Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,207 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? (949 Views)

What Does Marriage Mean To You? / Does Marriage Change Men For The Better? / Does Marriage Really Mean Settling Down? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by damesilver(m): 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
As suggested by some people that marriage may be the needed solution for a young person struggling with sexual temptation, how feasible is it?

A lot of spiritual-minded persons find sexual sins as the only obstacle that may bar their way to the kingdom of heaven, hence the decision to marry early in other to render the gnarwing desires quiescent under the permissible cover of marriage.
But it was said that many may be alarmed that things were not much different.

Would there still be a consistent need to struggle with especial discipline after marriage to live chaste?
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by PrettyClare7(f): 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
For people who are decent,who have respect for the sanctity of marriage,who respect their spouse,who take their vows serious,it is a sure way.
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2014
marriage is beyond sex n if u marry to curb yourself of s.exual sins ....... ur problem just begin
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by thorpido(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2014
Yes, you can be married and still struggle with sexual immorality.
The fundamental thing about you as a person is to exercise yourself in discipline.You should imbibe that even before marriage.
Wwithin marriage you can satisfy your sexual urge which helps your discipline.

1 Like

Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by LordReed(m): 5:54pm On Dec 21, 2014
thorpido:
The fundamental thing about you as a person is to exercise yourself in discipline.You should imbibe that even before marriage.

100% endorsed.
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by HFOG(f): 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2014
thorpido:
Word!
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2014
thorpido:

Absolutely true. If you cannot discipline yourself while single, you cannot be disciplined after marriage.
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by bknight: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2014
Hmmm. So if we assume the above comments as premises, can we then safely conclude that marriage is no solution to sexual sins? undecided
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by Sealeddeal(m): 8:38pm On Dec 21, 2014
Aside rape,there is nothing like sexual sin.

1 Like

Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by KanwuliaJara: 2:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
Not for me o! grin
It only made me BOLDER and BRAVER! wink

Some MARRIED dudes are just tooooooo irresistible!!!
Especially with money to BURN!!!! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Nope. Marriage cures nothing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by bukatyne(f): 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
Depends on your stance pre-marriage

For people who married as virgins and maintained a monogamous sexual/non-sexual relationship before marriage, yes

For people who were polygamous pre-marriage, no
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by 1miccza: 4:35pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sealeddeal:
Aside rape,there is nothing like sexual sin.

Not true
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by 1miccza: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Marriage does not cure sexual sins sexual immorality comes results when people are not disciplined sexually and only sexual discipline can stop it...
Re: Does Marriage Curb Sexual Sins? by Yasher: 11:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
I often hear people say things like,"konji na bastard" or "blame konji" that's not True. You don't blame sexual urge for your lack of self control. When you feel the urge, self control should teach you how to put such to check.

Let's say I feel like urinating while sleeping: no matter how deep i am in my sleep, I don't urinate on my body. I get up and go into the bathroom to do it. That's control! Sexual urge is no different- if you don't want to do it, the urge doesn't have hands and legs to force you into committing fornication or adultery. It is just unfortunate that people over hype konji just like they over hype satan and make him feel stronger than he actually is. Therefore, they don't try hard to fight such urges.

NB: Marriage doesn't curb sexual sin because marriage is not an automatic transformer. Only when the party involved decides to be disciplined enough to honour the sacredness of matrimony, and put a Control over his emotional responses, will such desires be done away with.

Mind you, you don't surpress it. You deal with it. One way to start is to know what se.x was meant for in the first place.

(1) (Reply)

Strictly For Those Who Fear God! / Discover The New Ways Of Keeping Your Swimming Pool Sparkling Clean. / 5 Ways Kids Who Grew Up In A Single Parent Home Love Differently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.