Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

2015 Elections; A Message To All Nigerians. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 2015 Elections; A Message To All Nigerians. (527 Views)

The Re- Rin Elections.. A Case Of Of Denial Of Fundamental Right / 2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps / Things To Do To Keep Yourself & Your Family Safe In This Week Before Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Elections; A Message To All Nigerians. by korel9: 9:37am On Dec 21, 2014
Disclaimer: This thread is not intended to discredit any person(s) or designed as an assault towards any group.

Having studied the political scenario in d country @ present, it suffixes me to say this country, Nigeria, is gradually plummeting into the evil predictions for 2015.
The dramas we would have laughed over in d past is becoming a thing to worry about.
The problem isn't only with the leadership, like many would want us to believe, but mostly with the folllowership.
As much as we all desire for a great nation that we can savour together its greatness, we have allowed the greed of a very few to suppress and oppress us. We have allowed the greed of the pennies they throw at us to overshadow our quest for a great nation.
Without wasting too much words, the 2015 elections rests mostly on the outcome of February 14, 2015, between the incumbent (PDP), who has been a "disappointment" to many and the "new" party (APC). The quotations are with reservations time and space won't allow me to explain.

The main question is
"Who does the cap fit?"
Keep your answer to yourself cos my candidate didn't even make it past the "primaries".

While the PDP is working towards winning the elections, either by
*"Do or Die" means,
*"electronic rigging"
*Intimidating oppositions justly or unjustly or *credable and transparent polls
The APC is busy planning for what they will do if they lose, aand this is what we should all worry about.

The remains of the carnage metted out on innocent citizens who only went to exercise their civic responsibilities by beasts in human clothings, incited by politicians who all they want is power for themselves and their families (extended families inclusive), still lie on some streets in the north. Still the common man kills a fellow poor man like himself all in the name of fighting for their leader.
Which rightful leader in his right senses pushes his followers to kill fellow humans all because he lost an election?
What happened to the court of law when seeking redress?
I fear that with all the signs I'm seeing, we are gearing towards the same direction of 2011.

In Nigeria, we don't play a politics of service to humanity rather a politics that wld serve our selfish interests.
Before you make a choice come 2015, ask yourself these questions:

*What has the candidate of your choice done in the past 4-8yrs or even 10 to human cause to deserve your vote? It has to be something practical and not what you were told he/she did sometime in the past.

*Are you voting for personality or the party?

*How capable (practically and not by mere talks) is your candidate towards solving our backlog of problems. How on earth can a person promise to stabilise the falling oil price and I will take his words serious?

*If you're looking at the party, what's the difference between the PDP and the APC (a collection of disgruntled PDP members)?

These are just some few questions we need to ask ourselves before appending our thumbprint on any ballot paper.

Another cause of worry is,
*How prepared is the INEC at all levels, in ALL the states of the federation to conduct a free, transparent and dependable elections worthy of note?

After the elections ask yourself these questions:

*Did you come out to vote before complaining?

*If you're sure of who you voted, how sure are you of who the next person voted that makes you think your choice of candidate deserves to be pronounced the winner?

*Did you follow the facts and figures of the entire electoral process to the latter before concluding the elections were rigged?

*Why is it a must that your preferred candidate to win?

And before you go on rampage killing innocent souls ask yourself these questions

*What has that person done wrong to deserve your attacks and assaults? Was he/she part of your alleged "Rigged Process"?

*To what end is wasting human lives for someone who is very likely to keep himself busy with fattening his bank accounts after winning the post?

*Is the carnage the best means of seeking redress?

*Is killing of humans that you can't create part of what your religion preaches?

*Why do you have to kill for a man who calls himself a leader for all?

I'll like to stop here for now so as not to bore you but not after I make this plea
I was banned from the politics section of nairaland for reasons best known to the mods but would like this to make frontpage, not for any reasons but so my people can really digest this and have a rethink.

Cc
Seun
Obinoscopy and other mods (I ont know their names grin)

Forgive the long writeup grin but it's worth reading all through.
Re: 2015 Elections; A Message To All Nigerians. by Beesluv: 10:02am On Dec 21, 2014
Let the 2015 come sef

(1) (Reply)

Snow In D Desert / Did You Achieve The Goals That You Set In 2014?? / Robber Who Goes For Confession After Each Operation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.