8 percent of adults reported some accidents of initiating s ex with a partner while asleep. This phenomenon is similar to sleepwalking. Your brain is not awake enough to be conscious. It is possible if you were dreaming about s ex before you went to bed.

7. Exploding head syndrome
Suddenly a person wakes up having a headache after having heard a loud noise. In reality nothing like that actually happened. It is a variation of a hypnagogic jerk. Your senses were turned on but your body is still paralyzed

mine is 2,what's yours!
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by herald9: 11:46pm On Dec 20, 2014
None of the above...
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by am0s(m): 11:47pm On Dec 20, 2014
numba 2 always apen to me ..
somtimes i tot i was dead
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Priceless24(f): 11:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
Sometimes number 2 na 'pressing' oh. grin

1 Like

Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by adebayo201: 11:56pm On Dec 20, 2014
herald9:
None of the above...

tell me this is not sleeptalking!
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by sholikay(m): 11:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
Mhen i dy fear dat number 2 like madt..inshort it normally occurs whenever i had enuf sleep during daytime,so at nite when i want to sleep,na so my body go just sleep,bt my brain dy awake..
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Beesluv: 12:05am On Dec 21, 2014
Sleeping time has come for this baby....
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by herald9: 12:06am On Dec 21, 2014
adebayo201:

tell me this is not sleeptalking!

Nope.
I'm jumping from one thread to another... Mind you...I'm not sleep-jumping.

A light-sleeper like me can't experience such things.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 12:10am On Dec 21, 2014
I cant rememba d last time i expirienced no2 but that shi ia Scary!
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 12:22am On Dec 21, 2014
Mine is 1.. I use to think is spiritual attack o
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by KanwuliaJara: 12:25am On Dec 21, 2014
The sleep sex own ehn? Hmmmmmm.
Sometimes I wake up and WITH HOT SWEATS. . . thinking 5 NAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTY-NL-DUDES PHOCKED ME IN MY SLEEP! cry

My WORST nightmare! cheesy
TUFIAAAAAAAAAAAAKWA!!!!!
If you see as I jump from the bed ehn. . . . With high fever, followed by EPILEPTIC FITS!!!! cry
I think I must have taken waaaaaaaaaaay too many sleeping pills that day!

See HOT SWEAT AND CONVULSION. . . ! shocked
It took me almost 1 hour to come back to my senses!!!! I started running from room to room to ASCERTAIN WHAT PLANET I REALLY WAS IN! cry

*yes, I was dreaming about sex before I slept off. . . I 'masturbed' just before I fell asleep with some very PAWAFU horganizzms. . . . . and was still VERRRRRRRY JOOOOCY down dia when I woke up. . . .ssssssssshhhhhh!* wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHxRQ3Sbc6M
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by KanwuliaJara: 12:36am On Dec 21, 2014
2. Sleep paralysis
You want to wake up in the morning, but you realize you can’t even move a muscle or speak. This state can last for several minutes and it is extremely terrifying. In fact it is the opposite to what happens to your body during the hypnagogic jerks. Your brain wakes up before the paralysis which is typical of a deep sleep.

This one happened to me as a child.

VERRRRRRRRRRRRY FRIGHTENING!!!!!!

I woke up and could not speak!
My parents took me to the doctor in THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT.
I drank some hot tea. . . went back to sleep.
When I woke up, my daddy was at my bedside. . . and he called my nickname "LOLLUS OGOME'. . . .?

I replied 'YES DADDY'?

He hugged me tightly and kissed me on the forehead.

My mom stood behind him. . .praising her 'God'! grin

I had no idea what had happened! undecided
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by TheRealCoolHunK: 12:43am On Dec 21, 2014
Lmao...Nigerians and funny superstitions.
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by AfricanApple(f): 1:07am On Dec 21, 2014
few days ago, number one kinda happened to me while I was on bed. I dreamt I was training with my basketball and was about to fall down, I jerked up in real life, the sleep wasnt even deep yet.

number 4 happens to me sometimes and sometimes I'm aware of it but might not be able to stop myself

my yeye cousin will wake up sometimes and straight to the kitchen, he would bring out that his yeye pen1s and may even be pointing it at the pot of soup grin that's sleepwalking grin that thing dey vex me eh
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by anthoniaz(f): 1:49am On Dec 21, 2014
I remember when one of my room mates fell from up bunk grin
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by Nobody: 2:30am On Dec 21, 2014
I don't do any...
Re: Top-7 Crazy Things That Happen While You Sleep by omoelu1(m): 11:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
sleep paralysis happens to me sometimes.
it can really be fun sha, cause it mostly makes me laugh when I finally wake up

(1) (Reply)

Importance Of Discipline / Can Any1 Remember Dis Cartoon And Its Name??? / A Amputated Child Wishes He Had Limbs (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.